Is beauty really in the eye of the beholder?

Ik we all have our preferences but don't we all look at the same things like facial symmetry? Some might like skinny girls and others might like big girls but don't we all have the same view of what a pretty face is?
  • Yes
  • No

714

Most Helpful Guy

• Yes but there are also universal beauty signs. At least there are studies that suggest that. So I think that who you are attracted to will of course vary but there will always people who most people will find attractive

Most Helpful Girl

• Yes, most of it is. Especially when it comes to facial features. Perfect facial symmetry is actually off-putting. It's all on a gradient: some people like smaller this, bigger that; some are more lax with their standards, others more stringent. There are huge cultural differences, too: what's considered 'pretty' in one culture, might be less than ideal in another. In fact, the only universally agreed-upon sign of unattractiveness is that ashen skin tone that sick people get--that's been shown to be off-putting across cultures and genders. But other than that, it's all fair game.