Do you think it is a good idea for guys to just go bald when they have lost lots of hair?

Guys take a lot more pride in their hair nowadays, what do you do when your hairline recedes, you get a huge bald spot on your crown and the hair on top starts getting super thin? Think of the Duke of Cambridge... And then you have more of a chance of coming out of the barbers looking kinda strange. I reckon when you get to about the Duke of Cambridge amount, it would be a good idea to shave it all off and then get a tan. I tan well so I don't think it would be a problem, my complexion is not super light and my hair is brown so it probably would not be terrible. Bald is not a bad look, look at "The Rock", he looks great.

712

Most Helpful Girl

• Yes. It makes it look like a choice rather than you're losing hair and can't do anythingabout it and you look younger in my opinion.

Most Helpful Guy

• Thanks to my dad I know that I'm still going to have a head of fully-colored hair when until I'm at least fifty, but my hairline is still going to recede a bit. These days though you can get your hair back with transplants and stuff, so if you don't want to go bald you really don't have to anymore. Some people look good bald, though, so if you've got a nicely shaped head then just shave it off

• You know the main gene for male pattern hair loss is inherited from your mother, not your father, right?

• Well my hair is a complete carbon-copy of my dad's. Either way, the men on my mothers side all have all their hair too, even if it's not as nice as my dads