Do navel piercings hurt?

Basically I have 2 ear piercings and I want my cartilage and Bell piercing (navel..) before anyone says oh your too young or don’t do it I personally like them even though friends and family do not. To me it’s whatever makes me happy I don’t care what others think of me. Does a navel and cartilage piercing hurt and does anyone know if they use a gun or needle?

135

Most Helpful Guy

• Just be aware to take out the piercing if you ever go swimming somewhere tropical (Fish nibble at shiny things) and from what I know. Navel piercings tend to swell up temporarily but not hurt to bad.

• How would you take the piercing out though

• @Malaya Its generally on a hook and you just remove the exterior flashy piece when you go swimming and then put it back on when your done. Its like an ear piercing only one piece stays with the wearer.

Most Helpful Girl

• Don't get it done with the gun! It shoots too fast and can end up being skew and also splinter the cartridge area. It's best to always have a professional do it with a needle. :) It also heals much faster when done with a needle.

I had my navel done and I felt so weird after. I sat on the floor and took my shoes off and my jacket because I felt so hot and too wobbly to walk. My friends brought me a coke and then I felt okay. I would suggest having half a can of coke before and after, it helps with the shock.

My belly did hurt but it wasn't unbearable! I think watching it done makes it worse so ask them to show you that the needle is clean and then look away! Don't watch them pierce it because your brain will connect the visuals to the pain and it'll feel worse.

• I haven't had a cartridge ear piercing but my best friends have, they had it done with the gun and it just took forever to heal and they had so many problems with it. Always opt to have any piercing done with a needle by hand. :)

I know you're only 15, but I'll say this anyway, don't drink alcohol before! It thins your blood so you'll bleed more and will make you feel light headed.

What Guys Said 4

• It doesn't hurt much, if done properly. However you should treat it well so you can avoid infection. B-button is pretty dirty in terms of that.

Also I personally prefer a sight of bare button, with no piercings, but you know better.

• well they are going to pierce your skin. it won't be pleasant

but many people have it done so it can't be too bad

• If you have any other piercings this could give you an idea

• I got drunk once and a friend talked me into piercing my navel. It didn't really hurt a lot 😂

What Girls Said 12

• My cartilage hurt a little bit and afterwards it was stinging but nothing I couldn't handle though. But be careful, I went on a rollercoaster few days after getting my cartilage pierced and hit the side of my head and ear that my piercing was on cause the ride was bumpy and that was painful as hell lol

As for the navel, I didn't feel it because they numbed it before piercing it. Afterwards, it hurt to lay on my stomach and I worse loose shirts just in case it would get caught on something.

• And any good piercing place will use needles for any piercings. I heard piercing guns can cause trauma to the ear (they're usually used to pierce ears).

• I hear cartilage hurts quite a bit, the people I know who have them say it even hurts now and then even though they’ve had it for years. For naval I hear it doesn’t hurt an insane amount but it gets infected easily. I’d recommend getting a bent bar there as a opposed to a full on ring when you first get it because there’s less of a chance it’ get infected then.

• It hurts. I've never gotten mine pieced but belly button piercings hurt. The little pain you feel getting your cartilage pierced, multiply that by like ten... maybe more.

• No it's just a tiny pinch. They could use either a gun or a needle> but ask for the needle ,, way less chance of infection.

• Best to get it done with needle it goes through the pore while gun forces a whole. Navel doesn't hurt at all but cartilage will be slightly tender

• To be honest you should respect your parents opinion and your friends. Navel piercings have a bad stigma to them that "slutty" or "promiscuous" women have them. And they scream "look at me!! And while you're at it look at my vagina area!!" Honestly it's pretty stupid to get one unless you are intentionally trying to draw attention to the lower half of your body. This is why there is a stigma attached to it.

• My friend did it and said it was painless

• It infected my best friend.

• I have my nose and navel. Neither really hurt. Just a hard pinch.

• I think I got one once and yes they do hurt

• I it doesn't hurt for the navel and it's totally worth it. Cartilage might hurt a bit.

• Make sure you get it with a needle. It's much more professional, I saw the other day this girl was getting her ears pierced and the piercer got her glove stuck in the gun. Any piercing is gonna hurt but it only lasts for a few seconds then it's done.