What do you think about minimalist, natural looking makeup?

I don't wear makeup that often, but when I do I love the natural look still, especially like the girl in the video.

• Pretty!
    Vote A
  • Lazy...
    Vote B
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

1|0

Most Helpful Girl

• I think it's what today's makeup should be all about. healthy complexion with a bit of correction where need be.

It's much more about skin care than actual makeup.

7|1
    1|0
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 9

• There is such thing as too much, there is such thing as too little. At the end of the day you have to do what makes you feel good. My girl loves doing her makeup, but she never wears too much and likes to change it up with different lip colors, etc. But she keeps its simple and she's gorgeous :)

3|0
    0|0
  • Black girls shouldn't wear much make up either way... the darker the skin the less make up. But thEre is some specific Colorado that really look amazing on dark girls,.. sometimes dark lipstick and smokey eyes but depends.. it's tricky
    The lighter the skin the better it looks

Like painting on a canvas... we almost always pick a white canvas. Colours just look better

1|0
    3|0
    • What do you mean. By "The darker the skin the BETTER it looks? " I think you are the reason why SEVERAL BLACK# dark skin women or even Men think they need to Bleach their skin to actually get Noticed or be Cuter.
      Cause most the Guys ( especially black) I see they're always looking for the LIGHT SKIN girl, which I think is just Terrific.

• @andren22 Yeah that's the sad truth... But maybe what he meant was how a lot of white or just lighter skin girls in general tend to plaster on bronzer and what not to add color to their face. A lot of makeup tutorials done by fairer girls end of looking orange by the end of the video.

• Colorado? Lol

• I'd take less makeup over a lot 11 out of 10 days XD. I wouldn't want all those chemicals on my face if I were a girl.

(Fun fact: some military vehicals run on alcohol/flamable fluids. And what are most makeups made up of? Alcohol... So yea need be the certain military vehicals could run on make up.)

1|0
    0|0
    • Flammable fluids? You mean gasoline? haha I don't think the military holds exclusive dibs on that last time I checked. Next time you're at the pump, ethanol is alcohol.

• Show All
    • Civilians haven't seen it because we like to keep it on our shelves rather than in our trucks lol

• @SaintRichie23 Too true man. I only know about it cause I got to drive my bros tank he got for a discount cause his job XD. As a mechanic, as it was ether get it for a third of the price or it was going to get scrapped. >w<

• I think the minimalist natural make up look looks the best on most women.
    And looking at the results of your poll so far, so do most men.

2|0
    0|0
  • So you mean the way makeup was origially supposed to be worn?

2|0
    3|0
    • If you take a look at the history of makeup, there has never been a time period when makeup was *just* about being subtle and natural. Smearing dark powder around the eyes for a dark, eyeliner-like effect was used in Persia. Ochre has been used not only for cave paintings, but also for face painting, and later on specifically used as a type lipstick or rouge to make both lips and cheeks bright. Ancient Egyptians imported a bright red bug from Mesopotamia to create carmine, an even brighter red pigment. Theater makeup all around the world has also always been very drastic and bold.
      Makeup was never "originally supposed to be worn" in any specific way at all, and if anything, throughout history makeup has been quite bold, with bright colors and sparkly pigments, dark contouring/lines etc. At least try to brush up on your history before making claims about things you clearly don't know a whole lot about.

• If she's cute and can pull it off, it's preferable.

0|0
    0|0
  • I love it by far my favourite make up look

1|0
    0|0
  • natural makeup > no makeup > heavy makeup

1|0
    0|0
  • ... and do you wear it for men, or for women? Are you straight, gay, and are you single or in a relationship?

0|0
    1|0

What Girls Said 18

• most men prefer this.. it looks like you take care of yourself are presentable but laid back.. When you put on tons of makeup to change your features it also shows that you are not comfortable the way god made you.. the type of girls who apologize when people see them without makeup, very silly.. how can you apologize for your natural face. Use makeup to accentuate your features, get used to how beautiful YOUR features are and go glam when its needed like a big occasion or night out.

1|0
    0|0
  • That's actually a lot more than I'm doing. I just use bb cream, but korean or japanese one, and transparent powder. Never apply all these bronzers, highliters or anything on my eyes. But she looks fine, nice and fresh.

1|0
    0|0
  • I won't lie, I don't see the point of wearing makeup if you don't want to look like your wearing it. But little makeup is probably prettier than loads.

2|0
    1|0
  • Skin skin skin that's what makeup should focus on! Clear skin with minimal touch ups

4|0
    0|0
  • Personally, I don't see the point in wearing every day, when you're just going to take it off at the end of the day. I prefer putting no makeup on. I hated how I looked when I put it on in high school. If someone's putting it on me for a special occasion, then yes I'll wear it. It definitely wouldn't have heavy make up on.

0|0
    0|0
  • I love a natural look. Just looking good and healthy without putting too mcuh on your face. Seriously the things youtubers put on their face is absolutely scaring me :O

1|0
    0|0
  • My everyday makeup is pretty much like that. If I'm feeling fancy I might add some eyeshadow. But basically I'm just enhancing what I already have.

1|0
    0|0
  • Mahoganycurls :) love her. Yeah she looks great with that fresh-faced look. I myself almost never wear makeup but when I do, that's the look I go for. I stopped wearing eyeshadow years ago because I look better without - the most 'exciting' thing I do on rare occasions is wear lipstick or blush (my personal favourite).

But my average look appears as though I'm not wearing anything.

I have to say I disagree with what another user said. That darker skinned girls shouldn't wear much makeup - they can wear whatever they like. So long as you know what you're doing, you'll look great whatever your skin tone :)

2|0
    0|0
  • I think it great, people always say little is a lot more and that you don't always need to wear a face loaded with makeup. To be truly honest, women don't even wear make up that much in public, I see women everyday at work or other places and most of them are make up free or just rocking some mascara, eyeliner, lipstick and that's it. It's nothing like what you see on YouTube were gurus are just slapping on the foundation and doing dramatic eyes.. a lot of women don't have time for that. I use to be into makeup myself, but now im too lazy to even put it on anymore and haven't worn in 3 years. I still have make up and watch other women apply it but applying it myself just isn't worth it anymore. Rather sleep than getting up 2 hours in advance to just put on make up.

1|0
    0|0
  • i dont get why you put on makeup if you want it to look like you don't have makeup on though... sorry for my ignorance, i personally have never worn makeup before.

1|0
    2|0
  • My makeup is very go big or go home. I think the natural look on others is beautiful, but not on me. I look like a child with no makeup on, so a natural look wouldn't benefit me or enhance anything other than how kiddish I look.

0|0
    0|0
  • I think it's pretty! It's definitely my favorite go-to look for everyday, and sometimes when I go out.

0|0
    0|0
  • fresh and younger looking

3|1
    0|0
  • I love it personally my favorite

1|0
    0|0
  • I think it the best kind :)

2|0
    0|0
  • It's my favorite my makeup look.

1|0
    0|0
  • I don't see the point. Why wear it all then? She could certainly use a lot more, but she doesn't need to draw her eyeliner half way across her face either for that clown look

0|0
    2|0
  • Pretty

1|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes