Why do I look older for my age? (19 years) I look like a mom? Single and unattractive?

I'm a high school senior, and I am socially awkward. People often say I look sad and I hate it. I suffer from anxiety and depression, and i have gained many pounds. I'm over weight almost obese. I have never had a boyfriend and I'm unattractive. The reason I'm unattractive is because I look older and my face looks fat. My body is ugly and I don't feel confident. Guys always make fun of my appearance. They either say look at Fiona!, or look at that fat bitch! I am tired of looking old and not looking hot like the rest. I have always looked older than my age. What can I do to work on my appearance and weight?

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• 1. Workout daily, start with low intensity and duration. Like 10 -20 mins & then increase the duration in like 2 weeks. Workout can be: jogging, yoga, light weight training etc.. better join a club/gym

2. Eat clean, avoid cheese etc, have fruits it will make you "glow"

3. Mediation, there are guided meditations on YouTube, you may start with those. Let me know if you need any help around this, this is my area of interest & expertise

4. Do some random act of kindness. Make some one in need happy, Daily. Will make you strong & get you over with your social awkwardness

PS: looking at your pic, you look really good..
    Cheers!!

2|1
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• You have a youthful looking face, but... your hair color doesn't suit you at all. Also, drop the fake eye-lashes, they add 10 years on you. You are not unattractive, you just have no clue what looks good on you

1|1
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 7

• You don't look that old for me and comparing you to people in my country it's not bad. I've seen people who looks older than you in young age. But I thinks changing your hair color would help you appear a bit younger and improve your appearance. If you had a light brunette hair I thinks that would maybe help. It would look more natural than bleached hair and looking natural is positive since it looks more flattering in generally speaking.

If you wants to keep a young appearance in long term - in several decades it's smart to start now. Both exercise and healthy food would help you staying young. You can use the stairs instead of using the elevators, walk to the closest grocery store if there's anyone near where you lives, jog etc. to keep yourself in activities. You can also join the gym or a swimming club if you likes to.

You've to find something you enjoys doing. When it comes to food eat a lot of vegetables and fish. Avoid junk food, alcohol, cigarettes and big amounts of sugar since it makes you age faster. But you can enjoy some sweets sometimes like once time a week or something. Nuts, raisins, yogurt, smoothie and dark chocolate are healthier snacks that you can eat everyday.

Try to wright down every (only) positive things you've experienced during a day like social stuffs etc. and focus on what you've achieved. Things you didn't manage one day is something you can manage another day. It can be used as ambitions you wants to achieve. It shouldn't be seen as just hopelessness and something you can't do. If you thinks positive the feeling of impossibility wouldn't hinder you. I've not so much experience about anxiety and depression, so I can't say anything about it.

0|0
    0|0
  • Its really strange when I was 15 I used to buy drinks for people. Now that I'm 30 I look like a 24 year old. Maybe its genes maybe they were wrong about all the bad things to accelerate ageing.

1|0
    0|0
  • Start eating healthy, duhh. No more junk food, processed food or drinks other than water. You'd be cute if you weren't so fat. Take control of your eating and take better care of your body.

1|1
    0|0
    • Although which food you eats and how much you exercise affects how you looks it doesn't apply to everyone. Some people can be healthy and big although they're exercising, eating healthy etc. and some people exercise very little, consumes very much food etc. and is still small. So it's genetic too. I'm talking by my own experience and people I've met in real life.

• Its what's inside that counts hun, don't put yourself down. I have a saying don't like me for me then fuckoff

3|1
    0|0
  • I share that same thing w you. It's an alien feelings very few would understand.

0|0
    0|0
  • I’m shy and awkward.

0|0
    0|0
  • Can u message me private pls?

0|0
    0|0
    • Have you got WhatsApp? or Kik?

• um why?
      you want to contact me for?

• I want us to be friends... i want to cheer u up... i want u... cheer me pls and accept

What Girls Said 1

• I think you look sweet :) If you want to look younger maybe you could try a darker color for your hair.

1|1
    0|0

Recommended myTakes