Should I make a YouTube channel?

Im very insecure about my face and im considered unattractive by a lot of people. If someone called me ugly, it could make me depressed. But i really want to make one. Should i make one still?

• Yes, go for it.
  • Nah, save yourself.

712

What Guys Said 12

• If you can't handle the negative side of internet then you probably should stay away from it. People will judge you even if you have posted useful content on YouTube. They don't think before commenting ridiculous things.

That being said, If you have any great video content idea and know how to present it then you should make a channel, regardless of what people will think.

• Yes and no. If someone calling you ugly would seriously make you depressed, then you are too emotionally fragile for the public eye. But you're young and that's to be expected. It's something you should work on improving about yourself. Getting thrown into the world of strangers calling you ugly (and worse) would be good training. Assuming you have a good attitude, and realized that you're taking it to become stronger, rather than wallowing in hurt feelings.

• Well ne confidence

• Yes ugly people are rich too lol... no joke

• You need thick skin for youtube, you clearly don't have it

• You don't have to show your face in your videos if you afraid of bad reactions.

• Can see you pic?

• Do it. What's it gonna be about? Post a link.

• You dont have to show your face if you dont want to

• Send me the link to your youtube channel and i will sub to you :)

• Confidence is key

• trust me I use to get a load of shit from people when I made one years ago so dont to be honest

What Girls Said 7

• Yes! You don't have to show your face though I'm sure your beautiful viewers are more interested about what's is being said.

• There are always gonna be people who will try to bring you down irrespective of how you look, what is important is that you do what you like and hold your ground, and not let the negativity get to you

• Go for it! I’m about to make one myself

• its inevitable to get hated on, real life and internet. you just have to be confident and not care what other people think.

• Don't do then

• If you want it that badly, you can always disable comments so that no one can put negative comments on your videos. However, once you put yourself out there, you are still opening yourself up to criticism, although unless you get extremely popular, I doubt anyone will post anything about you on other sites. Also remember that YouTube comments are full of trolls and people who say things just to be hateful.
    What is the theme of your channel? Certain "communities" on YouTube are generally a lot nicer than others. For example, from what I have seen, the animal/pet community on there tends to be very judgmental, uneducated, and pretty much keyboard veterinarians who go all up in arms if they think something you do isn't perfect. The beauty community is also very quick to judge and point out what you are doing wrong. The ASMR community, on the other hand, is very supportive from what I have seen.

• Maybe this will help your self confidence!

• How about when people call me ugly? That would hurt my self confidence

• That will help your resilience and then you can learn to love yourself regardless of other people's opinions. But also, if you're good, you'll get compliments!