Do you think they Victorias Secret fashion show should include more bodytypes?

• Yes!
    Vote A
  • No!
    Vote B
  • Not sure..
    Vote C
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

1|0

Most Helpful Guy

• God NO!
    Those women need to look perfect, because they sell the idea, that you will look perfect too, or to give you a goal to aim at. (just like athletes in sport)

Also there is no reason to include other bodytypes.
    Skinnier models look sick and models with more mass will cost more money considering, that you will need more fabric for the lingerie.
    If all women have the same body type, they all can wear the lingerie, the designer doesn't have to prepare different sizes.

Why should we include women who do not work on their bodies?
    You do know that these models work on their looks?(Nutrition/bodybuilding etc.)
    Isn't there already another lingerie company, that has "plus-size" models?

Also stop with the body acceptance nonsense. Stop trying to make overweight and obese women feel included.
    It is a fucking epidemic. 40% of the western world are overweight that is a huge problem in all developed countries, which is completely preventable!!!
    (WHO Link if you want to check: www.who.int/mediacentre/factsheets/fs311/en/ )

0|1
    0|0
    • Was all of that for me? Because I don't believe I have stated my opinion yet.

• Show All
    • @Thisguy1997 "Do you think" and "what are your thoughts on" are basically the same thing, don't pretend like you know my opinion from my choice of words.

• I don't have a probing with you stating your opinion on the actual subject, I have a problem with you attacking me for opinions you think I have.

Most Helpful Girl

• No its like a VS thing to have models with amazing body's and also what I personally appreciate a lot, the girls from VS have a healthy lifestyle and do a lot of sport to stay in shape, appreciate that a lot!

0|1
    1|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 28

• Since when are landwhales considered women? Also please don't forget to tell me how "empowering" it is to have a job where you strut around half naked. Completely replaceable, and dehumanized, being nothing more than a walking maniquin?

4|2
    2|0
    • Im sure they make a lot more than you do in their job. They are adored and looked up to by thousands of people, how is that being dehumanized? Everyone who cares even a bit about the business knows their name, people care about them.

• Show All
    • Ill be honest you just told me some shit i didn't know, models have a fanbase. Fucking LOL

• They most definitely do have huge fanbases yeah.

• No lol the whole point of models is to have hot bodies and to inspire people to get fit and look good.

People like Tess Holiday shouldn't be modeling, all they do is promote horrible life styles and choices.

Plus you know that this is a double standard right? If the same thing was proposed for men's models women wouldn't at all agree to it or want it.

6|5
    1|0
  • Nope. They market their brand towards a specific type of woman. If they wanted to expand the market im sure they would have by now. I don't think a company should be put under pressure to change it's strategies just because some people aren't happy about it or themselves

3|3
    3|0
    • They make fat girl underwear too lol πŸ˜‚

• Show All
    • I can't be bothered with this anymore. Go comment somewhere else so i stop getting notifications

• Like I said. Ammusing.

• No this is not meant for all women and it should never be like that, victoria's secret outfits are meant for women who are not overweight just cause you feel insecure doesn't mean they should put fat chicks walking around in lingerie

0|3
    3|0
    • They aren't only meant for women who are are 5'9 and 110 lbs, that's just who advertise them.

• yes because they want great looking women that inspire other women to look like them, overweight women who couldnt care less about looking good are not a good advertisment

• I know.

• I wouldn't mind them being more inclusive of women with different body types , but there is one issue... VS is a billion dollar company which built itself on these "Angels" aka perfect looking models, so if they did a U turn on that... the BRAND would actually get hurt.
    What many fail to realize is that exclusivity is the biggest draw to people and some of the biggest brands in the world benefit form this. If you look at Apple, D&G, Micheal Jordan , Nike etc, they market on being exclusive. If MJ reduce his shoes to $100 , he would sell millions more, but setting a price at $300-$400 makes the shoes seem unreachable and "exclusive" so people gravitate towards them because we all love nice stuff that others can't have.. Its the same with VS. The models set a standard of "only the hot and sexy women wear this" , so even tho most of their customers have normal body types, there is an aura of 'sexiness' wearing VS, because Gisele Bundchen or Adriana Lima wears the same lingerie and those women are like Goddesses to everyone.

So there is a bit of reverse psychology behind being Exclusive rather than being Inclusive.

2|1
    0|0
  • Since when did Victoria's Secret become the arbiter of what body types are acceptable? It shouldn't matter what their models look like, it doesn't affect you.

0|1
    0|0
    • It does matter, VS models are slim and tall and that's they it has always been.

• Show All
    • I never said I do.

• Ok, well I maintain my stance that caring about this is the worst form of consumerism. It's best to ignore it rather than empower a clothing retailer to determine our values.

• No. I think it's fine as it is. Sure it might not be fair to "other body types", but Victoria Secrets is a business with a goal to make profit, and a fashion show is just a marketing method.
    How they choose to do their marketing is entirely up to them.

2|3
    0|0
  • Well not in this case cause then it would just be a regular fashion show. What makes victoria secrets special is that their girls come in a specific measurement that is kinda rare. And on top of that the girls are gorgeous too

0|1
    5|0
    • Not really. It's supposed to be about the product, not the models :/

• Show All
    • Then you answered yourself

• And a woe factor makes the product more appealing

• Not only yes but HELL YES.

I like real women who look like adults, not the mutants they use as models.

0|0
    1|3
    • Lol okay bro

• The angels are as beautiful as women can be because that's their job and they were just given excellent genetics, in no way are they "mutants".

• I am dumb for pointing out your stupidity? Okay. That makes sense.

0|0
    1|0
    • So Im stupid for asking a question? You don't know what my stance on this issue is so calm your tits.

• No, I wasn't talking to you. I tried to reply to someone and accidently did this.

• Alright then.

• it's advertisement they're trying to make their product look like perfection so why not put the image of perfection out there with their product on it.

1|3
    5|0
    • I get where you are coming from... but you also want to expand your market to include women with bigger figures by creating lingerie that flatters their build. Skinny does not equal perfection. There are some plus sized models that are gorgeous.

• Show All
    • not going to lie I don't want every fat girl to feel perfect... I want every healthy girl to feel good regaudless of the weight they carry... but I know Victoria secret dose not possess that ability.

• @watercolor_lions
      Uh... no there aren't.

• I understands that Victoria Secret wants to make their advertising attractive so it can attract more customers and look more attempting. Sad, but true - businesses sells more on beauty because people likes beautiful people and a psychological effect makes them want to buy more due attractive people because it makes the customers think it would improve themselves too.

But it wouldn't be a dumb idea including more body shapes etc. because in that way it can gain larger customer in a different way making people still buy, but making them buy through moral messages instead of only beauty. It can also make the pressure about appearance lesser. But business and ethic doesn't always go together.

2|0
    0|1
  • If that beached whale chick from the show This Is Us walks down a runway in lingerie, I'd projectile vomit.

0|1
    0|0
  • Those women in the bottom pictures need to be glorified in the same light as the others. They're hot.

1|0
    0|0
  • Lol yea I am gonna watch some obese woman atempt to walk in her underwear

0|3
    0|0
  • Being overweight/underweight is not okay. Stay fit and healthy.

0|1
    1|0
  • I want more curvy girls... Not just orthodox slim and bony girls

1|0
    0|0
  • Is "Don't and never will care" an option for normal people?

0|0
    0|0
  • Umm... no. Is this a serious question?

1|2
    1|0
  • Moreover it would be good for their business.

0|0
    0|1
  • More from Guys

What Girls Said 21

• No if they don't offer other sizes... then it wouldn't make sense...

0|0
    0|0
  • Coming from a marketing stand point, it would be beneficial to have all body types because they are selling to womenβ€”not men. Even if men want their wives to wear lingerie, they are not going to wear it unless they feel confident and comfortable.

1|0
    0|1
  • No, if it's Victoria Secret then it's supposed to be sexy, hot, skinny looking. It's not buzzfeed or something.

Also having a good sexy body doesn't make you bitchy? It's what they like to do, model and posing has nothing with being bitchy or slutty. And being fat and ugly doesn't mean the girl is 'nice' 'not like other girls' 'uniqe than everyone else'. Those stereotypes are so fucking annoying.

Everybody is uniqe in their own way.

0|3
    4|0
    • No no you're sexist if you don't have other body types.

• Show All
    • Yes, exactly I know,
      But it does not suit VS when It's fat chicks.

• Oh so there's only skinny and fat now? There's no body types or weights other than skinny or fat? Literally you're one or the other?

• I personally do not care as I wouldn't buy from them even if all the models looked like me and my friends. I don't think companies should be forced to use models they don't want to.

However, they would be smart to give the public what they want if that is what the majority of people who would shop from them are asking for - that's just good business.

1|0
    0|0
    • I completely agree on all terms. I never buy their products because they are not worth the price most of the time.

• No but tthere should be other companies that do lingerie modelling for different body types.

1|1
    0|0
  • No one's gonna get excited for their runway show of it's full of fat chicks... who would want to watch

1|3
    0|0
  • It probably can't. Their lingerie is crap and is really only meant for skinny small breasted women.

4|1
    0|0
  • They're selling underwear to everyone, so yes. Why shouldn't women be able to see what they would look like in their stuff? I'd never buy from VS cause I think their shit isn't inclusive.

1|0
    0|0
    • Also wouldn't buy from them because the quality is absolute garbage.

• I say yes because guys don't care half those girls have eating problems. They only care about her looks

1|0
    0|0
  • There are already hot skinny bitches and hot plus sized ones, no screwed up shapes please, bad for advertisement.

0|0
    0|0
  • No, because the sizes they sell don't include all body types. The lowest they make is like a 32A and the highest is only like a 40DDD

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes Victoria's Secret should include body type of people. I understand that they trying to make them look good and amazing but not all girls are that sizes and get attention for there products.

0|0
    0|2
  • I actually think the VS fashion us a huge waste of time and energy!

0|0
    0|0
  • Thick girls are hot asf and any man saying different is a pussy boi

0|0
    0|1
  • Yes, I think they should! It will make a lot of young girls happy with their body type.

0|0
    0|3
  • Noo I am happy with the type above πŸ˜‚

0|1
    0|0
  • It would be nice too see..

0|0
    0|0
  • Not really

0|0
    0|0
  • other than transvestites? cause these things ain't women... .

0|0
    0|2
    • That is a very ignorant and offensive thing to say. Just because they aren't slobs doesn't mean they aren't women.

• Show All
    • Also, if you're actually serious about the man thing, I obviously don't think so because you literally can't be that stupid, but if you are then just take into consideration that most of them have given birth to children.

• you mean the walking for a couple of months with a pillow under their clothes, and then adopting a kid out of the thousands of abandoned kids that exist? hollywood trannies do that all the time. this ain't nothing new.

• Sure, why shouldn't they?

1|0
    0|1
    • Why should they?

• Show All
    • There is a reason why models are the most beautiful people in the world, they're supposed to make the clothes look as amazing as possible and for women to aspire to be like that.

• Meh, alright. I'd go further into the subject, but I use this website to relax my mind, not to argue, so... you have your opinion, I have mine.

• More from Girls

Recommended myTakes