Girls, Micellar water, a rinse-off cleanser, or both?

I brought Micellar water cleanser recently and the bottle says I don't need to rinse off which sounds great, but I've stumbled across an article where they follow up with a regular cleanser away. What is your skincare routine?

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• I use micellar water to remove makeup, if I use the bottled one I rinse my face with plain water after because I find it lives my skin sticky, if I use the wipes I make sure I go over my face with a clean area/wipe but don't bother rinsing.
    I fine the wipes less sticky, and they're slightly more exfoliating so remove stubborn makeup easier.
    If I'm not wearing makeup I mostly just wash my face with plain water on a flannel. My skin isn't super oily but it can get oily if I use too many products.
    I occasionally use Pure and Simple Face Scrub, which is like a very gentle exfoliator, I have delicate skin, so anything to rough takes make skin off making it scabby. (I know, TMI!😂)

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 15

• So the other day I was so so tired and I just did the micellar water and went to sleep and exfoliated in the morning but usually I'll go in with coconut oil all over and get a wipe then get my vanity planet brush and put some foam wash on and wash my face and then if needs be a little exfoliater after which I use moisturiser works a treat

1|0
    0|0
  • You know that micellar water is just soapy water right?

4|0
    0|0
    • No it isn’t

• Show All
    • So? That doesn’t mean that’s the only thing in it. Does a hot dog contain a dog? No.

• @_caaaaaaam depends on who makes the hot dog. I'm a chemical engineer. The things I have seen man.

• I start off with a cleansing milk to remove my makeup, follow up with micellar water to make sure I get it all off, and then wash my face with a regular cleanser.

0|0
    0|0
  • Personally I like foaming cleansers better! But the micella water I have used in the past has been good at removing makeup so I'd say just wash with water unless you are hoping for a deeper, pore cleansing cleanse

0|0
    0|0
  • I don't think it is enough to clean your face alone. I'm a remove makeup first and then wash after anyway person. I prefer makeup wipes - less messy and they work better

0|0
    0|0
  • Lazy days. Just use the micellar water and go to sleep. If I’m feeling fancy, I’ll get over it with water. But it should feel fine even without it. (Try it for yourself

0|0
    0|0
  • I don't use a cleanser after and my skin is fine but then again I never really break out in general even after sleeping in with makeup sometimes.

0|0
    0|0
  • I'm using micellar water right now, but still use moisturizing facial cleanser. I feel like my face isn't clean without washing my face.

1|0
    0|0
  • Both. I like micellar water but if its at night i go ahead and do my regular skin care. If i use it during the day i just leave it.

0|0
    0|0
  • I use Micellar to take off my makeup and I exfoliate my skin once a week.

0|0
    0|0
  • I use cleanser right away just because I don’t like the feel it leaves on my skin

0|0
    0|0
  • Micellar, facial foam, toner,.. Just to make sure it perfectly clean from makeup.

0|0
    0|0
  • I don't use

0|0
    0|0
  • I only use it to remove makeup

0|0
    0|0
  • I use good old fashioned soap. Sometimes apricot scrub and sometimes Noxema. Once in a while, a mud mask. I get complimented on my skin often and usually assumed to be much younger than I am.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes