Is it weird to wear long pants all year round?

For some reason I've disliked wearing shorts my entire life, once I became a teen I started to just wear pants. Some people seem to think its odd but I feel perfectly comfortable wearing pants year round. Its been about 7 years now since I last wore shorts.

62

Most Helpful Girl

• No, I'm kind of the same way. I will still wear them to sleep in, but other than that, I loooove my jeans and sweatpants. My family tries to push me to wear shorts in the summer because they think my legs are one of my best features and need to be shown off, but I don't find denim or dress shorts to be that comfortable and feel more myself in long pants. Also, as an equestrian, shorts are pretty much forbidden, along with ankle socks, flip flops, etc., so I don't have much use for any of those things since I spend a lot of time with horses.

People are always insisting that long pants, long hair worn down, long sleeves, or even sleeves at all are "so much hotter" than shorts, ponytails, and sleeveless shirts, and I don't find that to always be true either, and this is coming from someone who gets hot very easily. I honestly get SO annoyed by people who try to convince me to wear something because they insist that I MUST be "so hot" or "so uncomfortable" even when I'm not. But I digress.

Most Helpful Guy

• I wear shorts all year round and people think that is weird. I usually get strange looks at Christmas! I live in Scotland so our summer tends to end a week after it begins