How can a person who naturally sucks at being fashionable, be more fashionable?

I try to be fashionable lol, I have no idea what I'm doing.

0|1

Most Helpful Guy

• Subscribe to magazines that portray reasonable, affordable fashions and not the NYC runway stuff. Try to observe women in public who are getting attention and emulate their look. Ask for advice from your friends. Hire a fashion and beauty consultant.

1|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• Just wear whatever you like. Maybe poke around fashion blogs or pinterest? And keep in mind sometimes more simple looks are best but can still serve different styles of dress.
    Also consider what styles of dress you like.
    For me personally i know I like grunge/edgy looks, but i also like boho/hippie type looks.

2|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 11

• Yep, I feel your pain. I was/still am one of those. I have a couple apps that really help build a wardrobe and outfits etc and have hints and tips. There are a couple Facebook style helpers and shopping things I look at for tips. I never used to put in any effort but it's like everything... you have to put in some effort to get results.

0|0
    0|0
  • Money. The only difference between being fashionable, and not.. is the amount of money you have. You could certainly buy non name brand designer stuff, of the same quality for cheaper.. it's just, you wouldn't be considered "fashionable" because you're not wearing "name brand clothes". That's literally the only difference.. the amount of money you have!

2|0
    0|0
  • I've heard there are companies that mail you clothes based upon your photos and such on social media that they think would suit you. So your style is taken care of. Don't know any names though.

1|0
    0|0
  • When you know it, tell me, I share your problem :o
    I constantly need hints of what belongs together in outfits. The fact I'm color blind doesn't help :-(

1|0
    0|0
  • I suggest when you go shopping post some pics on here and
    make a poll and get everyone's point of view what fashions look the best.
    Best Wishes :) xD

1|0
    0|0
  • I'm pretty sure I don't understand your question.

That prolly says a lot about me and fashion.

2|0
    0|0
  • Start with style, then move on to fashion. Style with a nod to fashion will get you a lot further.

1|0
    0|0
  • Wear clothes you like and feel comfortable in wearing.

1|0
    0|0
  • What styles do you like?

1|0
    0|0
  • You can do anything if you try hard enough

1|0
    0|0
  • Dress according to your body type

1|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 6

• Go into a store that's considered 'high fashion'. Look at the mannequins. Dress like the mannequins.

1|0
    0|0
  • - get pictures of outfits you like and make sense in your life
    - go to shops and buy similar pieces.
    - learn how to mix and match the clothes you buy.

1|0
    0|0
  • It's fall so stick to darker colours and avoid overdoing it. Stay simple and chic.

1|0
    0|0
  • Imitate!!! Imitate aspects of the outfits you like in pictures

1|0
    0|0
  • me too

1|0
    0|0
  • Show us some of your outfits maybe they re good

1|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes