Ladies, how can I bring back my healthy hair?

My whole life I've only dyed my hair two or three times. I haven't dyed it for the past few years. Lately it hasn't been as smooth and healthy as it used to be. I live in Hawaii for college, so the sunlight probably has something to do with it as well as something about the climate that doesn't suit my body, because my face started breaking out as well.
Anyway, I use Pantene shampoo+conditioner. That's about all I do for my hair since I don't really know much about hair care.
Any advice on how to make my hair look healthier and prettier?

4

Most Helpful Girl

• Sunlight and salt water has dried my hair out like crazy!

I'd suggest opting for a shampoo and conditioner that is free of sulphates - I find they dry my hair out even more. Doesn't have to be expensive, but it makes a difference. I use a leave in conditioner spray too, but thats mainly so it detangles easier.

I also do weekly treatments with coconut oil. Just cover my ends with it and leave it overnight or for a few hours and rinse it out. Helps make it shiny and soft, and its inexpensive.