What's the most effective way to get rid of acne?

Most of the time my skin is acne-free, but if I get acne, it doesn't go away that fast. Does anybody have tips for acne? What are the most effective and natural ways to get rid of acne?

0|1

Most Helpful Guy

• 1. Drink lots of water
    2. Wash your face in the morning and before you go to bed with some kind of moisturizing cleanser
    3. Don't sleep with your hair touching your face
    4. Wash your pillowcase every few days, or wash it once a week and flip it over halfway through the week

If you want to get rid of pimples that are already there then use a cream with 10% Benzoyl Peroxide and dab it directly onto the pimple - do not put it on any healthy skin or it will just make it worse.

I have very sensitive skin and these steps work like a charm for me

0|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• 1. Don't listen to any homeopathic solutions like toothpaste, lemons, potatoes etc. They're often bullshit.
    2. Get soemthing that's really scientifically proven, like benzoyl peroxide. I use it and it works really good for the little bumps under your skin.
    3. Wash your face once or twice a day
    4. Moisturize. This doesn't sound like it makes sense, but unsaturated fat in moisturizers and oils help against the saturated fat in your skin.
    5. Gently rub your towel over your face when you get out of the shower. This has the same effect as a scrub, but it's a lot cheaper. Don't rub it till your skin feels raw. That only makes things worse.
    5. Change your pillow slope regularly.
    6. Don't expect miracles. You can't let acne disappear fast. You can however camouflage it a bit with makeup.

1|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 7

• Wash your face daily and you won't get as much acne. Neutrogena and a lot of other stuff at the pharmacy is good for treating acne already there.

2|0
    0|0
  • Get a switchblade and trade faces with someone who doesn't have acne

3|0
    0|0
  • So I used to have a lot of bad spots and acne, I found out that:
    1. washing my face at least twice a day (once in the morning, when I came home from work/going out, and once at night) helped.
    2. Eating and drinking fruits and veggies with high water content helped.
    3. Using natural face scrubs to wash my face when I had the chance to face soap, (a Chinese technique i learnt was to use the white part of the skin of water melons as a face scrub to wash my face on places i had the most spots and acne on)
    4. I drank a detox veggie smoothie made of bitter melons and apples (it tastes so bad but it helped)
    5. Cut down on caffeine, oily foods and processed sugars

Within about 3 months most of my spots and acne has gone

1|1
    0|0
  • They say semen is on of the best moisturiser and facial cleanser

0|0
    0|0
  • Toothpaste

4|0
    3|0
  • I would recommend Apple Cider vinegar.

0|0
    0|0
  • Staying out of other people's business

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 15

• For my skin I use the product called Acne-Free severe. The package comes in 3 or 4 steps and it gives you directions how to use each bottle. Besides treatments, what you eat and how active you are (exercising) also plays a role in skin reactions. Eat natural healthy foods that help your inner/outer body feel refreshed after.

1|0
    0|0
  • ik this is probably the most basic response but get benzoyl peroxide acne medicine and a good moisturizer matching your skin type then after sports or everytime you sweat wash your face with water not water and soap because it dries it out. it works on me so maybe you can try it

2|0
    0|0
  • I have that kind of problem with acne marks or better said hyperpigmentation. My favourite home remedy is a mask: 1 tablespoon of rice flour, a teaspoon of tumeric, a teaspoon of honey and than use yogurt til u get an as creamy consistency as you like. Leave on the mask for 20 minutes and wash it of. Be aware of stainig because of the tumeric, so put on old cloths. You skin should be fine though after washing. Use rosewater as a toner and than some moisturizer.

1|0
    0|0
  • Your diet. Dairy is terrible for you skin that is pretty universal but other than that people have different triggers that set them off - yours could be gluten, sugar, butter, etc. Anything unhealthy. Experiment with your diet and that will help. Also drink lots of water

1|0
    0|0
    • I heard that dairy is terrible for your skin but I get complements on my skin and I probably drink a litre of milk a day, alone with 300 good Greek yogurt. I will get the odd zit though.

Try salicylic acid 1 or 2% its in most face cleansers.

• No... just because you personally eat a lot of dairy and have nice skin doesn't mean that that's what going to happen to other people. Dairy is the single best thing anyone can get out of their diet. Dairy is not good for you regardless of your skin being clear or not, by the way.

• Drink a lot of water. Wash your face everyday. Moisturize. Avoid foundation. Exfoliate once or twice a week. NEVER, and I mean never, PICK AT YOUR SKIN. Try to not even touch it if your hands are dirty.

1|0
    0|0
  • I know! Sour cream, organic honey and oatmeal crushed in a billion pieces. It's a scrub and an acne home made treatment. Twice a week. I use it also :)

1|0
    0|0
  • Use Nuetrogena it makes your face smooth if you wash your face daily, and it takes away all of the Acne.

1|0
    0|0
  • Try charcoal strips for your nose. It actually works pretty well.

1|0
    0|0
  • Tea tree oil, water, apple cider vinegar, lemon, honey and Fruite

1|1
    0|0
  • Wash your face regularly, don't pop ur pimples and sometimes toothpaste works

2|0
    0|0
  • Try making a paste out of baking soda and water and use it as a mask

0|0
    0|0
  • I wish someone can tell me also!

1|0
    0|0
  • I put alcohol on mines before they get bigger

0|0
    0|0
  • eat healthy and clean your face daily

0|0
    0|0
  • Tea tree oil is so good! I struggle with sensitive skin that causes me to break out super easily and a lot. Also don't use a cleaser that has a lot of harsh ingredients because it can make you break out more. And wash your face two times a day. Also don't touch your face that's one my weakness because I pick at my acne and it's really bad I actually have seen a difference now that I don't pick or touch my face as much as I use to.

1|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes