What's the most effective way to get rid of acne?

Most of the time my skin is acne-free, but if I get acne, it doesn't go away that fast. Does anybody have tips for acne? What are the most effective and natural ways to get rid of acne?

168

Most Helpful Guy

• 1. Drink lots of water
    2. Wash your face in the morning and before you go to bed with some kind of moisturizing cleanser
    3. Don't sleep with your hair touching your face
    4. Wash your pillowcase every few days, or wash it once a week and flip it over halfway through the week

If you want to get rid of pimples that are already there then use a cream with 10% Benzoyl Peroxide and dab it directly onto the pimple - do not put it on any healthy skin or it will just make it worse.

I have very sensitive skin and these steps work like a charm for me

Most Helpful Girl

• 1. Don't listen to any homeopathic solutions like toothpaste, lemons, potatoes etc. They're often bullshit.
    2. Get soemthing that's really scientifically proven, like benzoyl peroxide. I use it and it works really good for the little bumps under your skin.
    3. Wash your face once or twice a day
    4. Moisturize. This doesn't sound like it makes sense, but unsaturated fat in moisturizers and oils help against the saturated fat in your skin.
    5. Gently rub your towel over your face when you get out of the shower. This has the same effect as a scrub, but it's a lot cheaper. Don't rub it till your skin feels raw. That only makes things worse.
    5. Change your pillow slope regularly.
    6. Don't expect miracles. You can't let acne disappear fast. You can however camouflage it a bit with makeup.