What cosmetics do you feel are too damn expensive?

i just bought some things for my sister, an eyeshadow palette, lipstick and a beauty blender. The total was over $110. What the hell?
What would be the best price for makeup? For me if I can have all of them under $70, I think I'll be okay. In a perfect world, under $50.

234

Most Helpful Guy

• Let's be real all cosmetics can be very expensive depending on where you buy it from.

I don't understand why some brushes cost almost 100 dollars when you can make it for probably under a dollar.

Most Helpful Girl

• Almost all them to be honest, all the make up brands in ulta or sephora is just crazy expensive and drug store make up is getting up their in prices as well. I use to have a thing for Mac when I wore make up, I would be dropping 50 dollars on just 4 freaking eye shadows cause that's how expensive it was when I was buying it. I can only imagine how much money beauty guru's drop if their not being sponsored to review make up products for free. Like rihanna just drop her line and people had to drop a 1,000 on it, that is insane for some makeup! I get it 110 is still cheap and maybe cheaper to some overseas but its still pushing it for makeup. I don't care were you live, make up should not be 100 to a thousand+ but people will take what they can get. It's honestly the reason why I stepped out of the makeup world, we're getting ripped off by these huge companies mostly cause we're paying for the name and they can charge whatever they want. Sure it's because its quality makeup but still.. it's just make up.

• You made an excellent point. The YouTube community (or gurus) do put the product out there which drive so up the cost (supply and demand). So you stepped out of the make up world? Now you don't no wear makeup?

• Yes I don't really wear make up anymore and I haven't for 3 years now. I've just lost interest in it and plus im too lazy to put it on or take off, I also like the 2 extra hours of sleep i can get before getting up for work. I still like to watch makeup tutorials and beauty gurus but as far as wearing it myself, i just don't care anymore really.