What cosmetics do you feel are too damn expensive?

i just bought some things for my sister, an eyeshadow palette, lipstick and a beauty blender. The total was over $110. What the hell?
Updates:
What would be the best price for makeup? For me if I can have all of them under $70, I think I'll be okay. In a perfect world, under $50.

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• Let's be real all cosmetics can be very expensive depending on where you buy it from.

I don't understand why some brushes cost almost 100 dollars when you can make it for probably under a dollar.

2|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• Almost all them to be honest, all the make up brands in ulta or sephora is just crazy expensive and drug store make up is getting up their in prices as well. I use to have a thing for Mac when I wore make up, I would be dropping 50 dollars on just 4 freaking eye shadows cause that's how expensive it was when I was buying it. I can only imagine how much money beauty guru's drop if their not being sponsored to review make up products for free. Like rihanna just drop her line and people had to drop a 1,000 on it, that is insane for some makeup! I get it 110 is still cheap and maybe cheaper to some overseas but its still pushing it for makeup. I don't care were you live, make up should not be 100 to a thousand+ but people will take what they can get. It's honestly the reason why I stepped out of the makeup world, we're getting ripped off by these huge companies mostly cause we're paying for the name and they can charge whatever they want. Sure it's because its quality makeup but still.. it's just make up.

1|0
    0|0
    • You made an excellent point. The YouTube community (or gurus) do put the product out there which drive so up the cost (supply and demand). So you stepped out of the make up world? Now you don't no wear makeup?

• Yes I don't really wear make up anymore and I haven't for 3 years now. I've just lost interest in it and plus im too lazy to put it on or take off, I also like the 2 extra hours of sleep i can get before getting up for work. I still like to watch makeup tutorials and beauty gurus but as far as wearing it myself, i just don't care anymore really.

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 3

• Urban Decay? God I can’t believe I even know who they are

0|0
    0|0
  • All of them

0|0
    0|0
  • gotta suffer for your art, mannn

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 22

• woah that's a lot for makeup :/ i use only drugstore brands

0|0
    0|0
  • To my current bank account anything is too much.. so thats why i dont even bother going to see mac, urban d, etc

2|0
    0|0
  • Some things you can get away with buying cheap like eyeshadow (I get mine from the dollar store) and mascara. The only things I pay average price for is foundation and lipstick because they both go on, look, and stay on better. Plus the dollar store doesn't ever carry my skin tone, haha.

0|0
    0|0
  • Beauty blenders are too expensive, it’s just a fucking sponge yet it’s $20...

2|0
    0|0
    • exactly, I think it's just blown up cause of the gurus on youtube. When everybody stops hyping a product then everybody has to have it or at least try it too when back in the day those regular wedge sponges for 2 bucks use to get the job done.

• @BrittBratt2416 your eyes right. In a normal world, that sponge would be $1.50 or lower.

• Rn i just use what i have because the industry is money hungry. It's ridiculous. I need a new mascara, and i have no idea what to buy. High end is too expensive, and drugstore isn't always the quality i want... i struggle finding an eyeliner that doesn't flipping smear. I was pressured to buy a lipstick that was $25 and i was like wtf... for a lipstick? The amount of stuff i could've done with that $25...

0|0
    0|0
  • I accidently walked into blue mercury bc it waa local and i was in a hurry. They hooked me up w trish mcevoy foundation. For $90!!! I was too proud not to buy it. It IS great... But $50 and under is better for my purse!

0|0
    0|0
  • I only ever buy cheap make up.
    My eyeshow palettes are around £8 each
    Brushes are about £1 each
    Powder £2
    Concealer £2
    Mascara £3
    Eyelines about £1-£3

(I don't wear foundation or lipstick)
    I have no problems with my make up :)

0|0
    0|0
  • All cosmetics are overpriced and expensive and kind of pointless when they are made by similar mother companies. L’Oréal volume mascara is good as Lancôme and NYX is good too.

Better to take care of your skin so that u look good without makeup.

0|0
    0|0
  • All of them are! It’s ridiculous. And don’t even get me started on the natural brands.

0|0
    0|0
  • Make up is ridiculous. I never buy it, I only buy cleansing products

0|0
    0|0
  • I buy like $40 foundation. The rest I buy the cheap stuff.

0|0
    0|0
    • $40? Is the brand that good to where it's worth it? What makes the other things too expensive to where you buy the cheap stuff?

• All of them.

0|0
    0|0
  • Mac
    Chanel
    Saint Laurent

1|0
    0|0
  • Most of them. At least the ones that are any good.

0|0
    0|0
  • Kylie shit.

0|0
    0|0
  • Channel, what is up with the those make up prices?

0|0
    0|0
  • All good brands are expensive

0|0
    0|0
  • Naked & MAC are way too expensive

0|0
    0|0
  • Tom ford
    kylie
    chanel
    ysl

0|0
    0|0
  • I never buy expensive cosmetics anymore.

0|0
    0|0
  • Show more from Girls

Recommended myTakes