Would you trust a hairdresser with bad hair to do your hair?

I just watched a video of someone with 4 inch black roots with otherwise blonde hair, attempt to dye someone elses hair, and of course, they immediately screwed it up, and I kept thinking, why would you trust someone with bad hair themselves, to do a great job on you. It's kind of like, if they can't look in the mirror and fix their own situation, how can you trust them to make your hair look awesome. Am I missing something?
  • Sure, why not?
    Vote A
  • No way
    Vote B
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• Honestly? Probably not. I try not to judge people by their looks but when someone works in the beauty industry, their own appearance can be a good representation of their skills. So of course I would want someone with nicely styled hair to do my hair.

1|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 1

• Let's be real, not everyone does his own hair. My hairdresser is bald, that doesn't make a difference in how he cuts my hair. I wouldn't let anyone that hasn't been thought how to cut my hair do it though

3|0
    0|0
    • There is a HUGE difference between someone who is just bald because of genetics, cancer, or just shaves their hair bald, and someone with bad hair. I'm talking about, you walk in, your barber has an uneven hair cut which you can literally see that doesn't look intentional... are you letting him cut your hair?

• Show All
    • Who cares, people have to work long hours all the time. You're just making crappy excuses for someone who's not good at their job.

• usually a good hairdresser has good hair whether s/he did it or someone else.
      they have good hair cos having high critics how it should look n not going with less

What Girls Said 17

• no way!

0|0
    0|0
  • I honestly don't trust anyone with my hair except my mum. She has been a hairdresser for over 30 years now and she understands me perfectly so I always get spot on what I want. It gives me anxiety to know that one day she won't be able to do my hair anymore.

0|0
    0|0
  • i have really bad experience with "professional" hairdressers. you need to know that i have havy curly hair and none of them could handle it in the past. therefore i cut (and dye sometimes) my hair by myself since i'm 16 and i allways end up liking the result, same goes to other people. by any means i'm not a professional but i trust myself and at the end it is my responsiblity

0|0
    0|0
  • To be honest maybe that's the style they were going for. I'm not one to judge how people lile their hair. Poi personally think all of the crazy colors and shaved heads etc look awful, but lots of hairdressers have that hair and thinks it looks good. but it doesn't affect their skills

0|0
    0|0
  • No. I've actually told a lady that I needed someone else because I didn't feel comfortable with her doing it. I mean that's your job. You got to look the part

0|0
    0|0
    • Just like I wouldn't take fashion advice from someone wearing gym clothes to dinner

• I don't see an issue with that. My hairdresser always has crazy hair. It really looks like she doesn't care at all but she works wonders on mine. If you have to work with other people's hair all the time I doubt you wanna go home and do yours after a long day.

0|0
    0|0
  • No I probably wouldn't, but to be honest I don't trust stylist period now that I'm natural. A lot salons, including black owned ones, don't know how to do or deal with black hair and that to me is freaking sad. We're the only group of people with Afro textured hair, how the freak do you not know what to do with it as a stylist? It doesn't matter if most of your clients are relaxed, if you're black hairstylist then you of all people should know how to do black hair even if it's natural. Honestly all hairstylist need to learn different types of hair just in case, if you don't know it then you need to get out there and learn.

0|0
    0|0
  • I had my hair cut by a lady last year she cut all of my hair off! Never went back again I was pissed

0|0
    0|0
  • Unless I know you can do hair, you will not be touching my head.

0|0
    0|0
  • Good point.
    no :)

0|0
    0|0
  • Fuck no!

0|0
    0|0
  • I probably would still give him/her a chance.

0|0
    0|0
  • depending his reputation not appearance

0|0
    0|0
  • I'd have to see their work.

0|0
    0|0
  • Sure I would. I mean, bad incidents happen even to professionals.

0|0
    0|0
  • Most hairdressers don’t do their own hair.

0|0
    0|0
  • No way

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes