How can I get a proper afro that won't shrink after two hours/ make my face greasy?

So the first picture is gonna be me (yes old picture) and the others are some of the style I'm trying to go for. Anyway I've worn afros before but it just gets smaller as the day goes on and it looks more like an old 80s afro more than something cool. Plus I'm tired of people saying (oh he's got a jerry curl) when it's just my natural hair😑 so I'm trying to get a certain look. Any ideas on how to do it and keep it up? Thanks. And also my mom says the texture of my hair is a little different from some so if you wanna send me pictures of something you think I could do/ something cool please do.How can I get a proper afro that won't shrink after two hours/ make my face greasy??How can I get a proper afro that won't shrink after two hours/ make my face greasy??How can I get a proper afro that won't shrink after two hours/ make my face greasy??How can I get a proper afro that won't shrink after two hours/ make my face greasy??

34

Most Helpful Girl

• You should try some products that are produced for afro hairs. I see on youtube it makes curls a lot better n puffy

Most Helpful Guy

• That's just what hair like ours does bro, you just gotta keep picking it. If you wanna use relaxer, you can do that. Also, ask your mom about shampoo/conditioners without sulfates

• 👌 I feel you. It sucks because I wanna show of my afro but the people I'm around just laugh

• It's a different style from the mainstream. It's hard to pull off but when it's right, it's a hit

• Well I'm try! 😂 thank you for the advice