Why aren't guys taking any effort to change their appearance if it could make them look better?

Not all guys, but I'm certainly sure at least 75% takes no or less effort in their looks.
I know guys are generally not as caring as girls are when it comes to appearance, but it's still a weird thought for me when I see a guy who looks like he chose whatever he saw in front of him and with a hairstyle which might not be taken care for of months AND wants to attract girls/have a girlfriend. It's not working that way (attraction matters bro). I'm sure most guys could be more attractive with the right hairstyle and a good style. One could go from a 4 to an 8,5. I know a few examples in real life like holy shit the differences it could make.
So sup with that fams?Why aren't guys taking any effort to change their appearance if it could make them look better??

727

Most Helpful Guy

• It's not seen as "masculine" for a guy to care about their looks, as well as women seem to think guys are really just okay by wearing anything and not taking too much care about themselves. Thing is, not of us guys have the luxury of looking good effortlessly like the textbook handsome guy.

The idea is to take care of yourself but making it seem effortless.

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE
    • It is not masculine? I'm not pointing at plucking eyebrows, make up and shit. πŸ˜‚
      Trust me style and a good hairstyle could make someone look more masculine than ever.

• Yeah, but go tell that to convention.

• also I totally pluck my eyebrows. Also used to wax my face until I started laser treatment.

Most Helpful Girl

• Sounds like me. I never care about my appearance at least 70% of the time

THIS IS ME ON A DAILY

but I am comfortable in my own skin and a bit of free spirit especially when it comes to the hair. people have tried to conform me but if its messy today, its messy today. I do me whenever I wanna. In a way, it lets me know who cares for me and who only wanna use me to make themselves look good. The REAL recognize REAL.

encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE