Why aren't guys taking any effort to change their appearance if it could make them look better?

Not all guys, but I'm certainly sure at least 75% takes no or less effort in their looks.
I know guys are generally not as caring as girls are when it comes to appearance, but it's still a weird thought for me when I see a guy who looks like he chose whatever he saw in front of him and with a hairstyle which might not be taken care for of months AND wants to attract girls/have a girlfriend. It's not working that way (attraction matters bro). I'm sure most guys could be more attractive with the right hairstyle and a good style. One could go from a 4 to an 8,5. I know a few examples in real life like holy shit the differences it could make.
So sup with that fams?Why aren't guys taking any effort to change their appearance if it could make them look better??

0|2

Most Helpful Guy

• It's not seen as "masculine" for a guy to care about their looks, as well as women seem to think guys are really just okay by wearing anything and not taking too much care about themselves. Thing is, not of us guys have the luxury of looking good effortlessly like the textbook handsome guy.

The idea is to take care of yourself but making it seem effortless.

0|1
    0|0
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE
    • It is not masculine? I'm not pointing at plucking eyebrows, make up and shit. πŸ˜‚
      Trust me style and a good hairstyle could make someone look more masculine than ever.

• Yeah, but go tell that to convention.

• also I totally pluck my eyebrows. Also used to wax my face until I started laser treatment.

Most Helpful Girl

• Sounds like me. I never care about my appearance at least 70% of the time

THIS IS ME ON A DAILY

but I am comfortable in my own skin and a bit of free spirit especially when it comes to the hair. people have tried to conform me but if its messy today, its messy today. I do me whenever I wanna. In a way, it lets me know who cares for me and who only wanna use me to make themselves look good. The REAL recognize REAL.

encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images

0|1
    0|0
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 26

• Why is this post okay, but when guys make posts about preferring that girls don't wear makeup, girls get pissed about it? lolol

0|5
    1|0
    • Well I never wear make up (many reasons why), and I'd agree with you. I wouldn't want to see my future boy with make up too so I understand why guys prefer natural πŸ˜‚.

• Okay lol. Well anyway I don't have any answer for your actual question...

• Honestly, some of me friends back in HS and in college even keep telling me to change my style and all other stuff and I'll be a girl-magnet but I still like to walk around with what I like. A dark colored T-shirt n jeans... basically... simplicity :D

0|2
    0|0
  • Whats the point, it is not worth the effort. Guys are opting out of relationships with women.
    www.foxnews.com/.../why-men-wont-marry.html

0|2
    1|0
  • Lmao yeah dude. I used to be like that. Not sure if I really want to post before and aftesr but you wouldn't even recognize me. The guy above.. well it's that dramatic of a difference for me too.

0|0
    0|1
    • How did it affect your life? πŸ‘€

• Felt unreal at first. My looks didn't match my confidence initially so getting all the attention I was getting was strange to me. I noticed that people were much more willing to talk to me and listen to what I had to say. People came to me for advice. Women were all over me and I got addicted to sex lol. I've come from zero to hero and I felt as if I've earned it all. So I've experienced both sides of the spectrum. Attraction has a dramatic impact on someone's life.

• Glad to know that.
      It just annoys me when I see guys nagging about not being in a relationship etc while they look like a homeless πŸ˜‚.

• I keep myself clean, groomed, and fit but it has only ever brought up the question if I'm gay or not. It doesn't bother me that they ask but it's weird to think that being groomed as a man is considered gay behavior

0|1
    0|0
    • Yeah because 75% of guys don't πŸ˜‚ It's unfortunate really. Don't be offended by it tho, you're doing a good job cuz in the end you'll be the one who attracts. Girld love groomed guys

• I honestly don't care how I look or what people think about me. Lately I've been wearing kaki​ shorts, black boots, tie dye shirts and a camo hat. My boss gave me the shirts to wear while we work since he's a landscaper and he doesn't want me to ruin my shirts. He makes the shirt himself.

1|1
    0|0
  • Because I wear a friggin helmet most of the time and spend my days above 10000 ft. Nobody to see my ugly face there. Perks of being a pilot.

1|1
    0|0
  • You are highly mistaken lol. I'm sure 99% of them do care. You can't apply your preference of a man's appearance to all other women. The 25% of men you prefer is solely your preference.

0|1
    1|0
  • We see uglier guys getting girls by other means than attractiveness so eh

1|2
    0|0
  • Well that doesn't matter when you're a racist who wouldn't date guys of a specific race because you think negatively of said race.

0|0
    0|0
    • Seriously, wtf is wrong with you. "This isn't creepy at all, the stalking and shit."

• Show All
    • Lmao you think you have some sort of moral high ground here? You are not a good person. You accused me of stalking.

I know for a fact that I am a good person and I represent myself and no one else.

• I'm not the one going after you. You're going after me and appear everytime. Guess I'll block you.

• For you Moroccan girl, I'll put on a mask of Brad Pitt. πŸ˜†πŸ˜†

0|0
    0|0
  • from cute geeky kid to douchebag level 5 status... I say that works lol

sure... why not

0|1
    0|0
  • To be blunt... cayse looks shouldn't matter... a good attitude n honesty n hard work n hygiene are what matters... as well as heath n laughter

0|1
    0|0
  • But i'm bald and grabbing whatever clothes i see is easier than choosing an outfit

0|1
    0|0
  • Because we don't care. I work out for myself and my future partner. Fuck people and fuck women.

0|0
    0|1
  • Because I like to be myself no who someone wants me to be.

0|0
    0|0
  • There's no social pressure to be visually pleasing

0|1
    0|0
  • I'm sexy and I know it.

1|0
    0|0
  • Haha you naughty Moroccan.

0|0
    0|0
  • Our brain works better than our looks

0|0
    1|0
  • More from Guys

What Girls Said 6

• I wonder the same thing. Honestly, dudes are so chill like that.

0|0
    0|1
  • I'd pick the guy on the left in a heartbeat.

1|4
    0|0
  • I couldn't agree more!

1|0
    0|1
  • And getting in shape would be so easy for them lol

0|0
    0|5
    • It takes many years of daily work for a guy to get a muscly and defined body. Girls only need to cut calories to look desirable... guys have it much tougher. And even when guys have the muscle, we have to cut out calories severely in order to get down to 9% body fat in order to make our muscles look chiseled.

• Because they like how they look

0|1
    0|0
  • I think they don't know any better

0|0
    0|3

Recommended myTakes