Ties. Are they in or out?

I mix my days up with ties or open collar with a pocket square. But I'm interested to know from either gender what their thoughts are on what look is in for corporate/business attire.Ties. Are they in or out??

54

Most Helpful Girl

• they're always in.
    it's the outfit we always call confident n shows strength.
    .
    but as a guy pointed out, sometimes going with a shirt is a better choice. depends on what you doing.
    .
    going on an important meeting, first time meeting : ties.

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE
    • Yep. My rule is at least wear a tie when meeting a client for the first time.

• Ha! Believe me, not everyone!

You'd be amazed at how many people I've met/interviewed who turn up in casual attire. And I work in consulting - client facing work.

• sry you're right ✔️ not everyone knows about this book 😂
      but i think those people are the no-trust.
      tho when it's about interview the outfit depends on the type of job. like for a waiter or chef a casual is ok.

Most Helpful Guy

• Ties are definitely in. Makes the person look more professional. But then again in today's world where business is going more informal, it's not a necessity.

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE
    • That, but there's so many other ways to dress up nowadays, i. e pocket squares, lapel pins etc. All at once is too much.

I do think the old comic book ties will come back in the next couple of years as retro. Spiderman, Phantom etc.

• Yes I agree with you on the ways to dress up being too much. I believe in keeping it simple ( so the one looking at me isn't confused). But I am not sure if old comic book ties will be a thing again. I think in 10 years ties might just go out of style.