Ties. Are they in or out?

I mix my days up with ties or open collar with a pocket square. But I'm interested to know from either gender what their thoughts are on what look is in for corporate/business attire.Ties. Are they in or out??

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• they're always in.
    it's the outfit we always call confident n shows strength.
    but as a guy pointed out, sometimes going with a shirt is a better choice. depends on what you doing.
    going on an important meeting, first time meeting : ties.

0|0
    0|0
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE
    • Yep. My rule is at least wear a tie when meeting a client for the first time.

• Show All
    • Ha! Believe me, not everyone!

You'd be amazed at how many people I've met/interviewed who turn up in casual attire. And I work in consulting - client facing work.

• sry you're right ✔️ not everyone knows about this book 😂
      but i think those people are the no-trust.
      tho when it's about interview the outfit depends on the type of job. like for a waiter or chef a casual is ok.

Most Helpful Guy

• Ties are definitely in. Makes the person look more professional. But then again in today's world where business is going more informal, it's not a necessity.

0|0
    0|0
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE
    • That, but there's so many other ways to dress up nowadays, i. e pocket squares, lapel pins etc. All at once is too much.

I do think the old comic book ties will come back in the next couple of years as retro. Spiderman, Phantom etc.

• Yes I agree with you on the ways to dress up being too much. I believe in keeping it simple ( so the one looking at me isn't confused). But I am not sure if old comic book ties will be a thing again. I think in 10 years ties might just go out of style.

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 4

• They are totally in

0|1
    0|0
  • I still think them ties, look hot on a guy. :D

0|1
    0|0
  • Are you kidding me? Ties are totally sexy!

0|0
    0|0
  • Must be in

0|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 3

• With corporate business. If you wear a suit. A tie should be worn. Without asking the. Boss directly if he likes all his employee's wearing a tie. If your going to be starting a new job. I would wear one. You can always take it off if none of the other employee's are wearing one. If you choose not to wear one. You can't. Give me an hour to run home and grab a tie.

0|0
    0|0
  • Just a decent shirt is often better. It shows you're serious but relaxed. A suit in my opinion often comes over as to much, of course it depends on the kind of work that you do

0|0
    0|0
  • My gal loves when I wear them, but I find it's an ever more infrequent occurrence these days.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes