Do most men really prefer "skinny" women?

Before I get attacked, I'm not trying to bash skinny women in any way. Skinny, athletic, average, curvy, BBW are all beautiful body types. I just wonder why the modeling industry and the media promote ultra-thin bodies that look as if these women are about to starve to death and die of anorexia! This is obviously the modeling industry's beauty standards, but do men in the real world truly find this appealing?

Do most men really prefer "skinny" women?

1|1

Most Helpful Guy

• Everyone seems to have different views of what each body type is (I love when "curvy" is used lol, so vague and ALL women are curvy to some degree). The woman you have pictured here is way too skinny for my preference. I like "average"... whatever that means? lol I like a little extra there (not seeing bone or muscle definition).

2|0
    0|0
    • Curviness is a body shape. Has to do with having a big booty and big boobs. Both "fat" and skinny chicks can be curvy.
      I guess my definition of average is not fat, but not skinny either. Like this chick, whatever her name is:
      i.dailymail.co.uk/.../...300000578-401_634x838.jpg

Most Helpful Girl

• Lol Im that thin haha. I don't know if people prefer it cause it means i have no boobs or ass but I don't know. I dont thibk it looks bad tho, can't really do much about it either, eh.

0|1
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 33

• No, I don't find that attractive. Lol, I find the women in these pictures attractive, and this is what I prefer.

0|1
    0|0
    • do you consider those girls "fat" or "big"?

• Show All
    • @GrayWhi2 That's one of the reasons I prefer girls around 5'8 or 5'9

• BMI does not determine what you really look like. I am past my BMI and I don't even look like what I really weigh.
      Those girls look perfectly healthy to me.

• Not too skinny, not too fat.. just
    curvy, fit, healthy is my preference... for example something like this

0|2
    1|0
    • Is the Kim Kardashian/Nicki Minaj body appealing enough to you?

• Those girls in the pics. above are skinny, but healthy skinny.

• Nicki minaj and kim kardashian have appealing bodies but my ideal is close to those girls in the picture..

• Nope. This is why I roll my eyes whenever someone tries to tell me that our beauty standards are social constructs manipulated by the fashion industry. Healthy and youthful women have always been and always will be the most attractive to the most guys. It hasn't changed and never will.

The fashion industry is a world unto itself and they treat their models like walking coat-hangers because it's not about the model, it's about the clothes they wear.

1|0
    0|0
  • No, I don't at least. Some skinny women are very attractive but I need a woman with the body of like a Christina Hendricks.

0|1
    0|0
    • I agree that she has a beautiful body. What would you rate her on a scale of 1-10?

• Show All
    • I don't think there's a single thing wrong with her lol

• Beauty is in the eye of the beholder lol.

• Yea but you're showing an extreme version lol... she's a pro model and the industry does that to some of these girls... that's a sickness maybe...

nonon girly you got it all wrong.. slim skinny like this..
    ae01.alicdn.com/.../...chy-Pants-Slim-Jeggings.jpg

oh wait that's like slim curvy... but ouuu she's got a nice bod

ok slim/skinny
    picture-cdn.wheretoget.it/...els-heels-sexy+sh.jpg

0|1
    1|0
    • What about the Kim Kardashian/beyonce body type. She's not "skinny", but she ain't fat eithe

• Show All
    • no they're not fat... of course not
      just thick.. not fat though

• isn;t thick a euphemism for fat?

• I would have sex with a skinny girl like that, but I would not marry her. Sometimes they have no control ober it, but I like my girls with a little meat on their bones. Something to squeeze and bite. A bit of cushion. Something I can cuddle. Cuddling a skeleton wouldn't feel so good.

0|0
    0|0
  • No we prefer personality first. We have a spectrum on physical though. I like thick without cottage cheese and skinny without having to tie her down from blowing away when I bust in her. Personality is a must. That still doesn't help you cause personality is vague but at least that is. Something you can change. Quick. Not a faaaaaat ass tho. Or glandular problems. We also like bewbs.

I'M MR MEESEEKS LOOK AT ME! EXISTENCE IS PAIN BUT A NUT IS WORTH IT!

0|0
    0|0
  • Every guy is different.
    I honestly don't know what else to say.
    Eventually, you will find a guy who finds you attractive.
    Some guys like skinny women, some like genuine curves, some like those curves to be fatty instead. Some like huge boobs that suffocate them to near death, others like boyish flat chest. Some like midgets, others like giantesses.

0|0
    0|0
  • Being overweight is not okay, I'll leave it at that.

1|0
    0|0
    • some girls are a few extra pounds past what the bmi chart says they should weigh and they still look average/curvy (not fat).

• No. Absolutely not. Especially if you are referring to the photo. Skinny/masculine/athletic, all repulsive.

0|0
    0|0
  • I think a lot of it has to do with culture as well. In oriental Asia for instance, skinny (but well endowed?) seems to be the 'ideal' body type. I could be wrong.

0|0
    0|0
  • The pic you choose is quite unfortunate indeed.
    But like, this is a certain percentage of models and a percentage I totally do not like

0|0
    0|0
  • No... i can be confortable with every women. Every women is beautiful in their own ways. I dont think this should matter.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes, skinny is good, but eww that image is disgusting, so skinny it makes me want to puke

0|1
    0|0
  • The pic above is honestly scary. The girl needs more near on her bones.

0|0
    0|0
  • i never prefer a skinny woman, i like some meat on her

0|0
    0|0
  • No. But we prefer healthy size. Not too skinny and not a whale

0|1
    0|0
  • Healthy. Bit more bit less varies by individual taste

0|0
    0|0
  • Not too skinny but with nice dhape if bobs and bump finally curved

0|0
    0|0
  • Not that, god no. Id take Christina Hendricks over that or most skinny bitches any day of the week

0|0
    0|0
    • Someone else mentioned Xtina Hendricks lol. What would you rate her as on a scale of 1-10?

• 10. I mean for me, beauty is something of an aggregate score where all factors play in- but there is a point where weight goes too far in either direction and becomes unhealthy that I find it unattractive

• She has a nice body, but honestly her face isn't that special.

• More from Guys

What Girls Said 2

Recommended myTakes