Do most men really prefer "skinny" women?

Before I get attacked, I'm not trying to bash skinny women in any way. Skinny, athletic, average, curvy, BBW are all beautiful body types. I just wonder why the modeling industry and the media promote ultra-thin bodies that look as if these women are about to starve to death and die of anorexia! This is obviously the modeling industry's beauty standards, but do men in the real world truly find this appealing?

334

Most Helpful Guy

• Everyone seems to have different views of what each body type is (I love when "curvy" is used lol, so vague and ALL women are curvy to some degree). The woman you have pictured here is way too skinny for my preference. I like "average"... whatever that means? lol I like a little extra there (not seeing bone or muscle definition).

• Curviness is a body shape. Has to do with having a big booty and big boobs. Both "fat" and skinny chicks can be curvy.
      I guess my definition of average is not fat, but not skinny either. Like this chick, whatever her name is:
      i.dailymail.co.uk/.../...300000578-401_634x838.jpg

Most Helpful Girl

• Lol Im that thin haha. I don't know if people prefer it cause it means i have no boobs or ass but I don't know. I dont thibk it looks bad tho, can't really do much about it either, eh.