Does getting a lot of likes and comments from friends on pictures indicate that you are super attractive?

I have a friend whom I personally find attractive and she uploaded a picture of herself drinking at a coffee shop in West Village. She started receiving comments from mutual friends saying "Beautiful", "So Chic", "Slaying", etc... However the focal point of this picture was the scenery. Not her.

Then again, I see unattractive girls post photos on social media where they're the focal point of the image, and they're also getting likes and compliments.

So my question is, do people "like" pictures simply because they like the moment captured in the picture? Or because they personally find the subject of the picture attarctive?

42

Most Helpful Guy

• Depends on the comments, I guess. But mostly it means you're popular

Most Helpful Girl

• I think it's more about being well-liked than attractive. People tend to 'like' and comment on their good friends' pictures to stay in touch and be supportive.

I'm sure a lot of the time friends like the moment captured in the picture or think the person looks especially attractive, but I think it's more about showing your friend support!