How do you feel about high heels?

I've always wondered what girls thought of them. Of course, I know most guys like when girls wear them, but I wanna know your side. Why do you wear them? What's your favorite kind? What do you usually wear them for?

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• They make my legs look long and good. You cannot "dance" in sneaks in my opinion. I won't wear them to work but they compliment the right outfit. I wear them when I dress up of course. Because of my profession i wear flat shoes. A well made pair is easy to walk in. An ill made pait and i must hang onto my dates arm for dear life

0|0
    0|0
    • Haha, yeah shoe quality definitely matters! I've noticed that they make legs look better too, that's probably why I like them πŸ˜‚

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 25

• Why do we wear them?
    They add to our sex appeal. If you knew something could do that, you might be willing to deal with some discomfort too. They make our legs tighten up (like sucking in your stomach does for your abs), look much longer, and skirts seem shorter. Even modest length skirts go from frumpy to vavavoom with a solid pair of heels.

How do they feel?
    Heels are more awkward on your feet, but not necessarily uncomfortable until you reach their walking limit. Walking on carpet is much more bearable than hard surfaces, and can extend wear time significantly, maybe even double it. My highest heels are nearly 6 inches with 1.25 in platforms (and have a strict walking limit of 2 hours). Shorter wedge heels of 4 in with 0.5-1 in platforms are very comfortable and I have worn some without any significant discomfort for 6 hours+. After their walking limit, they're a bit of a pain.

How to Determine Comfort By Shoe Design?
    The more extreme the slope, the more uncomfortable they are and vice versa. A platform can help close that distance, and lower the slope angle, without compromising on the necessary height. Shoes with a platform/heel difference of 3 in or lower are quite comfortable and can sometimes be worn for most of the day. Anything above that is for show, and will severely limit where she can go. Also, the thinner the heel, the more uncomfortable they are. I've worn low 1-2in heels with very thin heels and after an hour or two it feels like your standing on a nail. Wedges provide more support, so they're naturally more comfy. But for some reason, block heels are very uncomfortable after a while, and not exactly sexy, so I don't feel they're worth the trouble. Some here may disagree. Also, padding makes a huge difference. Those slick eye, super hard, eye candy, block shoes you see in music videos are really painful to wear because they don't give at all. It's worse than standing on concrete.

0|0
    0|0
  • I find them sexy but i can't walk in them for dear life lol

0|1
    0|0
  • I loveee heels. I just like strutting, & I like being tall

0|1
    0|0
  • I wear them for several reasons , I'm 5'2 . They're sexy Af.. and the other plus they lift ur butt a bit 😘... they be tiresome but fuck it - its worth it - and I wear them with everything-jeans, minis- skirts-dresses hahah even nighties lmao πŸ˜‚

0|0
    0|0
    • πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚ that's amazing! They do lift up the butt a bit, which I appreciate. They go great with everything so why wouldn't you? What's your favorite type of heels?

• Stilettos πŸ˜œπŸ’‹πŸ’‹πŸ’‹πŸ’‹πŸ’‹

• Yes!!! Stilettos are awesome!

• Because they are are so cute. But I don't wear them often and when do its a sit down event.
    I don't really have a favorite type, but I hate the pointy toe ones

0|0
    0|0
  • Annoying and need to be put to rest. How can someone possibly enjoy the night with aching feet anyway

1|1
    0|0
  • I love them. I find them quite comfortable actually.

0|0
    1|0
    • Really? How?

• Show All
    • I try. Lol

• Another too is that I can run in heels. It's a gift

• I think it's a stupid shoe and it's bad for a woman's health.

0|1
    0|0
  • Heals are nice but a pain. I absolutely love wearing them because they boost my self esteem and make me think I look great, but they do hurt and I can't wear them for more than 4 hours or so.

0|0
    0|0
  • I looove wearing them cause they just make me feel powerful and confident

1|0
    0|0
  • I love them but it's a pain to walk in them for a long time πŸ˜‚ and you need to watch your step as well

0|1
    0|0
  • I don't like them much. I like the way they look but it's something I feel is better on other people than me. I'm tiny and I kinda like it that way πŸ˜‚ Also I'm super clumsy and heels are a painful death wish. In the rare occasion that I do wear heels, it's only like a couple of times a year for big parties or important events when I wanna look extra nice and more like a girl than a short teenaged boy πŸ˜‚ I like wedge heels or kitten heels since they're the only ones I can walk in without breaking my neck

0|1
    0|0
  • They're little evil monsters for my feet, but they look so damn good and hot so fuck itπŸ˜‚

0|0
    1|0
  • I don't wear them, as I cannot be bothered to practice walking in them haha

0|0
    0|0
    • Haha fair enough. How much practice does that take?

• Show All
    • Do you know Ross lynch? He's the lead singer (he also played Austin in Austin and ally)

• Yes, I do know him! I'll check them out :)

• I kinda like em somewhat cuz you gotta be careful how you walk or you will fall

0|0
    0|0
  • I don't wear heels very often... the last time I wore them was my senior prom and I only wore them for about an hour

0|0
    0|0
    • Why is that?

• I'm more of a tomboy... I'd rather wear my worn out converse and jeans than heels and a dress. Plus I'm already kinda tall so I think they just make me look kinda awkward

• Gotcha, that makes sense :)

• They're pretty and set off a good outfit

1|1
    0|0
  • I rarely wear heels, I'm such a tomboy lol

0|1
    0|0
  • The highest heels I own are like 5cm πŸ˜‚

0|1
    0|0
  • I like them on special occasions

0|1