Heels? Do they hurt?

Saw this on Instagram yesterday and remembered a friend of mine who was having issues with her ankle last year because she always wore heels. Her doctor has since advised her to wear flats and rest her ankle as much as she can.

How accurate is this depiction of heels? Heels? Do they hurt??

0|0

Most Helpful Girls

• Yes, usually.

How to test this theory: walk on your toes all day. Do not step down on your heels for anything. Make sure that you’re really straining your calves. Even whilst sitting, keep your toes pointed. Do not rest at all. See if you’re sore by the end of the day.

0|1
    0|0
    • Do you wear heels often?

Which do you usually prefer? Looking good or comfort?

• Show All
    • You don’t know that. I could be surrounded by inferior men.

• Well, then... which is it?

Comfort or intimidation? πŸ˜…

• Depends on the shoes, their quality and the materials it was made from.
    But it definitely CAN feel like that - the exact pic, if the shoe is of low quality, stiff material and is very high (and narrow with no chance of widening because of the plastic-like material).

The better the shoe, the less it hurts - but if it's very high, it'll still hurt... the longer you wear it, the more it hurts.

0|1
    0|0
    • Would you be willing to wear something like that if it looked really good and it was an occasion you needed to look your best?

• Show All
    • Thank you for the mho! =)

• Mention not! πŸ˜‡

Most Helpful Guy

• As a guy, heels look like the most uncomfortable footwear imaginable, just short of hot coals. It looks like you have to walk around on your toes.

0|1
    0|0
    • You have admit, though, with the right dress and even jeans... heels seem pretty attractive.

• I don't find them that attractive. Then again I prefer casual wear.

• So I see! ☺️

Thanks for the input! πŸ˜‡

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 11

• Yes they can hurt. Especially after certain lengths of time. Also a hazard around inclines or stairs. But damn it, they look sooo fierce! N i normally tower over most girls n some guys in them, so I feel powerful. Lol

1|1
    0|0
  • I'm not regular user of heels, but when I wear, it makes me feel discomfort from beginning, in a little time feel nothing and then if I wear for long period of time it starts to hurt, but not as much as the picture shows, I think it's more depended on a person and u can't get an obvius general answer which fits everyone

0|1
    0|0
  • They hurt less when there's less of a dip from heel to toe so something like platform heels are fine but stilettos especially with a thin heel are absolute torture.

0|1
    0|0
    • I see. Would you still wear them if you wanted to look good?

• Depending if I could pull off walking in them. If I could walk normal and just had to deal with pain I would but if I start walking like a wounded deer no. πŸ˜‚

• Haha, I see. Makes perfect sense, thank you for your input!

• I HATE heels. I would wear them back in my early twenties but wouldn't now. I think they look ridiculous and are painful to walk in.

0|1
    0|0
  • some heels are worse than others but I personally hate them all lol

0|1
    0|0
  • Sometimes
    I wore heels all day before when I had to perform on a concert night. I walked through the parking lot barefoot once it was over πŸ˜–πŸ˜‚

0|0
    0|0
  • yes they hurt a lot

0|1
    0|0
  • Hurt

0|1
    0|0
  • Depend on which one you buy.

0|1
    0|0
  • It hurts but not as bad as that pic shows

0|1
    0|0
  • Show more from Girls

What Guys Said 2

• Nah it's more of a sore pain than a stabby pain

0|1
    1|0
    • Do you have experience wearing heels or is it what you've heard from others?

Your gender is male and guys usually don't wear heels, so...

• I have worn heels before lol but I also know from female friends

• Right, so I see! This sore pain, is it while your wearing these heels or the next day?

• Yep, they hurt them like hell, but still wear them, just to impress men. Logic of women, right?

0|0
    0|1
    • A lot of women wear heels just to look and feel good for themselves.

I have nothing against heels. To be perfectly honest, I actually like them every now and then.

• Show All
    • That's besides the point. If a man hadn't invented them, a woman would have.

• No, I've seen otherwise

Recommended myTakes