Black people and their hair?

Why are there so many misconceptions about black people and their hair? From permed hair, braids, weave, to natural hair. I had a heated discussion about my hair with someone who was not black and it really surprised me because everything he thought he knew was so wrong. i had to go get another black girl to back me up.

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• Our versatility is amazing!

2|1
    0|0
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 8

• Black women hair is fine if they don't put wigs or weaves. I think all women should embrace their natural hair and style it.

Too many woman wear extensions and wigs. Smh

3|0
    0|0
    • Well weaves are a protective hairstyle

• Show All
    • Keep putting weaves and perming your hair. That's gonna make you look really attractive. πŸ–’

• Some weave looks really natural and you wouldn't be able to tell the difference

• Thank you I've never understood but admired the style of black hair

1|0
    0|0
    • Lol what is it that you don't understand if I may ask?

• Show All
    • That's good if you can't tell the difference.

• That's good to know

• I understand the fustration
    But i do think telling people about the history of their hair isn't going to make them instantly prefer black girl hair lol

Guys generally like run your finger through fine soft hair though

0|0
    0|0
    • Black girl hair is soft, just thicker. That's how it ends up with more volume and fluff to it πŸ˜ƒ

• Show All
    • @Cerberus_1773 I can see your hair in your picture... it's really cute and looks really soft... I love it

• Thank you πŸ˜™

• Pink, you hate a lot of people. Honestly saying this.
    You have no control over your emotions like I said before.

So for this post.
    I myself have black hair, it's a choice of people what to like and what not. Don't be offended by what others say.

0|0
    0|0
    • Did I say I hate people? I don't hate people. I definitely hate their actions. I am offended by that cause I have to listen to peoples ignorant ass comments.

• Show All
    • tgats not why I'm posting this at all.

• You definitely have the wrong idea.

• An attractive face is all that matters to me. Straight, wavy, curly or afro. And yes there are countless hair types and styles!

1|0
    0|0
  • They are absolutely fine... different regions have different body type which includes body colour, eyes colour hair colour and it's coz of gene too

0|0
    0|0
  • I thought there were only afro and weave lol.

0|0
    0|0
  • Been there, done that. Educated myself.

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 9

• Its annoying. People think my hair is actually really short, and it's short, but it's longer than it looks. I hot comb it and it goes to my shoulders. People get freaked when I say I don't wash it everyday but every three-to-four days. And there is still a stigma that says the hair texture I was born with (black people in general) is ugly and unprofessional.
    Its annoying but people are learning.

1|0
    0|0
    • Exactly !!! They freak out. I tried to explain to them that I don't have to wash it everyday

• a lot of people like to touch your hair. I don't know, it's like touching a unicorns mane. Only the chosen are aloud to touch!

2|0
    0|0
  • They have no reason to know if they don't do the same things with their hair. I actually find it funny when I get new braids and people think I cut my hair πŸ˜‚ I tell them I would never cut my hair, it's like cutting my soul. The confused look on their faces...

0|0
    0|0
  • My aunt is Nigerian so I've seen her do her hair a lot and honestly it's an artπŸ‘Œ the versatility and styles are amazing

1|0
    0|0
  • Cause we're the only ones with this type of hair, almost everyone else is just naturally wavy or straight hair.

0|0
    0|0
  • Black people have really interesting hair!

And the color, well, I have black hair.

0|0
    0|0
  • Maybe if black women went natural and were more honest we wouldn't have that problem

0|0
    0|0
    • A lot of us are natural. And because of ignorant ass people we still have that problem.

• black women are beautiful

2|0
    0|0
  • I love black hair style

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes