How seriously do you take your fashion rules?

Plus size fashion rules, dark skin fashion rules, petite fashion rules etc.

I don't take such rules seriously but I do understand that they have some truth behind them and many rules certainly make sense. However, it is still not for everyone belonging to that category and you may be exceptional, meaning that sometimes you rather look better when you break the rules.

I have always been told that with my complexion I look dull if I wear purple, but it's rather the opposite I look really good in purple. But I religiously follow the rules applied for using accessories, it makes a world of difference to me.

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• I keep My Fashion old and classic. I always wear simple plain black t shirts with simple jeans.

1|0
    0|0
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE

Most Helpful Girl

• Some of the "rules" work for me, so they are worth knowing I guess, but I like to break the rules too. Luckily I can dress very creatively for work. Some people need to fall into a dress-code so they have to know how to follow some of the rules. And some people are just more comfortable being kind of unremarkable looking.

I have this very frumpy, conservative dressing friend who looks somewhere between a Duggar girl and an Amish woman in modesty. She's just become a lawyer, and we are all trying to get her to dress the part, because it's a field where people are very image conscious. She just can't handle it. I tell her, a simple pair of gold earrings. A couple simple necklaces, better make-up, tailored suits, a fashionable haircut... but she'll have none of it. It sucks. But I think she's seriously hurting her career.

1|0
    0|0
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE
    • I'm a modest dresser too. My clothes are all big and shapeless and cover my arms are mind legs entirely. Or my clothes just fit me well and I still have a scarf/vest/coat over them.

This does give me more options to mix and match my patterms and colors, it's fun. I love good accessories.

• You do you sister. Flare it up the way you like, or dial it down - the most important is that you are comfortable and safe, and like who you see in the mirror. You don't owe the world "pretty" or "hot" or "fashionable" or anything (not that you can't be HOT and MODEST).

People seem to think I am at my "hottest" when I am dressed just how I like the most because I am so comfortable in my skin.

• Lol that's great. And yeah we have this one school programme coming up and literally all girls are planning of the tightest and shortest dresses. I'm not obligated to go with the flow,

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 6

• I'm a jeans and t-shirt kind of guy. Not really much into what is fashionable. I just dress "average" unless I'm going to a wedding or something

1|0
    0|0
  • Almost all the colors suits me except for olive green

1|0
    0|0
  • I saw your latest post and deleted... Iam posting here because I can't inbox you

listen sweety, Iam also bad student, Iam not good in studies my parents hates me, every one pointing me but I didn't degrade myself. I was taken life as challenge. I asked my heart where Iam good in? My heart told Iam good in acting, now Iam actor in silver screen, now many people liking me

you don't have a right to die yourself.. what's your age. It's 16, you don't want to see coming remaining 56 years fruitful years?

You are in teen age, don't take your own decisions this is not correct age to take this kind of decision...

Life is full of sorrows, happyness, depressions, wins, looses

We should face and fight everything...

Trust me you have great beautiful future

0|0
    0|0
  • I dont care tbh

1|0
    0|0
  • If it comes in black ill wear it

1|0
    0|0
  • Very

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 5

• I dont pay attention to any rules. If i think i look good then I dont give a shit.

1|0
    0|0
  • Didn't even know there were rules. I just throw on any t-shirt I happen to grab and a pair of jeans.

1|0
    0|0
  • Not at all. I do what I want, if I like it I wear it.

1|0
    0|0
  • I wear whatever looks good on me

1|0
    0|0
  • Not too much

1|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes