I have a makeup problem and I'm not sure how to fix it?

i don't wear much makeup at all. a bit of foundation, primer, concealer, eye shadow, eyeliner, and mascara is all i need because I'm very pale and have extremely sensitive skin

but here's my problem, i wear contacts. for years me, wearing makeup with contacts causes so much pain within 5 - 10 minutes of putting it on to the point go my eyes were bloodshot red and i have to take it all off which makes it useless or go the whole day with painful burning eye aches

awhile ago i put makeup on without my contacts in, and i could go the entire day without my eyes hurting even once. i was really surprised (1. cuz i could actually wear makeup painlessly, and 2. that i never thought to put it on before my contacts in my life; stupid me)

as soon as i put my contacts in, my eyes instantly started burning. i took them out and waited a few minutes, and they didn't burn anymore

so my problem is that my contacts are causing me majour pain with wearing makeup. now a normal person would tell me to just wear glasses, but i don't have any and haven't had glasses for like 5 years because they were another hassle to deal with

how can i fix this OTHER than getting glasses? i still want to wear contacts because where i live, in winter its a pain to wear glasses (fogging up and getting smeary from the very cold Canadian winter weather)

is it how I'm putting my contacts in? is it the brand of contacts I'm using? is it how I'm putting my makeup on (usually very gently)? any ideas? would appreciate it a lot if somebody could help me solve this annoying issue I've been having for years

183

Most Helpful Guy

• *i don't wear much makeup at all. a bit of foundation, primer, concealer, eye shadow, eyeliner, and mascara is all i need *

www.reactiongifs.com/.../no-answer.gif

• Well if you’re wearing all those things in small quantities it’s really not a lot.

• ok listen here, i barely put any of those on my face. gtfo

• That’s really not much Makeup. Basic makeup components 👌🏻

Most Helpful Girl

• 1. Get laser eye surgery or...
    2. Try switching the brand of contacts and see if there is any improvement. You may also try updating or switching your prescription... if that fails...
    3. Make absolutely certain your hands are clean of all products before putting contacts in... if that fails...
    4. Make sure you are actually taking care of your lenses and making sure you aren't allowing them to dry out or come in contact with other products on the way in or out of your eyes that may lead to eye infections... if that fails...
    5. Make an eye appointment and make sure you don't have an eye infection or other eye abnormality that may be causing you pain... if that fails...
    6. Change one make-up product at a time to something else. You'll need to do this systematically because if you change all of them, you won't know what works and what doesn't in terms of stopping the irritation.

• i can't get laser eye surgery

i can't switch my brand of contacts because i have 8 months left of 30 - day contacts and they costed me over $100

my hands are always clean before i apply any makeup and put my contacts in. i also take care of my contacts very well because i dont need to have them go to waste

• But, do you think the optometrist would allow me to exchange my 8 months of contacts to a different brand without charging me anything? I’m not quite sure if they would allow that

• You will never know unless you try. Your doctor may be able to even advocate with the company or insurance and what not, to get your contacts changed if s/he can prove that the ones you have are damaging or hurting your eyes.