What do you think of my tattoo idea?

I got the idea because I really like the look of retro stockings with the seam at the back, but the line is hard to get straight so some people get them tattooed
People top them off with little bows or skulls or flowers
I'd kinda like the look permanently and here's a cute example I found
What do you think? What do you think of my tattoo idea?

0|1

Most Helpful Guy

Most Helpful Girl

• It's ok but I think it would look better with a band around the top like this i.pinimg.com/.../...belt-tattoo-garter-tattoos.jpg so it looks more stocking like. Personally I'm not keen on the one you put up as it looks quite plain but why does it matter what we think? If you like it and want it done why let other people change your mind, as they are permanent? :)

0|0
    0|0
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE
    • Well the idea is to have the little line along the back of my legs to look like retro stocking seams. Google it if you do t know what I mean. It looks kinda classy unless you dress in a trashy way.
      And I just wanted to talk about it with strangers tbh and get opinions

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 28

• It's too simplistic for what your going for do something like make them snakes with a zipper pattern going along there back and make them curve up your legs or something like that it's a good concept but that's too much canvas and not enough ink ya feel me

1|0
    0|0
    • I see what you mean but the idea a for it to look like vintage stocking seams. A snake or zipper pattern like that would just be too much amd it's supposed to look simple and elegant.

• I mean ultimately it's your body do what you will though I recommend giving the 'stocking' part more details like have something like a fishnet type design around your legs anything that give it more detail what you show there just makes it look like someone tried to cut your legs open just try to make it a bit more complete

• Why should others opinion matter, it's YOUR tatto, fuck the rest, if you like it get it done...
    Just make sure you get it done in a decent place with a good tatto artist.

0|0
    0|0
  • I find it unattractive but only if it's clothing is it attractive

If you care about a logical perspective answer... I'll say this

So many guys find it really unattractive when girls have tattoos. Many of these guys may have been your ideal type. Other guys won't care, other guys might find it attractive BUT only if they're the type of tattoos they like so it's hit or miss

They'll prevent you getting a decent job if you can't cover them up to look professional.

They'll be permanent but will fade, discolour and turn into a smudge over time naturally within a very short time. It'll be a whole lot more expensive to remove it.

So I'll just leave this here. ..

0|0
    0|0
  • I honestly don't think it's gonna be such a cute tattoo in 20 years. Think before you ink.

0|1
    0|0
  • Nice but I think position of flower should be just below your ass

0|0
    0|0
    • Well it would be

• Show All
    • That's where the line would end so the flower would be just below my ass

• Then it's fine. I m sure you will look gorgeous at beaches then

• More from Guys

What Girls Said 10

• I love tattoos and have many of my own. I don't think they have to mean anything, and its up to you how you want to express yourself.

However, if you get that I think you may regret it. It isn't unique, its likely to change as your body does, and its a bit tacky.

0|1
    0|0
    • I have quite a lot of tattoos as well, but none on my legs which is why I thought this might make a nice addition
      And it's just a line at the back of my legs though, but a lot of people seem to dislike the idea

• Show All
    • So feminine! Cute :)

• Thanks! :) I like having them all matching as well and I spent ages planning some of them

• No... why have something permanently tattooed that you can achieve with stockings and tights? It;s too plain... just looks like marker pen on your legs... I thin you'd come to regret it.

1|0
    0|0
    • Because the back Seams on stockings are hard to keep straight, plus I can have the look without wearing stockings.
      It's would only be a simple line on the back of my legs though

• I think it would look a bit crap to be honest... I get why but if you're asking for opinions then no. I don't think it is a very nice looking tattoo and I definitely think you would regret it later in life.

• It's a really cute idea, but I don't think it's something I would get because I don't think it would look good on me. That being said, just because it's not something I would do doesn't mean it's not something you should do. It's your body and you like the idea, so you should go for it

0|0
    0|0
  • Not a fan of this one hun, as your forcing your legs to "wear" stockings for the rest of your life. What if a future outfit doesn't match stockings?

0|0
    0|0
  • Personally, no. Just no.

4|1
    0|0
    • Why? What's wrong with it?

• As we age our skin does too, especially our thighs... they’re not going to stay taut and that straight line will start to look like a state line on a map.
      Not to mention for a tattoo artist to get that done perfectly, depending on how you sit, stand, walk and squat it will only look like a straight line in one position

• More from Girls

Recommended myTakes