Model material?

I have always wanted to be a model. I'm only 15 right now and I'm 5"5, I have long skinny legs and I have a unique face/facial structure. I'm going through a pimple stage right now but that's just puberty...
I have blue eyes and freckles, I've had braces so I have straight teeth, I have naturally curly, long and VERY thick brown hair with blonde highlights and I'm just really interested in modelling. Any tips for me or observations about how I look?Model material?Model material?Model material?

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• You're still young, so it's a possibility you gets taller with time. To become a high fashion runway model you've to be 175 cm or a bit taller by the Western standards. Only in some places in Asia the height requirement is 166 cm because of the average height is shorter there. Not every model jobs have height requirement and it's really depending on which model type you wants to become.

When it comes to rest of your physical appearance you looks very ordinary and have a common face. But how you looks now isn't how you would look like when you're an adult. Looks are constantly changing and adults looks different than what they did when they were children and teenagers. Both height, facial features, body builds and everything else is changing with age. I recommend you to wait becoming a model to you becomes an adult; 18 years old or older because it's a very tough job with much competition, strict requirement and pressure.

I don't think there's any specific requirement to become a teenager or a child model. When it comes to adult models it's depending. A casual commercial model for everyday situations (E. g. casual coffee, furniture, bank etc. commercials) looking ordinary is fine and the only requirement is some acting skills. When it comes to high fashion runway model being 175 cm tall for females or a bit taller, symmetrical face, square/angular face and being slim is common requirement.

To become a model for beauty products like makeup, perfume etc. having a classical beautiful face is often a requirement. Some companies just lets a random person become one, using a load of makeup and photoshop, but other wants the model to be beautiful in real life too.

We've different models type like fashion, glamour, catalog, commercial, fitness etc. models. So you should do some research about the different model types before deciding what you wants to work as.

0|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• I don't think you'll be tall enough... most models are 5'10-6'+ and most girls stop growing by 16 so you have at least 5 inches to grow in the next year or so.

Of course, don't let that stop you. Look up agencies in your area and make sure they're legitimate.

1|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 10

• As long as you take good care of yourself you shouldn't have anything to worry about that means eat a balanced diet get plenty of exercise and take care of your hair and skin and you'll be a great model but be careful that's a dangerous career with a lot of people looking to take advantage of the innocent so make sure you do your research and find a proper modelling career good luck with that I'm glad there are still kids out there with ambition

1|1
    0|0
  • If you want to be a Fashion model? NO! Too small and a bit too busty.
    If you want to be a GLAMOUR model? Yes!
    But you are still young and should think about more than using your body to make money. It is a form of positution and you can not make big money anymore.
    Treat modelling as a hobby and not a career. And your too young to do topless or nude.
    Sorry but it is the truth

1|0
    0|0
    • But I am small now however I haven't had my growth spurt yet and both my parents are very tall so it's in my genetics. Also I'm not interested in any sexual type of modelling, more so vogue and catwalk, body with clothes...
      I was just wondering if I had a models body and face... I'm skinny and I have a unique face

• Show All
    • I want to be a doctor that's my main dream but I always thought I could have this as something I do as well. I have pimples right now so they will go away soon...
      My mom was a model and she is very tall and beautiful..
      I do have a unique look.

• I have read other commetts and your replies.
      So why did she stop modelling? How long did her career last?
      I am not saying you can't be model. But even your mum should tell you it is not worth the trouble. You live in a block of Flats not a house. I mean she gave it up for love.
      I feel you should be a doctor first or a Nurse second and leave modelling for a hobby, like being an actress.
      So what job your mum does now? What type of modelling she did, show us pictures of her in her modelling days.

• height wise it's great and your pretty. the problem would be sticking out, you'd have really done something that sticks out as different. :) It doesn't mean that it's the end of the road if you wanted to model, you just need a selling point.

0|0
    0|0
  • Nothing wrong with how you look but you should know that modelling in general is not a great career choice.

You're still young and your looks are going to change so it's impossible to tell, but you should at least have a back up plan.

0|0
    0|0
  • Depends what kinda modelling you want to do as there are different kinds so look around see what you think you're suited to

1|0
    0|0
  • don't think your the model type to be honest in m, y opinion

0|0
    0|0
  • Models are hella tall

1|0
    0|0
    • I haven't had my growth spurt yet, and both my parents are so tall so it's in my genes...

• Looks very GORGEOUS to me baby girl 😍😍😍

1|0
    0|0
  • You're definitely cute but need to see more, like a swim suit pic. As well as what you would look like with makeup on.

1|0
    0|0
  • U look super sexy, do modelling, u will be successful, u r so sexy that u r driving me crazy right now

1|0
    0|2

What Girls Said 1

• Look. Im 5'2 and I haven't been denied a meddling job for my height. So don't let people say you're too short. I also have a big bust, wide hips, and thick thighs. That hasn't stopped me. Modelling is also about personality and how you present yourself. It's not all looks

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes