What's your opinion on copying a tattoo?

See and hear a lot people who just take a picture of a tattoo to an artist and want the exact same. What do you guys and gals think about that?
  • Awfull human scum
    Vote A
  • Don't really like it
    Vote B
  • It's not bad
    Vote C
  • Absolutely nothing wrong with that
    Vote D
  • No opinion
    Vote E
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• Nah tattoos are individual and should stay so

1|1
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• I think it's a bit disrespectful to the tattooist as it's like saying "I don't like you're art work" and they can't showcase their own unique style. There's nothing wrong with taking pictures as a reference and saying you want something similar but you shouldn't expect an artist to copy it line for line exactly.
    Tattooists also design things specifically for a client and most won't want their art stolen by others.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 0

The only opinion from guys was selected the Most Helpful Opinion, but you can still contribute by sharing an opinion!

What Girls Said 3

• I hate this argument.
    I kinda view it as "I love your artwork so much, I wanted it with me forever"
    I know people want tattoos to be original but, that's not always practical.

0|0
    0|0
  • So just talking a picture another person's work and expecting someone to copy is actually a big no no in the tattoo industry. It's wrong because that's them basically saying the work came from mind and taking money off of someone's hard work!

1|0
    0|0
  • Nothing wrong

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes