Why do people tease or hurt sick people that have a condition?

I have been teased and hurt from a lot of people because I am Epileptic and I suffered from it ever since I was 3 years old. Sometimes I feel like I would never heal from this. All I can do is pray for myself to heal. But now I just need some advice of what I should do? 🤕😢💔

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• I think people are naturally inclined to be egoist assholes, despising everything that's different or that they consider inferior, the cure however is education, a well educated (personality, not necessarily intelligent) person won't reject others because of their differences but will accept and even appreciate them. Plus people tend to channel their inner frustration onto others, so don't let them influence you, they are just simple immature assholes.
    (I speak by experience, I used to be mean to people, and some of them were mean to me in return, then moved country and grew up, realizing the difference between the two types of people)

0|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• Immaturity, apathy, or a lack of understanding. When I was in 1st grade and my mom had been diagnosed with cancer, when the other kids saw her they'd make fun of her and of me because she didn't have any hair. If you're getting shit from other grown men and women, they just need to grow the fuck up and have a little empathy. It's that simple.

0|0
    0|0
    • It's so true they really do need to grow up. Thank you for caring so much. I just hope God would heal me from this.

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 4

• How do you even do that? They have heard you have a condotion and are mocking you or what is the point?

0|0
    0|0
    • People tease me and they think being Epileptic is a funny. Well it's not its very stressful, it's emotional, painful and it hurts really bad. There's no cure for it. But I try to not let it bring me down or keep me away from the things I want.

• People are mocking and bullying people because of everything. I was bullyed over 7 years in shool to the point I was in hospital with a concussion because beeing a late bloomer a bit chubby not strong nerdy and now I am finishing my master in Chemistry. Dont let them bring you down in fact this can make you stronger because the real world is just as dirty and if they dont talk to you in front of you they do it behind your back. Stay with me hope your condition gets better though. <3

• I have a chronic illness as well, and would be happy to talk to you about it. DM me if you need to chat.

0|0
    0|0
    • Awwww I hope you feel better. I'm trying heal myself but that's all I ask for God to do for me.

• Because people are assholes

0|0
    0|0
  • One of the girls on Dancing with the stars this season, had a very bad childhood, and wound up in a wheelchair. She learned to walk again, with a lot of perseverance, however she still can't feel her leg due to the condition she suffered when she was little. She's dancing on the show, and she's a really good dancer.

She told us that when she was in high school, she got picked on. People tend to pick on people who are "different". Just look at our president, after all

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 0

The only opinion from girls was selected the Most Helpful Opinion, but you can still contribute by sharing an opinion!

Recommended myTakes