How do I accept the fact that I'm unattractive?

I have two sisters, one older, one younger. The younger one is very pretty and even my older one is. I used to think I was pretty enough and really liked my appearance. But now days, I've noticed that every time were out in public, people always compliment my younger sister calling her an angel, and then go on to compliment my older sister too. And not even out of common courtesy do they say a nice thing to me. All they do is make a joke about how I'm the left out sister. My aunts and mom are even worried for me because how will anyone ever like me? I try my best to get good grades and I also go in and out of depression (regarding other stuff) but my mom never cares bc I'm not thin annd pretty. Since this has started happening, I've began to hate my appearance more and more. I can't even look at myself in the mirror anymore.
My friends have never called me pretty and whenever people make me feel like shit due to my looks in front of my sisters, they never try to comfort me even though I know I would definitely do so. I've been feeling really low these days a nd this latest insecurity has only been adding to it. I want to stop caring about my loos but I'm an 18 year old girl who's hardly ever been called pretty in my life, never gotten one guys attention and always given shit for it.

I just need some advice

213

Most Helpful Guy

• The sad fact is that we can't all be physically beautiful. But that's ok. Physical beauty fades. What matters most is what's inside you. Or rather, the parts of your soul that you choose to share with the world. Look deep within yourself, decide what is the most amazing part of you, and choose to share that. Don't keep it in. Let it all out..

I'm not a beautiful person. Don't get me wrong, I'm not hideous. I don't have three eyes and mold growing on my nose. But I'm average. Nothing special about my physical appearance at all. And now I'm losing my fucking hair! But I have a good sense of humor. I decided to share that with the world when I was very young. That doesn't mean I tell a lot of jokes. I'm not a comedian. But it does mean that I'm always very free with a laugh and people like that about me. I smile a lot. I made a conscious decision to be happy and it's worked more often than not. You can do that too. Choose joy and joy will be yours.

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE

Most Helpful Girl

• Unfortunately, people nowadays put way too much importance into looking skinny. However, truth is that there are people who will find you attractive even if you are a bit overweight.

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE
    • If you do not like the way you look, you can always do something about it though