How do I accept the fact that I'm unattractive?

I have two sisters, one older, one younger. The younger one is very pretty and even my older one is. I used to think I was pretty enough and really liked my appearance. But now days, I've noticed that every time were out in public, people always compliment my younger sister calling her an angel, and then go on to compliment my older sister too. And not even out of common courtesy do they say a nice thing to me. All they do is make a joke about how I'm the left out sister. My aunts and mom are even worried for me because how will anyone ever like me? I try my best to get good grades and I also go in and out of depression (regarding other stuff) but my mom never cares bc I'm not thin annd pretty. Since this has started happening, I've began to hate my appearance more and more. I can't even look at myself in the mirror anymore.
My friends have never called me pretty and whenever people make me feel like shit due to my looks in front of my sisters, they never try to comfort me even though I know I would definitely do so. I've been feeling really low these days a nd this latest insecurity has only been adding to it. I want to stop caring about my loos but I'm an 18 year old girl who's hardly ever been called pretty in my life, never gotten one guys attention and always given shit for it.

I just need some advice

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• The sad fact is that we can't all be physically beautiful. But that's ok. Physical beauty fades. What matters most is what's inside you. Or rather, the parts of your soul that you choose to share with the world. Look deep within yourself, decide what is the most amazing part of you, and choose to share that. Don't keep it in. Let it all out..

I'm not a beautiful person. Don't get me wrong, I'm not hideous. I don't have three eyes and mold growing on my nose. But I'm average. Nothing special about my physical appearance at all. And now I'm losing my fucking hair! But I have a good sense of humor. I decided to share that with the world when I was very young. That doesn't mean I tell a lot of jokes. I'm not a comedian. But it does mean that I'm always very free with a laugh and people like that about me. I smile a lot. I made a conscious decision to be happy and it's worked more often than not. You can do that too. Choose joy and joy will be yours.

1|0
    0|0
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE

Most Helpful Girl

• Unfortunately, people nowadays put way too much importance into looking skinny. However, truth is that there are people who will find you attractive even if you are a bit overweight.

0|0
    0|0
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE
    • If you do not like the way you look, you can always do something about it though

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 12

• You need to focus on improving yourself in ways that are not related to beauty, doing well at school and become good at your career is one good way. Alternatively find a hobby and become good at it.

If there are attractive people, there must also be unattractive people. Improve yourself in other ways and you might well find an unattractive guy who will take an interest in you (some guys don't care about appearance or can't be picky).

0|0
    0|1
  • Tell yourself you are attractive, and then think of why that is true. Building that confidence will help you be more attractive, and also help you not really think too hard about the superficial comments from these people.

0|0
    0|0
  • 90% of it is attitude, a smile makes a big difference when i look at a girl, i guarantee you that your hot, u just can't act depressed all the time be happy even if you dont want to be, positivity attracts positive things to you, so you just have to be confident and freindly, before anyone else can like u, u have to like u have to like u, i dare u to send me a picture of yourself, cuz i already know ur pretty

0|0
    0|0
  • Well to be honest it took me a while to eventually like myself. Being a chubby black guy i only have my face and that isn't even that amazing. I've been mocked about my weight for years. Eventually i just said fuck it and changed my habits a little bit so i could boost my confidence.

0|0
    0|0
  • I advice you to read read this:

IF YOU’RE UGLY; READ THIS

Look for it on google

0|0
    0|0
  • I think its funny nobody in the comment have seen you maybe she really is ugly as shit or really beautifull. we dont know and ignore what other people say about you even if its hard sometimes.

0|0
    0|0
  • Just work on your body. If you're fat, lose weight and you will lose fat in your face too which will automatically improve facial attractiveness. Do squats for butt size, try to become curvy etc.

And most importantly, beauty is in the eyes of the beholder. I've seen guys (and girls) call girls ugly that were 9/10 to me. I've also seen girls that I considered below average that have been called 10/10 by other guys. You'll probably find someone who likes you in particular.

Remember, if you are overweight, that's probably the only reason why, because face fat. Someone can lose weight and literally look like a completely different person, it's ridiculous.

1|0
    0|0
  • Do you really think everyone doesn't find you pretty
    For all i know you could be very Pretty
    Don't know till you try

0|0
    0|0
  • Never! Never give IN!!! You're beautiful I bet, and unique.

0|0
    0|0
  • You are attractive, it's ur personally ur growing up, more mature,

0|0
    0|0
  • "bc I'm not thin"

Why aren't you?

1|0
    0|0
  • I know exactly how you feel... It sucks honestly. I put so much effort into trying to look good. I buy nice clothes, work out, eat healthy, take care of my skin... But sometimes I just lose all my motivation to keep trying to improve myself, because I know that no matter what I won't ever change my unnattractive face. My own friends make fun of me for how I look, girls make fun of me for how I look, and it just really freaking sucks ass. It feels like you can be great in so many other facets of life, and have tons of other prospects, but the opposite gender will just treat you like you don't even exist if you aren't at least a 6/10.

I know exactly how you feel, and it looks like I just ended up venting more than helping. I guess, just know that you are not alone, and try to focus on things that will make you happy.

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 1

• You are what you think you are

0|0
    0|1

Recommended myTakes