How to prevent oily skin?

I have extremely oily skin. I've tried it all. Primer, moisturizer for oily skin etc. Do you have any suggestions? Girls, anything I can do in my makeup routine?

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• Change your diet. Avoid fried foods, consume healthy fats like olive oil, avacado and flax seeds. I suggest you use Dr Bronners Organic Soap unscented, it does a very good job at cleaning your body.
    Avoid red meat which means pork and beef. Better yet if possible go vegan for 6 months. Eat more fruits and vegetables.
    Your body is producing oils due to acidity on your body and skin.

0|0
    0|0
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE

Most Helpful Girl

• You are gonna look younger longer, so do I. You can control it can't get rid of it. It will get less greasy as you age but that's not necessarily a great thing because it will mean you're more prone to wrinkles.

Just use cram and foam based cleansers, sticky soaps will leave residues in your pores and cause acne or more grease build up.

Over washing your face, causes quicker oil production, because your skin tells itself it has to prevent over-drying, so wash your face moderately.
    Just control it, don't try too hard to mask it or stop it, it is your skin. The more you fight it the more you irritate and damage your skin. I wash like 3 times a day and leave it alone, not as greasy as I was in my ten years when I used to fight it.
    Also you might want to google some info and see a dermo.

1|0
    0|0
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 2

• Find out what is causing the oily skin.. putting moisturizer on can exasabate the problem. It could be your diet or your age. Have a chat with a professional..

0|0
    0|0
    • The reason why your skin produces oil is because it feels it needs moisture. That's why you moisturize your face.

• I have dry skin so I don't know

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 18

• Wash your face with a regular cleanser (ones that say they prevent oil make your skin produce more oil), use cold water, use a moisturizer, base, oil mattifier, matte powder and white/translucent shine control powder. At the end, use a setting spray on your face. Good luck

0|0
    0|0
  • Prevent? Nah. Help it? Sure! Instead of drying it out, you could try to clean your make uo off with coconut oil, then cleanse it with a face wash made for oily skin before applying moisturizer and going to bed. In the morning, cleanse and moisturize with a moisturizer with spf.

Make up wise, try a primer that makes the skin matte and avoid using loads of foundation. Apply powders instead of liquids if you can.

If none of this helps, then i’d try “drying” it out.

0|0
    0|0
  • OH MY GOD DO NOT SKIP YOUR MOISTURIZER!! use castor oil! its a drying oil but keeps your face moisturized! your face is likely dry and your face is over producing oil to try to make up for your dry skin!

0|0
    0|0
  • I'm still trying to figure this one out. At the moment I'm trying to keep my face moisturized with oil free facial lotion by neutrogena. This is my first day, so I can't really say how it's working at the moment.

0|0
    0|0
  • Green tea!!! Just brew it. Take a cotton ball and put on your face. I use it mostly for zits, but that's bc I have really oily skin in the T zone of my face. It's not a harsh chemical, completely natural.

0|0
    0|0
  • Face washes with charcoal. And exfoliants. Also skip your face moisturizer.

0|0
    0|0
  • Fix it with skincare, not makeup. Gentle cleanser, good moisturizer, SPF on daily basis and you will be good for "under 18" category. Do not use baking soda or similar, it will ruin pH of your skin.

0|0
    0|0
  • Mix 1 tbsp of baking soda, with 3 teaspoons of lemon juice in a bowl. Apply that to your face and let it sit for 3 mins. This will most likely work.

0|0
    0|0
  • I have oily skin too. I have to wash my face a few times a day and redo makeup or you can use powder if you cannot wash face for some hours.

0|0
    0|0
  • Put kitty litter on it for a few seconds a day to absorb the moisture.

0|0
    0|0
  • moisturizers, less greasy foods and bathe often with lanolin soap

0|0
    0|0
  • I use the oxy wipes for my oily skin... use it like 15 minutes before you do makeup.

0|0
    0|0
  • RESEARCH RESEARCH RESEARCH

0|0
    0|0
  • Burn it.

0|0
    0|0
  • I've heard witchhazel helps

0|0
    0|0
  • Jack your brother off more

0|0
    1|0
  • Did you try using baby powder? I know it sounds silly, but it can help absorb the oil

0|0
    0|0
  • Don't eat sugars, oily foods, fried foods, or foods with milks or dairy in it.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes