How to prevent oily skin?

I have extremely oily skin. I've tried it all. Primer, moisturizer for oily skin etc. Do you have any suggestions? Girls, anything I can do in my makeup routine?

193

Most Helpful Guy

• Change your diet. Avoid fried foods, consume healthy fats like olive oil, avacado and flax seeds. I suggest you use Dr Bronners Organic Soap unscented, it does a very good job at cleaning your body.
    Avoid red meat which means pork and beef. Better yet if possible go vegan for 6 months. Eat more fruits and vegetables.
    Your body is producing oils due to acidity on your body and skin.

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE

Most Helpful Girl

• You are gonna look younger longer, so do I. You can control it can't get rid of it. It will get less greasy as you age but that's not necessarily a great thing because it will mean you're more prone to wrinkles.

Just use cram and foam based cleansers, sticky soaps will leave residues in your pores and cause acne or more grease build up.

Over washing your face, causes quicker oil production, because your skin tells itself it has to prevent over-drying, so wash your face moderately.
    Just control it, don't try too hard to mask it or stop it, it is your skin. The more you fight it the more you irritate and damage your skin. I wash like 3 times a day and leave it alone, not as greasy as I was in my ten years when I used to fight it.
    Also you might want to google some info and see a dermo.

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE