Why does my hair damage so easily?

I have super thick, frizzy hair and I do dye it different colours about every 3-5 months (and when I go I get a bunch of treatment so it doesn’t damage) but I use professional shampoo and conditioner and a shit ton of professional products meant for my hair and it still seems to end up damaged. I probably use heat about once or twice a month and trim my hair on occasion so I just can’t come to a conclusion on what the issue may be. Does anyone know what may be causing my hair to feel like hay still?

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• You are dying it fairly often. Are you bleaching it when you dye it? Bleaching and the amount of time and bleaches for can do major damage. I once dated a girl with dark brown hair she tried to make it gray. She only bleached it twice but it would literally just fall apart. So the darkness of your hair what they say how long it has to be smothered and chemical to get your results. You can only do so much with products.

1|0
    0|0
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE

Most Helpful Girl

• In case you haven't noticed, everyone's hair is different. Just because your friend dyes/bleaches and uses tons of heat and her hair still looks fine.. doesn't mean that your will react the same way. We all have different hair types and harbor different genetics. Take better care of your hair between dyes, or stop dying it so much. Your natural hair color is good enough.

2|0
    0|0
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 4

• Try less (frequent) products. Our body isn't designed to get rough-handled with lots of products after all. Hair dye too, is fairly damaging to ones hair, I know that from experience.. :3

If you want good hair treating products, you're much better off studying a bit, and making your own with organic materials. :)

0|0
    0|0
  • The more you dye your hair the more you change your hair forever. Also the more products you use doesn't matter how good they are is not necessarily a good thing. So do yourself a favor and stop dying your hair for a few years and use less products

0|0
    0|0
  • Use pure coconut oil.. that helps your hair strong and healthy

1|0
    0|0
  • Crazy amounts of products is killing your hair. The dye too. Professional or not excess is bad.

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 1

• Sometimes putting dye in your hair can damage your hair same as certain products even though it could be for hair it might not be right product for your hair like for example if you have frizzy hair or damaged hair you need a product especially for frizzy damaged hair also I have been told that if you wash your hair everyday it can do harm

1|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes