What are the drawbacks of colouring the hair?

This is the first time I'm thinking about colouring my hair but I'm not so sure.
And the colour I chose is green by the way lol.

2|0

Most Helpful Girl

• I've dyed my hair several times, and it's great to change things up a bit. There are some effects depending on what you're planning
    -if you have to bleach your hair it will damage it
    -bleached hair won't return to your originally hair colour (maybe a bit obvious) but if you regret you will have to either cut your hair or redye it
    -some colours 'stain' the hair. All this mean is that your hair might have green shades A LONG time after. This is especially a problem with bleached hair, and red dye. The hair on my right side still looks a tad green/blue
    -retouching can be hell, but if you don't you will look like hell. Most colours look great the first couple weeks and then looks pretty bad.
    -since you have to keep exposing your hair to the chemicals in the dye (+bleach) it will wear your hair out. It can make it dry, rough, and damage the fibers. Also your scalp might dry out too.

BUT, there is always a but.

If you take good care of your hair and use good products it won't be a problem. So here's a few tips.
    -don't wash your hair everyday. Depending on what dye you use, the colour will fade fast. And not allowing your scalps natural oils to take care of your hair will dry it
    out.
    -buy a good dye. I use manic panic, but there are several good brands. Or go to a hairdresser if you have the money.
    -avoid bleach as much as possible. Bleach is the real threat to your hair, it can and will destroy the fibers. Once or twice won't do much, but try to avoid it if you can.
    -use colour protecting shampoo, because yea you know, colour protection.
    -condition, I can't stress this enough. Always use conditioner, and use it correctly (let it set ca5min before rinsing) I would advise to skip shampoo every other time you wash your hair.
    -don't have dyed hair for too long. After a while let your hair grow out. Give it a break from dye and bleach. This is where most people go wrong, having your hair bleached and dyed bubble gum pink for years is bound to destroy it.

That's about it, sorry about the text wall. But a summary:treat your hair and you'll be fine

1|1
    0|0
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE

Most Helpful Guy

• it may spoil your natural beauty

0|0
    0|0
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 14

• - It makes recognizing you easier
    - Since you are in India, elder people and auntie's wouldn't take you seriously
    They'll think you are 'bigdi hui aulad'
    - Since you want to go in government services, you may be judged for green hair
    - Bhakts may beat you up because... well green.

0|1
    0|0
  • I don't know mate but do it anyways. it will always grow back even if it breaks off or something. jenna marbles shaved her eyebrows off and even those grew back

0|0
    0|0
  • You probably won't have much trouble since your hair is short. If you had long hair then it would be a different case. So no worries. You just have to condition your hair regularly.

0|0
    0|0
  • You'll look like the Joker, although that's not necessarily a bad thing.

0|0
    0|0
  • The chemicals for bleaching damage your hair. Goodbye, natural shiny, silky hair.

0|0
    0|0
  • i've once tried dying my hair and it does tend to be a bit dry so just apply conditioner or whatever your hairdresser recommends.

0|0
    0|0
  • It can damage your hair if you get the cheap stuff. Especially the cheap hair bleach.

0|0
    0|0
  • It drys your hair to the bone :(

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes watch the bleach

0|0
    0|0
  • having to keep it up

0|0
    0|0
  • They get rough

0|0
    0|0
  • You could mess it up

0|0
    0|0
  • could get damaged

0|0
    0|0
  • It damages it allt

0|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 4

• Green is what people call the "mental illness haircut."

0|0
    0|0
  • If the person looking is colourblind like me, it's not worth the effort mate :-(

0|0
    0|0
  • I think it dries iut your hair.
    Also it might make it harder to find work if you are unemployed.

0|0
    0|0
    • Would it work if I apply oil?

• I don't know, I'm not a hair expert. I have just read that the process of dying your hair does have a tendency to strip it of its natural oils and dry it out.

However, the extent to which it damages your hair probably depends on your hair type, and the type of dye being used.

• Thanks fella 👍

• Weakends the hair.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes