Do you think gynocentrism controls beauty standards?

It is said that in Rome, men were viewed in the same manner women are views today. There were sculptures of naked men in Rome because Rome was male dominated society. Nowadays, first world countries are usually gynocentric which is possibly why women are often featured on ads, commercials, posters etc. If we get rid of gynocentrism, would beauty standards be established equality for men and women?
Do you think gynocentrism controls beauty standards?The problem is how people get offended when a woman is “sexualized” in a ad but say nothing when a man is sexualized in a ad. Why not fix this nonsense by either not sexualizing either sex or equally sexualizing both sexes?

312

Most Helpful Guy

• Sculptures of men in Rome = Art
    Women in ads = marketing

Perhaps Western culture still labors under the misapprehension that men control the money that is spent.