• Never
    Vote C
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

1|1

Most Helpful Guy

• I think sometimes makeup can break you out
    what i recommend is using a makeup that comes
    from a company that has a good reputation.

0|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• It can if you don't remove it all and cleanse your skin at the end of the day. Makeup can clog pores which leads to breakouts. That's why it's important to invest in a good cleanser and skincare routine if you wear makeup frequently. I have several steps to take care of my skin and I almost never get breakouts. Of course, it depends on your individual skin type as well. Some people are more prone to breakouts than others regardless of how much or how often they wear makeup.

0|0
    0|0
    • I go in with coconut oil then makeup wipes then an electric cleanser and cleansing wash and still when
      I wear it I get spots

• Coconut oil may not be the best thing to use. You may also want to try switching out the other products you use for cleansing. It could just be that one of the products you are using doesn't react well with your skin or may be too harsh. You could also be over-cleansing your skin, which can cause problems just like not cleansing enough will. It's about finding a balance that works for your skin type.

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 2

What Girls Said 22

• Not usually for me personally.. Does with lots of people though i think.

0|0
    0|0
  • Only sometimes, it was more so in the past. I wasn't washing my breakup brushes often, as they ended up being the culprit (gross, i know!).
    I barely do heavy makeup only for special occasions.
    When I get greasy, I will notice little spots forming.

1|0
    0|0
  • Some brands do. Depends on the formula and how your skin reacts to the ingredients in it. It can be very hit or miss. Also depends on how you apply (if you use brushes it can get dirty and transfer bacteria to your skin) and how good you remove it.

1|0
    0|0
  • Different for everyone but for me personally I feel like yeah, probably my makeup has aided in giving me acne at some point here - for the most part tho I feel like makeup or not my skin stays relatively at the same state

1|0
    0|0
  • I have sensitive skin so sometimes it does. I used to wear makeup almost everyday but now I wear it maybe once every 2 weeks and my skin won’t break out from it. I also switched to a more high end foundation (urban decay) and I love it!

1|0
    0|0
  • Well considering that I don’t wear it that much (only once every few months or if I want to enhance my beauty on a special or regular day), it doesn’t break me out

1|0
    0|0
  • I wear very little Here, dear, but Once in Awhile, When I put the Whole thing On... Never a Problem. And I use good stuff.
    Girls should use Something on the Market that is Good for their Skin. xx

0|0
    0|0
    • Creamy Oil of Olay Cleanser, Never soap. Good for washing your face.
      Gentle too. xx

• Makeup is never a cause of breakouts. Not cleaning your skin properly, using old makeup products that have germs in it etc cause breakouts.

2|0
    0|0
  • It can if you make an allergic reaction or don't properly remove your makeup. Besides that makeup shouldn't cause you breakouts

1|0
    0|0
  • A lot of them do. I always buy oil free ones. The only ones that i dont are eye shadow

1|0
    0|0
  • It usually does, yes. But I'm not sure if it's just cheap makeup or all makeup. Most things break out my skin though.

1|0
    0|0
  • It depends on what I use. For me I find a lot of covergirl and maybelline shit makes me break out like crazy. I reccomend going to ulta and having an employee test your skin and help you find products thatll work best for you. Sephora does that too.

0|0
    0|0
  • if you use an oil free one, you won't break out in acne

1|0
    0|0
  • It doesn't but my skin isn't that sensitive to products

1|0
    0|0
  • apparently it won't break you out if there's no silicone in the ingredients of the product

1|0
    0|0
  • Only if it's like... expired.

1|0
    0|0
  • It does sometimes for me

1|0
    0|0
  • Only if I sleep with it on

0|0
    0|0
  • Depending on the type of makeup really