Why do we say tha everybody is beautiful?

some people clearly are not.

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• To avoid those people from having depressions and killing themselves later on.

0|1
    0|1
    • maybe they should learn better coping tools.

• I agree...
      This is the 'ugly' truth :/

Most Helpful Guy

• I think we all know that some aren’t, but believe it or not lying isn’t really a bad thing. It could be the difference between life and death for many people in many instances. I never knew the whole fiasco about “the truth will set you free.” It actually won’t and can, a lot of the times be very detrimental and bad. Don’t conflate “truth” with “good” is what I’m saying. Saying “everybody is beautiful” is a collective effort to making sure every human being is feeling good and flourishing. Humans do share the majority of their DNA with each other, making us all related in a sense 🙂. Why not uplift everyone if you can? We’re all going to die anyways

1|0
    0|0
    • Very well said! :)

• people have struggles. and nobody really needs sex. it's PC nonsense, and why there is this backlash against liberal values.

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 11

• Everyone has the potential to be beautiful to someone. There can be no denying of what is perceived as 'universally beautiful' but I get bored of this standard, it is the little things which maybe perceived as flaws about someone you are attracted to and makes them stand out. I perceive beauty as being unique and just being perfectly imperfect in your own skin

0|1
    0|0
  • We say that everybody is beautiful because
    1. It is better to spread positivity than negativity, regardless of what we actually believe.
    2. Everyone perceives beauty differently and someone who is not attractive to you may be attractive to them.
    3. Personality can often make someone appear more attractive. I know that if someone is really sweet and kind, they look more attractive to me, but if they're rude and disrespectful, I don't really care how good they look, they become ugly.

0|0
    0|0
  • I think everyone is beautiful to someone it's kinda like how sometimes when you first meet someone and they aren't really attractive but then after knowing them there looks and personality become attractive to you

0|0
    0|0
  • But people who bring down others to make themselves feel better aren't Beautiful either.

1|1
    0|0
  • Beauty doesn’t alway refer to looks. A caring person could be considered beautiful.

0|0
    0|0
  • I agree. Looks actually matter usually but most people are beautiful.

0|0
    0|0
  • Beauty is percieved differently by everyone.

0|1
    0|0
  • Beauty is such a personal estimation though.

0|0
    0|0
  • Agree

0|0
    0|0
  • Beauty is in the eye of the beholder so it's very subjective, it can also be based on their heart and personality, not just looks.

0|0
    0|0
  • I agree not everyone is. People who cheat, kill, betray others, lie are not beautiful

0|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 12

• I believe that every woman is beautiful to someone; I'd never say that every woman is beautiful to me.
    That being said, I'd never put down a woman based off looks. Just because she may be unattractive to me doesn't mean I have to call her names or insult her. If she's not pretty to me, I keep my opinion to myself.

0|1
    0|0
    • or the intelligent guy, as your proclaim, who projects his own views as reality, right?

• Your garbled response makes little sense so excuse me if my response is off the mark...
      Anyone who "projects their own views as reality" is not intelligent. I also never proclaimed this point. You pulled it out of your ass.

• no, it's reality. but apparently, according to you, i'm not allowed to make opinions. I think as a smart man, you should accept some kind of backlash there, bro...

• I see that saying as like everyone has a beautiful soul or ultimately means well. Some people are irrationally optimistic at times though.

1|1
    0|0
  • Beauty lies in the eyes of the beholder. Beauty is self defined. Just cause most people agree on something's, doesn't make it the only right answer.

0|1
    0|0
    • i don't believe that.

• Show All
    • That's why I said in the beginning that belief is personal. Your beliefs are your own. You can continue believing it. I'm not trying to change Ur belief system. Just telling u that there r people who believe something else than what u believe.

• ok, so you're forty and don't get others have beliefs. lol. ok. so all people your age accept your "changing of their belief system" haha.

• Yeah some like small, some high once, some skinny other full once, some like black, other yellows other white. Different hair color or style. What you find ugly other might find beautiful

1|0
    0|0
  • its just like when you say, " Money can't buy you happiness" but it sure then get you 3 crack whores for a whole night,
    its a condolence to the Ugly people like me.. in this comical world

0|0
    0|0
  • That's because beauty is in the eyes of the beholder. And even tho for a lot of us it's only skin deep. But Many more beauty isn't skin deep.

Not to mention it's also a nice thing to say.

0|0
    0|0
  • True also instead of parents telling their awful children how special they are. Perhaps rephrasing they are special to them.

0|0
    0|0
  • In a bad attempt to make people feel better about themselves.

0|1
    0|1
  • Because if someone can be Physical ugly but have a beautiful heart...

0|0
    0|0
  • Look deeper and be more philosophical.

0|1
    0|0
  • Everyone attractive to someone.

0|1
    0|0
  • That saying is for dumb people.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes