If you’re not happy with how your hair turns out at the hair dresser how do you handle it?

I got my hair done on Friday and the colour turned out uneven. If it’s straight, it’s quite noticeable but as it was 5pm she didn’t have time to fix it so I have to curl it or do a fancy updo to hide it 😂

Has this ever happened to you? How did you handle it? Did they offer you a discount, or to fix it at a later date? Have you ever had to argue that it wasn’t right?
Updates:
Just to clarify, she’s fixing it for free we just didn’t have time on Friday. It was offered straight away when I pointed it out so there are no hard feelings, it happens 😊

0|1

Most Helpful Guy

• I feel your pain little darling!

This is a issue I'm passionate about as for majority of my life I've received atrocious haircuts and was getting massacred by my barbers, its only in the last 3-4 years I've started getting some complimentary cuts.

Its remarkable how many unskilled hairdressers are out there are they cannot follow simple instructions, they haven't a clue what they're doing!

Id suggest stop going to a particular venue if you unsatisfied with their service and use the net to research reputable high-end establishments.

Rant over now to answer your question..

I'm typically too passive to speak up so I say its fine, I leave and usually don't come back.

I intermittently visit a place called "detail for men" they have a sister shop for women, its pricey but you get what you pay for, its reputable and they offer a quality assurance and will redo cuts you're unsatisfied with.

www.detailwoman.com/services/full-menu/hair/

2|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• Hahahahaha! Yea no! I've had a woman screw my hair up with color and other shit a handful of times. I bitched and she couldnt seem to care less about it.
    The final time she did anything to my hair she actually burnt like a 3 inch line across my forehead. When I said something about it I was told it was my fault! Are you f*cking kidding me? It was my fault becuase I washed my face before going in so she wanted to act like the reaction was becuase my skin was dried out so further irritated, no not a freaking chance.
    I wish that was the only thing she messed up. I can't blame her totally seeing as I did go back a few times, thinking she might get it right this time.
    She put blonde highlights in my hair, I have red under tones and it was more like all over color so for a while there my hair looked orange. That was a blast. Never had that issue before her.
    I asked for a few purple peekaboo highlights. The entire bottom layer of my hair was purple for weeks.
    Then the burning.
    Ohhhh and one time I had her wax my eyebrows, she actually rubbed the skin off trying to get any wax left.
    Nope shame on me for continuing to let her do stuff for me but never again after it being my fault she burned me with a treatment.
    She NEVER tried to fix anything or hell, even apologize for messing up.

1|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 12

• Last time it happened to wifey, they fixed it immediately. Her usual stylist was booked up and so it was a new hire who messed it up a little. I would expect the prices they charge for women's styling (£100-200 here) that any issue is resolved to the customers complete satisfaction no matter how pedantic.

I guess boys don't really have the same issue :P It's hard to fix a bad cut without letting it grow out first.

1|0
    0|0
    • There is only a week or two between a good and a bad mans hair cut

• If it's only the color it's no drama... at least contact the hairdresser and explain what it looks like. Maybe it was an accident and he'll redo it without additional cost.
    Worse would have been if your new hairstyle was wrong. Especially if you've gone from long to short that's hard to repair :-(

1|0
    0|0
    • She’s happy to redo my colour, I just haven’t had a chance to go back 😊

• That's good news. I guess that in the meantime you'll have it behind you :D

• Pics or it didn't hsppen. J/K

If I got a bad haircut, I wouldn't tip and just not go there again. More of a pain if you're a woman since haircut & coloring can easily go over $100.

1|1
    0|0
    • 😛 its not that bad, she just didn’t blend a few colours together very well lol the cut is fine.
      I think that’s the most annoying thing, you pay $250 and can’t walk out with what you want.
      You seriously rip hairdressers?

• Show All
    • I understand. Cool. What provides incentive for service people to do a better job if they aren't tipped, btw? Merely keeping your job typically isn't good enough here.

• Same as the incentive I have to do well at my job? Lol if you don’t you’ll be let go, service has standards and if they aren’t met then they don’t keep their job for long. Some people here tip but it’s more that they don’t want to take their change (our smallest note is $5) so just leave it in a tip jar that gets distributed amongst staff.
      The average wage for waitstaff is $16.50 an hour, any tips on that is a bonus but not an expectation

• aha this happened to me once. My hair turned out to be like the style of Mao (the chairman), both of me and the hairdresser laughed... But it was ok for me bcz anyway i am a man and no one pays attention to an ugly man. But i guess it would be a big issue to a girl.

1|0
    0|0
  • So its now Sunday. Has she fixed it yet. Did she do it for free have u been to her before... i shave my head now but back when I used to get my haircut it would usually take a week until I was happy the way it was cut LOL

0|0
    0|0
    • Ah no lol. I’ve been travelling all week so haven’t had a chance to go back even though she’s called me twice.
      I’ve never spent this much time on my hair before 😂

Lucky thing about guys, it’s only a week or two between a good cut and a bad one 😉

• Show All
    • It’s the colour that’s bad, the cut is fine. And really, it’s not that bad - no one has said anything anyway and my colleagues are pretty blunt 😛
      Thanks tho

• Well thats good then and I'm sure somewhere down the road your hairdresser will fix it that's how they make their money so and keep your repeat customers

• The place i go cut my hair at cuts for free if you're not satisfied with the cut, it expires after a week tho.

1|0
    0|0
  • I would personally shave it off as I'd definitely have to take my razor and get a clean shaven hair cut

1|0
    0|0
  • Well, first don't panic and for a while wear a hat or something I thing it's the best until the hair comes again as you like

1|0
    0|0
  • Shave my head first, and wait for 6 weeks for new style

1|1
    0|0
  • I know that it will never turn out the way I like, so I am good with what they give me 😂😂😂😂

1|0
    0|0
  • Just wait until your hair grows back, and then try it again...

0|0
    0|0
  • I don't pay till they fix it

1|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 13

• It happened in a sense that it was too fluorescent looking - I told the hairdresser and she put some toning dye on. It was better after that.

Just say something if you're not satisfied. You should've told her then and arranged an appointment soon to fix it for free...

0|0
    0|0
    • Fluorescent? 😛😛😛

• Show All
    • @archiz It was the exact same color when I was done with it. =)

• Ahhh awesome!
      I can never pull that off🤣

• go back and have them redo it. free of charge.

1|0
    0|0
  • If this happened to me I will break into the hairdressers house , i will tie her up and dye her hair bright pink.😂lol just kidding. I gone through the same thing, and yep its upsetting. And yes she has to fix it for free the hairdresser job is to make your hair look good and the color even and if she messed it up then she need to fix it. Good luck!

0|0
    0|0
  • If it's something that she's obviously done wrong, like uneven colour or something way off what you wanted, she should fix it at a discount or even for free.

1|0
    0|0
  • On more than 1 occasion which is why I don’t go to hairdressers anymore. I have natural hair and some would say my hair is too thick and complain the whole time and basically frying my hair to get it straight. There was another that would have my hair looking so dry and I’d have to go home and restraighten it to my liking. She also colored my hair while I was in high school, I asked for blonde and got brown. Went to Great clips once and that experience made me want to walk out in the middle of her doing my hair. Now I just wear my hair natural and color my own hair

1|0
    0|0
  • Yes, it's happened to me. I complained, and they offered to fix it at no charge, which was fine with me.

1|0
    0|0
  • I only go to the salon to get my hair straightened and that might be once or twice a year. I don't have the horror story hair problems some other people have experienced but I do remember the stylist cut my hair shorter than I wanted her to and she gave me bangs when I didn't ask for it. I have curly hair, so her giving me bangs meant my hair looked stupid curly and I had to style my hair a certain way to hide them. With that being said the cut was probably necessary because my hair wasn't as healthy as it is now. Now when I go to the salon I emphasize I want a slight trim of my ends and for them to just straighten it and nothing else. It's always come out nicely since then.

1|0
    0|0
  • It happened before, i didn't tried to hide it or care about it that much, i just fixed it later, i take life so easy :/

1|0
    0|0
  • I cry. Lol nah I just try to make it work.

1|0
    0|0
  • Just negotiate with them, i guess

0|0
    0|0
  • I m happy with my hair

0|0
    0|0
  • I go to another one

0|0
    0|0
  • Call up and demand it be corrected, free of charge. They will usually do it if the error is visibly obvious.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes