How do you tame long, thick hair?

I used to have long hair and then I cut it into a short bob last year. I have a medium haircut right now and it fits me, but I'm bored with it and I really want to grow my hair longer--going past my chest.

But the problem with really long hair is that it can get messy and give headaches lol. My hair is so naturally thick and can go all over the place. I just didn't really know how to tame it in the past and it didn't really fit me then. But I really want to try more styles with my hair and I want luscious locks!

26

Most Helpful Guy

Most Helpful Girl

• Find the right products for your hair. The right shampoo and conditioner can do MIRACLES. I kid you not, it really works. Just find things that work for you. It is trial and error or you can go to a salon and ask them for reccomendations. Once I switched over to salon quality products, my hair has been changed.

Also you can also consider getting yourself a Brazillian Blowout. I got one start of this year and it lasted a good 3-4 months.

• Thanks! Ooh, those Brazilian blowouts look so good and smooth.

• It's amazing and so worth it! Highly recommend. It's not so expensive anymore too as it has become more common and commercialized. Look out for salon specials too ;) That is how I got mine. Got it on a half price off.

• Cool!