What do you think about afros on women?

There's been more and more black women rocking their natural curls instead of getting a weave or a perm. What do you guys think of this style? Do you find it attractive at all?

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• Some women and men suits afros, but other don't. It's really depending on the person, their personality and their appearance in general speaking. Most Sub-Saharan African looking people suits having nappy/curly hair and an afro. But some of them also suits straight and wavy hair very well too. When it comes to dating I've more preference for straight or wavy hair. It's probably because it's what I'm used to see.

0|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• I love it

One of my sisters (I have 3 sisters total) has a much springier curl pattern than the rest of our family. She got into the habit of chemically relaxing her hair when she was a teenager and irreparably damaged it. With the kinds of reactions to kinky hair you here in the US, go figure.

I helped her shave her head back in 2012 😄 she grew sick of the lifeless straight locks so she handed me my dad’s shears and told me to get to work ahaha. She’s been natural for almost 5 years now and her hair looks the coolest out of all of us. It also frames her heart shaped face beautifully. She’s never had a hard time attracting anyone, a beautiful woman is a beautiful woman after all.

2|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 11

• Not in the slightest, no.

One of the worst haircuts (for either gender) EVER.

0|0
    6|0
  • Don't usually like it but I've seem some women look really nice with it. so it all depends on the guy and the woman who wears it honestly.

0|0
    0|0
  • Generally speaking, I think its aesthetically pleasing.

2|0
    0|0
  • Crazy and funky! I like things that are abnormal and stands out

1|0
    0|0
  • I like the short fro on women.

2|0
    0|0
  • Love sisters with afros

1|0
    1|0
  • I am loving it!

2|0
    0|0
  • Yes.

2|0
    0|0
  • I like it

2|0
    0|0
  • I don't like it

0|0
    0|0
  • Nappy af.

0|0
    1|0

What Girls Said 6

• I love it but it's sad that society suppressed the curls for so long

3|0
    0|0
    • It's incredibly unfortunate that women had to hide their natural hair but I'm so happy that people are embracing it now!!!

• It doesn't matter if someone finds it attractive or not. Going natural is better for your head all together than getting a perm in the long run. Constantly perming your hair can lead to some pretty bad effects over time like balding, and chemical damage to the scalp. Plus, afro's are fun and can be turned into unique styles. If you do go natural make sure you moisturize and protective style though.

0|0
    0|0
  • Love it, love people with their natural hair, pretty

2|0
    0|0
  • I think it looks lovely.

1|0
    0|0
  • I love natural hair

1|0
    0|0
  • looks very nice