Do you think Victoria’s secrets stores hire by looks?

So I went to an interview the other day and they sent me an email saying I wasn’t hired basically I find it weird I’m charming and good looking also skinny and I care for fashion etc I do wear makeup too wish I don't know I felt little insecure that too I don’t think I had a nice makeup day I was really tired on my eyes were very red I was working since really early I have experience on retail too but I have a thick accent because I’m from somewhere else (hispanic) and honestly I seen ugly girls working on Victoria’s Secret before so I wonder what went wrong the other ladies from the interview were good looking too but yeah I don't know I’m confused not trying to be paranoid but I felt a little discriminated but I don't know maybe it’s just me but I felt they were looking for a more “Americanized” Blond girl? The person hiring was a girl by the way

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• the problem with those type of jobs is that there is a LOT of people applying for them. It's not easy to get all the time. It obviously isn't about looks, since u stated that ur attractive and you've seen "unattractive" girls working there. I wouldn't worry about it. I'm positive it wasn't anything against you. They probably had around 120 people apply for the job in the first place. This time of year, those type of jobs are high in demand for the holidays.

0|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• I am not sure. Did you have previous work experience?

0|0
    0|0
    • Yup I had retail experience

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 4

• So you are attractive but weren't hired?

You have seen unattractive girls work there?

Pretty safe to say it isn't about looks.

0|0
    0|0
  • It's pretty normal, move on. Next opportunity is waiting for you.

All the best!!

0|0
    0|0
  • Ofc, lol

0|0
    0|0
  • Yeah

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 3

• Many people apply to retail jobs, but there are only so many positions.
    Most stores right now are looking for seasonal help.
    You'll find something else.

0|0
    0|0
  • I feel it all stems from your insecurities. You said so yourself, you had a bad makeup day.

0|0
    0|0
  • They don't just on looks

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes