What is your personal makeup tip?

Sometimes not that the internet taught you but rather your own suggestion.

I suggest brushing the brow hairs after foundation and setting powder to remove any excess product out before you fill them in. I don't know why no MUA does that but then some cast of powder shows on the brows in their pictures and I kind of get annoyed.
Updates:
Guys don't answer if you have nothing good to say. I mean personal unique makeup tips that you use for yourself. Makeup and skincare isn't the same. Common things that everyone does isn't a makeup tip.

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• I guess most of mine are for achieving a more natural look.

For the eyebrows, leaving the inner front part untouched when you fill them in automatically makes them look less harsh even if you go heavy-handed on the rest, so never line their undersides if you want a more natural look. That's the area that's often naturally most sparse, and the product you put on there will be most obvious since there isn't much hair to camouflage it. Just brushing through the entire eyebrow a few times after filling it in is enough to faintly spread just a little bit of the product on there too.

Another tip for the eyebrows is to try using liquid products instead of pencils, powder, or pomades and such. This will take some practice, but it's really great for defining and shaping the brows because it makes it so easy to draw individual hairs and mimic real eyebrows. I personally use one intended specifically for eyebrows, but I don't think such products are widespread in Western makeup yet, so what you can do is actually use a sheerer liquid eyeliner instead. You could maybe try diluting a regular one too if you can't find one that's sheer, though I'm not sure how that would affect its longevity. Anyway, the key is to pick a color closest to your hair and to follow the direction of your eyebrow growth and use a very light hand when drawing the strands. This will create an effect almost that of an eyebrow embroidery, though doing the whole brow isn't necessary here - I literally only draw 2-4 strands on each eyebrow depending on whether I want to lengthen the ends or not.

For those who use powder or mineral makeup but sometimes find them to be too drying or powdery-looking and don't have a setting spray or facial mist, you can take a teeny-tiny bit of moisturizer, spread it evenly on your palms, and very gently pat it all over your face. Sounds totally weird and out of order, I know, but it really does work to make your makeup become more one with your skin. Just don't overdo it and make sure your moisturizer is light and non-greasy.

For avoiding heavy makeup and caking when you want to wear a full face on, use 2-3 shades of foundation simultaneously instead of using one color all over and then piling on powder, contour, and highlight one after the other. Just use the lightest for the highlight areas, darkest for the contour, and the middle for in-between; you can replace these with concealers too if you want higher coverage on certain areas.

1|0
    0|0
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 9

What Girls Said 19

• The usual brush your brows, cut the longer hairs and pluck the ones you dont need but... if you have naturally full brows and are missing just a little bit somewhere for them to be perfect, fill them in with a light brown eyeshadow (doesnt matter if your brows are light ir dark, lightbrown will work for most people). I find it unattractive if you fill them in with a brow pen cuz it looks unnatural, and why would you do that if its just a little bit that you wanna fill in

1|0
    0|0
    • My brows are intact. I don't remove any brow hair.

• I'm thinking of lettig my brows grow out but they are tooo thick and i can't do it. so i settled for the closest shape i can get without plucking them too much...
      p. s LUCKY YOU... do you ever fill them in or all natural?

• I do fill in when I wear makeup. I do nothing to them so I do have stray hairs and sparse areas and all those stuff so I try bringing them to a shape just with makeup.

• When you shower, always make sure to comb your brows. Let them dry, that way they are in perfect shape for filling them in. For lashes, more is better! I don't spend time on falsies, I use a cheap drug store mascara and apply one coat, dry, two coat, dry, and then I use tweezers on my lashes to break apart the slight clumps. One more cost and you're done!

1|0
    0|0
  • Use your pinky finger as a brace when using liquid eyeliner to get a straight line. Those dumb spoon or tape tutorials are a waste of time and materials.

2|1
    1|0
  • Follow your cheekbones when applying blush.
    When using concealer, apply down the bridge of your nose and above your eyebrows.
    Don't go overboard trying to get "perfect" eyebrows. And keep the color natural.
    Never apply makeup without looking in the mirror. Not even lip gloss.
    Keep to your preferred product of mascara. It's hard to find the one perfect for you.

1|0
    0|0
  • Use an old mascara spoolie to brush through your lashes to separate them even more after you applied mascara.
    I cleaned an old Million lashes by L'Oréal to do this and it makes them look very natural and seperated.

1|0
    0|0
  • I find that adding setting powder to the eyelid before eyeshadow adds more pigment so you don’t have to use as much eyeshadow to get the shade you want

1|0
    0|0
  • The eyebrow gel tint they sell in a mascara like tube is great to put on your eyelashes if you want a really natural look and it doesn't clump your eyelashes together. I use the Maybelline Eye Studio Brow Drama™ Sculpting Brow Mascara

1|0
    0|0
  • I don't think I'm good at makeup to give others tips lol.. but I do wear eyeliner and lip gloss quite often.. for that I have this tip that if you only have one eye liner.. ( I have only two) and black gets boring for you.. but you don't wanna wear full eye makeup.. then just make a line of any color you like on the eye lid and then add your only eyeliner.. it'll look like you're wearing something different and it can match all your clothes too...

1|0
    0|0
  • I suggest sitting down at the kitchen table while adding your lashes.

Step 1; Use a hand mirror and lay it flat on the table. Step 2; Position the mirror comfortably below your chin and gaze down at the mirror. Step 3; Apply the lashes with tweezer, lash curler, bobby pin, your fingers.. However you do it! Lol

The point is, you get a much better view looking over the mirror versus standing and facing the mirror, while applying lashes.

1|1
    0|0
  • Less is more, in my opinion. When I go out, I usually just wear lipstick and a little eyeliner (my lashes are really long, so I don't need mascara), and I get compliments all the time.

1|1
    0|0
  • I don't like bold lipstick colours so after I apply lipstick I grab a bit of toilet paper and press it on my lips a few times depending on the result I want. I get the same colour but softer and the product doesn't smudge.

1|0
    0|0
  • If I. can't find the color of lipstick I like I use a lip liner and line the lips real good and then fill in the lip with the lip liner and add a little gloss or lipstick for moisture.

1|0
    0|0
  • For me if I wear it I think less is more. I wear mascara, lip gloss or whatever and a powder. If i haven't had my brows done I'll add some colour to them.

1|0
    0|0
    • I don't have tips lol I suck at makeup hence why I wear so little. I can't even do eyeliner also my eyelids are different.

• Ummm... Don't wear it?

I'm too lazy to wear makeup 🙈

1|1
    0|0
  • I wet my makeup sponge a little bit before I set my under eye powder so it doesn’t look cakey and dry.

1|0
    0|0
  • Do what works for you and understand your features. When I first started makeup, I would try to follow tutorials that never worked for me. However, as I continued to practiced, I realized that the reason why those makeup looks never worked for me was because we had total difference eye shapes, face shapes, brow shapes, etc. Once I began to experiment with makeup based off of my own face and features, everything fell in place. After understanding my features, I could follow makeup tutorials and tweak a step or a tip to adapt to myself.

1|0
    0|0
  • Learning how to blend. Using color corrector.

1|0
    0|0
  • Less is more

0|0
    0|0
  • Always wash your face before bedtime

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes