Tired of being a black girl?

I get sick of being beaten down by females and sometimes males like a punching bag. I dress nice, but have annoying acne scars and a burn mark on my face and I am tired of any girl staring at me. I am not considered pretty compared to the standards of life. I get sick of straightening my hair and feeling ugly with curly hair. I get sick of hearing all men/guys say curly hair is masculine, ugly, dirty, and lazy. I get sick of girls especially white teen girls and other races that have long hair even looking at me, I don't have confidence, leave me alone so I can look for some makeup to cover the burn mark and scars on my face. I burnt myself badly and it only went away on one side. This is who I am, damaged. I get sick of men/guys saying black women or girls look like men. I get sick of all these fake vain girls judging me on my appearance. I noticed that girls judge on appearence more than guys do and will make fun of someone for how they look. Why do people have to stare when I wear a curly afro and why do guys say curly afros are not normal. This is the devil trying to get me to focus on materalistic things. I noticed he will do that use these people to attack my self esteem so I can focus on stupid stuff rather than focusing on doing things for God.

77

Most Helpful Guy

• i understand how it's easy to feel that way. I used to look at all my worst characteristics and it brought me down a lot it was so easy to focus on the bad things and the more focused on them the more real they seem to me. then one day I read a book it was about how to make money actually and one of the key factors was confidence people that focused on good things and how to make more good things come about would make more money. so I stopped focusing on my strength I stopped focusing on my lack of a car and I went out and took the world on. there's days when I get down but don't let those only especially since you're a Christian you should understand that your worst mistakes don't own you anymore Jesus is blood has covered that up. focus on the good of the day and forget the worst of it before you put your head down on the pillow. you got this it's just a little bit of life.

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE

Most Helpful Girl

• That’s ridiculous. You shouldn’t hate your skin color. Anyone that says otherwise has their own issues. It’s only due to preference. Just be you and someone that appreciates it will notice you. I have my own issues, but being black isn’t one.

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE