Tired of being a black girl?

I get sick of being beaten down by females and sometimes males like a punching bag. I dress nice, but have annoying acne scars and a burn mark on my face and I am tired of any girl staring at me. I am not considered pretty compared to the standards of life. I get sick of straightening my hair and feeling ugly with curly hair. I get sick of hearing all men/guys say curly hair is masculine, ugly, dirty, and lazy. I get sick of girls especially white teen girls and other races that have long hair even looking at me, I don't have confidence, leave me alone so I can look for some makeup to cover the burn mark and scars on my face. I burnt myself badly and it only went away on one side. This is who I am, damaged. I get sick of men/guys saying black women or girls look like men. I get sick of all these fake vain girls judging me on my appearance. I noticed that girls judge on appearence more than guys do and will make fun of someone for how they look. Why do people have to stare when I wear a curly afro and why do guys say curly afros are not normal. This is the devil trying to get me to focus on materalistic things. I noticed he will do that use these people to attack my self esteem so I can focus on stupid stuff rather than focusing on doing things for God.

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• i understand how it's easy to feel that way. I used to look at all my worst characteristics and it brought me down a lot it was so easy to focus on the bad things and the more focused on them the more real they seem to me. then one day I read a book it was about how to make money actually and one of the key factors was confidence people that focused on good things and how to make more good things come about would make more money. so I stopped focusing on my strength I stopped focusing on my lack of a car and I went out and took the world on. there's days when I get down but don't let those only especially since you're a Christian you should understand that your worst mistakes don't own you anymore Jesus is blood has covered that up. focus on the good of the day and forget the worst of it before you put your head down on the pillow. you got this it's just a little bit of life.

1|0
    0|0
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE

Most Helpful Girl

• That’s ridiculous. You shouldn’t hate your skin color. Anyone that says otherwise has their own issues. It’s only due to preference. Just be you and someone that appreciates it will notice you. I have my own issues, but being black isn’t one.

3|1
    0|0
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 6

• I personally like girls with curls. Don't worry about what others think or feel if it's negative. Your opinion and the way you decide to live life is all that matters.

2|0
    0|0
  • Never compare yourself to anyone. Who gives a f**k what they think. You are unique in your own way and being unique is a very attractive quality to have. You should have more confidence in yourself

1|0
    0|0
  • Fora guy with a profile pic like that i am surprised you found the button to reply to your own message. Well done buddy. Know go and talk to your mum about manners.

1|0
    0|0
    • I've seen that guy on a separate app. All he does is bash black women and people who are over 120 lbs.

• a lot of guys think black girls are hot.. tbh not many dont lol

1|0
    0|0
  • Hi i am sorry to hear that and i understand how you feel, for i experience the same already times. As a Chinese guy i always got laughed by the girls (most of them) and guys in front of my eyes. When i came here at first i was so happy and thought everyone in Switzerland was nice... but it proved to be wrong. The white teenagers and people laugh at me and made the dirty jokes about Asain guys. This happened so many times here that i don't go out now any more. I believe there must be someone there for you, that understands you and take care of your damaged soul. Just wait. Those who laugh at you, they are the one who are really disgusting.

0|0
    0|0
  • Be white then

1|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 6

• As I see you're under 18, I guess you probably still haven't found your own style and confidence. It will come, don't worry. 😊 Right now, if you don't feel like straightening your hair, don't do it! 😊 Curly hair is beautiful and it feels so soft. And sure, you can try on some make-up, even just a bit of mascara can make you feel so much more confident sometimes.

1|0
    0|0
  • I'm sorry people are assholes I really am. Some people just have no class and are down right ugly to the core especially other females to each other which is just sad. Don't let their dumb bullshit reflect onto you

1|0
    0|0
  • Most normal black women don't have a problem getting guys. I'm black married to a white guy. A lot of white guys love us. Here is a pic of my wedding ring.

0|0
    0|0
    • I'm a white country boy. I think black women are beautiful. I never been with one and I really really want to

• Those people are considered irrelevant, ignore them and keep living for you. Black girls are beautiful and a lot of people think so. Don't feel bad ab yourself for anyone.

0|0
    0|0
  • Black girls are amazing. It's disgusting that people made you feel this way, you are perfect just the way you are, not everyone has to be white. You are amazing.

0|0
    0|0
  • You’ve gotta learn to love yourself. Fuck people. People are garbage. What’s more, no one wants to love someone who doesn’t love themselves. You’ll be alright!

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes