Dealing with unreasonable parents? Advice?

My parents keep saying stuff about how I dress.. That it’s too slutty or something. It’s really annoying. Especially since I know I don’t dress like that.. They tell me my chest is showing too much, my shoulders need to be covered, I’m growing up too fast, and etc. I’m a very good girl. I don’t do drugs, I’ve never had a boyfriend, I’ve never done drugs, I don’t drink, and I’ve never even been kissed.. I doubt that my shoulders will make someone interested in me. I’m not attractive so why would how I dress change that?
Do I dress like a slut? It really hurts to hear that I do.. PS! Ignore the dirty mirror and the clothes everywhere. I’m sorting through everything because I’m going on a trip. Dealing with unreasonable parents? Advice?Dealing with unreasonable parents? Advice?Dealing with unreasonable parents? Advice?Dealing with unreasonable parents? Advice?Dealing with unreasonable parents? Advice?

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• As with most parents they're just being protective, they don't want to see you getting hurt by getting involved in the world of dating. Honestly there's no easy way to deal with them but just try and pretend to listen to them, and have your fun in a way you know they won't mind too much

1|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• You do not dress like a slut at all. The vibe I get from those outfits is like cute and sophisticated at the same time. Also, You do have a curvy body and sometimes that's seen as more provocative in comparison to someone with less curves but that's a stupid stigma anyways🤷🏽‍♀️ your parents seem to just not want to see you grow up which is super common, there losing their baby in a way. and I hope you don't cut anymore💜 you seem super sweet & I hope life treats you well

1|0
    0|0
    • Thank you very much! You get best comment. 😊

• Awe!! Thank you☺️

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 16

• They are trying to protect you, that's all. It can feel or be overbearing. They don't want you to catch the attention of bad people. I would try to tough it out until you turn 18, and if you chose to move out then, you can wear whatever you want. It won't stop your parents from being worried and protective of you.

1|0
    0|0
    • Thanks

• You're welcome. Sometimes parents aren't great with the execution of their protective measures, but there is good intentions behind it. It took me awhile to realize my mom drove me up with wall only because she cared and didn't want to see me make stupid mistakes or get hurt. I didn't see it when I was younger.

• Show by example your peeps will see over time make the right decisions and do well in school actions speak louder than
    Words. Also who buys your cloths? Parents. If u do sorry it's your choice their worry n love u its a objectifing world out there

1|0
    0|0
    • They buy my clothes and they didn’t seem to have any issue when they did. Thanks for replying and I totally agree with you.

• Great have fun be safe and smart.

• You definitely don't dress eroticaly. They are just over doing it. You dress well and have good taste but not a slutty taste. Don't take it to seriously. They are trying to help but going about it wrong.

2|0
    0|0
  • Your dressing sense seems to be fine. I don't see anything wrong with that. Another thing it's very difficult, very hard to deal with unreasonable parents, you don't deal with them. Just wait till you are 18 or 20, then get a good secure job and then move out and don't go back to the same house again.

1|0
    0|0
  • You look perfectly normal. I don't understand why your parents do this. I think your parents are kinda annoying tbh

3|0
    0|0
    • I know right! Lol finally someone who gets it! 😂

• Show All
    • Haha yep. I mean I love them with all my heart but.. it’s like no matter what I do it’s wrong.. ya know?

• I know right! This is true! They behave strange sometimes lol.

• Ibecame sad when I saw your legs why did you harm them. you're really an angel and you have no similarity with a slut.

1|0
    0|0
    • Thanks and just some family issues, body image issues, etc. I grew up watching my sister do it. I guess I looked up to her and wanted to see why she used to self harm. That probably wasn’t the best idea cause.. well you know.

• Looks alright to me, I have seen some nasty stuff in my days of HS though, just chill out with the filters a bit :)

1|0
    0|0
    • Oh okay and I did that because I didn’t like the last dress in color. It showed my scars too much..

• Show All
    • Well, for what it's worth, it isn't worth it :|

• I know thanks for replying to my question.

• Your clothes are fine lol nothing slutty about them

2|0
    0|0
    • Thanks!! 😂 I’m so glad people agree with me!

• Show All
    • Lol I'm not too sure about corsets 😂

• Oh come on. They take me to a different time. Where art and music was intertwined.

• I can only see 1 of the pics for some reason, but it looks okay but i can see why your parents have a problem, though i wouldn't call it exactly slutty from the part i can see, it is a little tight with the skirt and i think shows some cleavage i guess, but that doesn't define u or make you a slut or anything, your perfectly fine💖

1|0
    0|0
  • no, your clothes are absolutely fine :)
    but if you don't mind me asking, what happened to your leg? are you okay?

1|0
    0|0
    • Thanks and yes I’m fine.. They are self harm scars...

• Glad you're okay. and i am sorry to see that something ended in self harm though. hope they heal well (:

• Thanks..

• I would allow my daughter to dress like this and she is 13

1|0
    0|0
    • Thank you! Finally someone who understands lol

• As long as you are wearing panties under skirts and appropriate bras you are fine

• You're perfect don't let anyone tell you different 👍♥️

1|0
    0|0
  • You don't dress like a slut. I don't know why your parents are saying that for.

1|0
    0|0
  • The attention seeking is high with this one

0|0
    2|0
    • Yes I am seeking attention. Not the “I want you to love me” kind of attention. The “I asked a question that needs to be answered politely” kind of attention. Thanks for your input. Have a great day! Happy Halloween! 🎃👽

• Show All
    • You call her an attention seeker while you give her more attention than anyone else in this comment section.

• @krg23krg I'm not the one praising her dickwad, you are.

• You cut yourself?

0|0
    2|0
    • Sometimes.. I forgot to crop that out sorry

• Show All
    • Thanks and remember what I said. Have a nice night/day depending on where you are. 💗

• You look hot can't be single

0|0
    2|1

What Girls Said 10

• How old are you 16? no not slutty at all.
    Looks fine to me.

1|0
    0|0
    • Yep I’m 16. And thanks!

• Your clothes look cute on you and there's nothing wrong with them. I'm not sure why they are hassling you.

1|0
    0|0
    • Thanks so much for your reply. I just think they are shocked at how old I look now. They don’t want me to grow up lol

• I don't see anything inappropriate about any of these outfits, looks like you have a cute style

1|0
    0|0
    • Thank you very much! 🙂

• Show All
    • I know but feel glad if that's the worst of your problems ;)

• It’s not

• What do your parents want you to dress like a nun, you look fine

1|0
    0|0
    • Haha my dad said he would prefer it. Lol 😂 Thanks!

• Your welcome honestly I don't know how to tell you to dress unless you would dress like your mom for a week cuz if she can you can too.

• It is more on the tighter/shorter side. Maybe find a middle ground that works for you and them

1|0
    0|0
  • I think you look perfectly fine. And I'm sorry about your leg.

0|0
    0|0
    • Thanks and it’s okay. I’m trying to get better.

• Show All
    • I know.. but life isn’t easy and we need to realize that ya know? Sometimes we need a little tough love. 😢

• Are you suffering from depresion, i see cuts on your leg.

0|0
    0|0
    • I self harm sometimes so I guess I am depressed.

• runaway from them to better environment

0|0
    1|0
  • Not slutty at all

1|0
    0|0
  • U dress fine.

1|0
    0|0
    • Thank you!

• Show All
    • Oh.. umm awhile ago I self harmed. It’s taking it a long time to heal.

• Oh ok. I hope it heals well.

Recommended myTakes