What's a very warm (not sexy lol) Halloween costume?

I'm going trick or treating with my younger cousin, so I'll be outside most of the time and it's freezing out! I'm looking for something fun but really really warm!

66

Most Helpful Guy

Most Helpful Girl

• Stick with something you can layer up on, with pants and a sweater preferably. It's quite cold where I am too, and this time of year the temperatures get down to single digits. Dressing warmer for Halloween is always a must lol.
    Some ideas are:
    - Any fluffy anima. Exaple a cat: paired with a winter toque with ears (can find them everywhere!) and some black mittens, black sweater (can add a felt stomach if you want to) black pants, shoes and a cat tail. Do some face makeup, add a few boas for an accessory (also extra warmth)

2) Grab a onsie and be a minion, a bat, whatever you're in the mood for. Onsies are very warm, and you can layer clothing under it if you need to.

3) A pumpkin.
    Buy a pumpkin costume (or M&M) at the store, and layer on clothing underneath. The best thing about these type of costumes is it's like walking around in a blanket.

4) Depending on what your cousin is going out as, pair something to go along with it. Say if your cousin is being a pirate, you could be a form of captain Hook (from the disney movies) which would also entitle layered clothing, a jacket, buttons, eyepatch, hat / bandana, etc.

5) be a mime! Gloves, a striped sweater, black paints, red suspenders gloves, and a paper speech bubble on a popsickle stick saying "Trick Or Treat!" If it's very cold, you can also add extra long sleeve tops under your sweater, and wear denim or fitted cotton track pants for extra warmth.

Try to think of something ideal for the weather, and work with it the best you can. Thats what we do here in, even kids will wear coats and toques Halloween night but the true spirit isn't in the costume, it's what you make of the evening. :)