What is it like to stand/walk in painful high heels for a long time?

Most of my (female) friends who wear heels complain that their feet hurt after walking in them for a while. What exactly is this pain like?

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• For me it has always felt like someone was trying to forcibly bend my joints in the wrong direction, for an extended period of time. Take your fingers and bend them as far back as you can, until you feel that dull sort of ache. Now hold them there for a minute. That's pretty much my experience with high heels.

High heels are the worst thing that you could put on your feet. They throw everything out of line - feet, ankles, knees, hips, lower back. Not to mention putting unnecessary strain on your leg muscles.

3|1
    0|0
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE

Most Helpful Guy

• I wore cowboy boots for a week as a bet that i lost. Have you ever walked so much that it hurt? Sort of like that but, it's only in a certain area. My heels ended up getting blisters.

0|0
    0|0
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 27

• Want to find out? Go find a curb next to a street and stand with your heels on the curb and your toes on the street and stand there for a long time. That would be like wearing 6 inch heels. I love wearing heels but not to walk a long way in them. I wear sneakers until I get where we are going then put the heels on and switch back when we leave.

2|0
    0|0
  • If the heels fit properly they don't hurt. i wear a four inch or higher heel everyday and have not experienced what other women have. I have had shoes that didn't fit well, were too loose, too tight, too think a strap, too soft a sole etc., that hurt. I don't buy those kinds anymore and rarely have a problem.

0|0
    0|0
  • One time I borrowed my friend's stillettos for a night of dancing, and within about 2 hours, I was 100% convinced that my ankles were going to snap by the end of the night. I honestly thought I was going to break bones.

Luckily, the heels I own are all pretty comfortable. I still wouldn't walk in them all day, but for a couple hours they're fine.

0|0
    0|0
  • I fantasized high heels when i was little and i mastered walking in it at a young age, god damn im so proud. Its only when i reached adulthood and really REALLY walked in high heels that im like wtf is this painful shit. It looks good but when you intend to walk in the mall for hours hell naw. So nowadays when i know im going on a vacation or long road trips i always wear sports shoes

0|0
    0|0
  • I'm so tall already. I swear it becomes a health hazard... on top of that men look at me like i'm King Kong, whilst all the girls compliment me on how they wish "they were that tall." If only they knew.

0|0
    0|0
  • It feels like you walked three mountains within one hour. You don't want to walk cause your legs are tired and you might end up with blisters the first few times.

0|0
    0|0
  • It can literally cause not only your feet to hurt, but your legs too. Everything becomes strained after a while and can have lasting pain. It feels kind of like pulling a muscle almost.

1|0
    0|0
  • Have you ever scraped the back of your foot on the edge of something and it really hurt? Imagine that, except it's not bad at first but it gets worse and worse over time. And your whole foot is exhausted.

0|0
    0|0
  • It’s like walking on needles after a while. I can feel my feet bones bruising and it’s like a hammer is hitting my feet.

0|1
    0|0
  • Go out and buy some dress shoes 2 sizes too small and walk around on your tip toes all day then get back to me.

0|0
    0|0
  • Like standing on nails, standing on a Lego. A tingly sensation in your foot running up your leg.

1|0
    0|0
  • The only way to find out is trying a pair yourself ;D

1|0
    0|0
    • I see your point, but he might be sending the wrong message if he did that

• Haha, well he doesn't have to go out in public? :)

• Yes, I think this would be best. He could attract unwonted attention to himself and quite possibly scare children

• I used to wear earlier.. my feet were swollen... sprains... bruised fingers... back ache so I'm done

0|0
    0|0
  • They’re pretty horrendous after only a short while. Sure they look great but I wouldn’t want to wear them for more than a couple of hours.

0|0
    0|0
  • Put them on stand in for an hour then comeback and ask again.

0|0
    0|0
  • I love wearing heels. My feet like never hurt when I wear heels. So

0|0
    0|0
  • Let's just say that after a long day in heels I am glad to be rid of them.

0|0
    0|0
  • It's a pain in feet, ankles and legs. And for me it starts after an hour.

0|0
    0|0
  • Try it and see.

2|0
    0|0
  • Feels like tip toeing but with support

1|0
    0|0
  • My feet are used to heels

0|0
    0|0
  • It really is for me a of the walking hurts

0|0
    0|0
  • Very painful if you're not used to it

0|0
    0|0
  • It is annoying

0|0
    0|0
  • My boyfriend used to think they didn't hurt until I made him wear a pair to a costume party to find out for himself. Find a party and find out for yourself. Just remember to pack some flats or you WILL be walking home bare foot.

0|0
    0|0
  • Kinda like writing pages of work non-stop.

0|0
    0|0
  • Ot is awful. Even your back hurts

0|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 1

• Don't complain, if you know they'll hurt

Women don't see this logic

They choose fashion over logic

0|0
    0|0
    • We wear them because it's sexy! Guys see a beautiful women sitting in a chair with her legs crossed, where do your eyes go?

• Exactly. They choose fashion over comfort, that's my point

Recommended myTakes