Did you lose insecurities while growing up?

I've hated my nose since I was an early teen. Will I be able to live with it when I get older? I'm seventeen.

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• Don't worry about your nose... I still think I look like I have a bus parked on my face.

But people tell me it's all in my head and my nose is fine.

I just seemed to care less and less... then I somehow became quite confident, dunno where it came from.

1|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• Some insecurities I have lost, some I haven't.
    I have curly brown hair and hazel/brown eyes. When I was younger I hated it. I thought straight blonde hair and blue eyes is what was beautiful.
    Now my hair is hard to manage sometimes but my waves and curls are beautiful, I like my brown hair, and my eyes are my favorite part of my body.
    I used to hate my freckles/moles/beauty marks/birth marks. I used to think they were ugly and that's all anyone could see. Now I realize that everybody has marks and it's not a big deal.

I still have insecurities but I try not to let them bother me too much. I am beautiful the way I am and those who truly care about me, love me despite my imperfections.

I bet that the only person that notices your nose is you and even if someone has made comments about it, they are rude and you don't need them in you're life.

I'm sure you are beautiful the way you are! I hope that you feel better someday soon and you lose your insecurities!

1|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 10

• You start to understand your insecurities as you get older. Once that happens its easier to work them out of your life.

1|0
    0|0
  • I have lost most of my insecurities... I have some new ones though. Nothing unexpected though, and nothing I can't manage.

1|0
    0|0
  • Unless it is a long hook nose like a witch, I'm sure it's fine.

1|0
    0|0
  • Not really, but people insisted on it until it was engraved in my mind, so now it's still there.

1|0
    0|0
  • Lol im ugly af so what? idgaf xdxd

1|0
    0|0
  • Nope. Only got more.

1|0
    0|0
  • We all do.

1|0
    0|0
  • I think we all lose some and gain some.

1|0
    0|0
  • They grew

1|0
    0|0
  • Nope

1|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 18

• I lost mine. But i think it is different for everyone. I grew a lot as a person and learnt to love the mess that i am rather than be insecure about nit being as pretty and skinny and preppy as other girls.

Learn to love yourself... you are beautifull. Grow up to love your body and features

1|0
    0|0
  • I think if you do truly grow up and mature you're supposed to accept who you are and love yourself. When you mature and get to that point you realize that a nose is actually just irrelevant compared to anything else really. Like really, how relevant is the shape of a nose to your future? But I guess it'll be relevant if you make it relevant. It's like going into a relationship with insecurities, you're probably just not ready if that's what you're doing.
    But hopefully while time passes and you do get older you'll start to care more about who you are as a person and actually becoming better instead of worrying about the shape of a nose lol you know? Just keep in mind that you won't be happy if you base it on your physical self, because that way you will ALWAYS have insecurities if you can't just love yourself like you are. It just won't go away. Later on you'll feel ugly because you look or are getting old. You'll feel insecure about fat more common in adulthood appearing. You'll hate your wrinkles too. I'd just say learn to love yourself and make yourself better otherwise you just won't be happy because it will only get worse๐Ÿ˜•๐Ÿ˜• like realistically speaking

1|0
    0|0
  • I still hate my nose but it isn't something that I think about anymore all that much

1|0
    0|0
  • You dont necessarily lose them. We will always have some securities. Though with time either: A. You realize the insecurity was all in your head and its way better than you think (my face) or b. You start not to care because with age you realize appearances are superficial (my body not being as nice as I'd like it to be but I am still growing on accepting that).

1|0
    0|0
  • Totally unrelated but thankyou for spelling "lose" correctley. It drives me crazy when people spell "lose" as "loose" . I want to face palm daily over it.

1|0
    0|0
  • I have a flat nose and used to always be insecure about it but now on most days I couldn't give a flying fk about it

1|0
    0|0
  • I used to hate my nose, as a kid. I sort of feel like I grew into it, but occasionally it still bugs me. I guess most of the time you have grow past it.

Eventually you learn to love yourself

1|0
    0|0
  • Yes, we all do in fact. But my insecurity is my whole entirety and i'm still living with this insecurity even now and probably in the future as well.

1|0
    0|0
  • I still have my insecurities but I do speak my mind to people.

1|0
    0|0
  • Yeah I've had many insecurities, but i got over them and got new ones its just something you have to own

1|0
    0|0
  • Well I guess after a specific age we have more important problmes than appearance

1|0
    0|0
  • Depends, I've gained and lost some over the years.

1|0
    0|0
  • Yes 100% if you do the inner work required

1|0
    0|0
  • Just contour your nose. It's not a big. Deal

1|0
    0|0
  • Yes, I definitely did.

1|0
    0|0
  • Absolutely I'm a lot more outspoken

1|0
    0|0
  • I still have the same ones plus more :(

But saying that my friend always hated her nose and ears and now doesn't have much of a problem with either.

1|0
    0|0
  • Love yourself, seriously. No one is perfect. Model is perfect because of photoshop oh or maybe a plastic surgery. Look at Miley cyrus, she doesn't has the hot lips like Megan Fox, she's human. Look at Charlie Puth that has a scar on his eyebrow. And now, look at Kylie Jenner, were: thin lips, thin eyebrows and etc, and because she doesn't loves how she looks, she did much thing and makes her looks so fake.

Seriously, every human face is asymmetrical, unique. Be proud of it. There are still people out there that can't smell anything. So, be grateful. When you be grateful, you will start to love yourself.

Chill, you are still beautiful.

1|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes