What do you think about cosmetic surgery?

I have very mixed feelings about it but in the end I'd like to think that it's personal choice but you have to take responsibility of the harms it may cause.
I have also thought about to do it. I have big nose and I hate it. I just want to make it smaller >.<
  • I'm against it
    Vote A
  • I think it's okay
    Vote B
  • I don't know
    Vote C
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

0|1

Most Helpful Guy

• In general I usually am against it, especially if the reasoning isn't good. But some cosmetic makes sense like breast reduction for back pain so it depends

1|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• This is fine in some cases, in other cases it is only a destructive way to escape a problem that can be solved in another way.
    It is a wonderful treatment for deformities, being different can be rewarding and charming, but becoming a circus show can be destructive to the person's self esteem.
    These women who use cosmetic surgery just for the sake of never getting old is not something I'm getting into, aging is something particularly beautiful.

1|0
    0|0
    • I totally agree. Aging is natural part of human's life. I don't understand why some use cosmetic surgery to just look younger.

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 19

• I'm conflicted. On one hand, this is the 21st century, people can do what they want with their bodies. On the other hand I think there is far too much pressure to conform to photoshopped standards of body image, and I hate that.

1|0
    0|0
    • Same! That's why I am asking this question xD I also started to think those people who have some kind of accident and it has affected to their appreance. Like, should cosmetic surgery be done to only those who really needs it?

• Reconstructive surgery I agree with you 100%

• My feelings on cosmetic surgery are the same as my feelings on smoking weed. I won’t stop anyone from doing it and i don’t want to stop anyone from doing it (unless of course, it loses a health risk, but even then it’s mostly out of my hands). However, I don’t want to do it, and I probably wouldn’t date anyone who did.

For plastic surgery specifically; I have some religious reasonings as to why I won’t get it and why I won’t date anyone who does, but my beliefs aren’t laws that others need to follow, and I won’t stop anyone from making a choice that they want to make as long as it doesn’t put their own life in danger.

2|0
    0|0
  • Ask Mom if she thinks you really have to do it!! The power of being a mother is the greatest, So... take her advice first, and then consider your options... You don't have to do something just to make people feel good about it!! Hope it helps.

0|0
    0|0
    • I asked my mother :D She was confused and it seems like she doesn't care but I think she just thinks that I'm not serious xD

• Or she thinks you look beautiful!!! :)

• Most of the people said to me that cosm surgeries does harm rather than good... I think it's against the nature..

1|0
    0|0
    • Yeah it may cause some harm. I have read so many stories about those who get cosmetic surgery and their nose or some parts have fallen of cause of bacteria

• Show All
    • Well.. I guess nothing will happen? But it probably will hurt if it's after surgery XD

• It gives you a weird feeling that something will happen in future if you opt for surgery.

• I think it's alright. There are people out there who just wish to have changes in their body to boost their self esteem. The ones who are deluded and have them for a million times are different story but it's not justification to be against it.

1|0
    0|0
  • Don't do it. It's a huge waste of money. only surgery I would be ok with is if you have a beak nose and wanted a straight nose (straight bridge). Or if you are older than. 25 (passed dull body development) and you have no boobs like completely flat. And even then I wouldn't recommend bigger than C cup. Big boobs are over rated especially as you age.

0|0
    0|0
    • Well thank you. I won't do it anytime soon but I'm still thinking about it. Hearing other people opinions helps little bit

• Show All
    • I just want to make my nose smaller >.< I won't continue it

• Honestly I'd have to see a pic of your nose to give a good opinion. Sometimes girls will fixate on a feature they don't like and make it a bigger deal that it really is. Like Hilary Duff she got a nose job when she really didn't need one at all. And I was sad because I had a crush on her before but not after the surgery.

• It's a person's choice. But, I'm not a fan of the plastic look.

1|0
    0|0
    • Can I ask why?

• Why I don't like plastic? It's not natural. Now, I have seen some good results from plastic surgery. So, if I can't tell, I won't know and it's not an issue. But, if something is obvious, it's a turn off.

• I say it's not good because I'd rather females have more respect and pride in themselves to stay the way they are a female than can walk up to me and say "if you can't accept me for who I am in all that it means I don't need you" I see it as a massive insecurity when you didn't like what you used to be why should I like you now?

0|0
    0|0
  • My view: there is no need for enginered people. Beauty ideals usually are imprinted on us by manipulators - mainly the advertising industry.

1|0
    0|1
  • I have no intention of having any done. I don't object to others having it done but it should only be done out of their own pocket.

0|0
    0|0
  • Show more from Guys

What Girls Said 11

• Do it if it needs to be done, like you broke your nose and want it to be religned and shape like it use to be then that's fine. But if it's out a vanity then I don't see a point of it, but lets not kid our selves.. most people get plastic surgery out of vanity.

0|0
    0|0
  • I agree with what you said Ms Martsa.
    All except the big nose part. No one cares about that.
    Love yourself for who you are. Everyone else does:)

1|0
    0|0
  • I think it's fine in general but sometimes people go crazy and endanger themselves or just botch their faces which is so unfortunate.

1|0
    0|0
  • I don't have an opinion either way, I think if its right for you go ahead, its not my thing but we're all different.

1|0
    0|0
  • I wouldn't get it myself, but if someone wants to, I think they should have a right.

0|0
    0|0
  • Well I don't think it looks good but it's their choice.

0|0
    0|0
  • If it makes a person feel better and more confident... what's the harm?

0|0
    0|0
  • It's very much a personal choice. For myself I wouldn't get it done & I have the scars to prove it.

0|0
    0|0
  • It's your body and your money.

0|0
    0|1
  • It's okay, depends what it is and how safe and if it truly works.

0|0
    0|0
  • Show more from Girls

Recommended myTakes