Is being Pale unattractive?

Im not talking pasty Casper, more of a fairer undertones (think Morgana from Merlin). I tan very quickly, but it fades fast too, and I’ve gone back to being very fair. I’m debating getting a fake tan, but my friends say my fairer skin is more attractive. Opinions?

• Yes
  • No

916

Most Helpful Guy

• Nah, pale skin is great. My ex used to use the fake tanner that you rub into your skin and it would come off on towels, sheets, and clothes which was really annoying. Thankfully I eventually convinced her to embrace her pale skin, and you should embrace yours too. Your future self will thank you for not damaging your skin for a temporary tan.

• I would get the spray tan variety, to avoid skin damage.

• I was expecting much different results tbh

• Yep, you can thank the media for that.

Most Helpful Girl

• It’s not! Everyone might like different things and find certain things attractive while others may not. If you go to places like east Asia, paler skin is considered as their beauty standards, not tanner or darker colored skin. It’s also different because of culture, location, standards that are set high but our looked upon highly. Many people are pale, i can promise you that. And honestly, I don’t think anybody thinks bad of it or finds it unattractive! Don’t worry. Believe you’re friends— because they’re right. Both tanner skin and fair skin is attractive. Everyone has their different set of opinions. Get the fake tan if it pleases you and makes you happy but if you want to take my word for it, don’t, because you’re beautiful regardless.

• thanks for mho! also wanted to point out that although east asia low key glorifies pale or whiter skin tones, almost the rest of Asia does as well like India, Philippines, etc. it’s why a lot of celebrities are always white skinned unlike the majority of people that are tan or darker colored.