What is your opinion on makeup?

I don’t wear makeup ever and I just wanted to know if it’s a turn off or turn on.

• Turn on
    Vote A
  • Turn off
    Vote B
  • Doesn’t matter to me
    Vote C
  • Depends on the technics used
    Vote D
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

0|2

Most Helpful Guy

• A young carpenter will build a piece of furniture from wood. He will cut the wood, he will hammer in the nails, he will sand it.
    And when the young carpenter finished, he will give the piece of furniture two solid coats of paint. The two coats will cover up all the knots and grain in the wood, and the furniture will come out perfect.

An old carpenter will build a piece of furniture from wood. He will cut the wood, he will hammer in the nails, he will sand it.
    But when the old carpenter is finished, he will not paint the wood. Being wiser and in touch with the beauty of his craft, he will give the wood a coat of stain, or oil, or varnish. The clear coat will not cover up the knots or the wood grain, but instead will make these imperfections stand out and shine. The furniture will come out imperfect.

The old carpenter did not strive for perfection. He did not cover up the imperfections in the wood, but instead worked with them to give the wood CHARACTER. And in this way, no matter how many pieces of furniture he makes, no two will be the same, and he will thus be proud of every individual piece.

THIS is how makeup should be used. Special occasions aside, make-up used on a regular basis should not be face-paint. It should not be a mask, it should be used tastefully to make what you already have look good. If people notice when you aren't wearing makeup, then you were probably wearing too much to being with.
    And too much makeup screams high maintenance, which according to some studies is the #1 turn-off for most guys.

0|0
    0|0
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE

Most Helpful Girl

• Don't go all out and cake your face with make up, that would look horrible. But maybe a little make up here and there is fine. I usually keep my make up for special occasions because i found skin care to be better than make up. Girls look so beautiful without make up but they still cover it up. I take care of my skin a lot and people think I have make up on when I have lotion, vaseline, and lip balm on. Not to mention putting make up on every day can ruin your skin.

0|1
    0|0
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 23

• For me, it's never a turn-on but is sometimes a turn-off when there's too much. Makeup is supposed to enhance what's there, not cover it up. You're not supposed to be able to tell she's wearing any (natural-looking). And what I dislike most is eyeshadow.

0|0
    0|0
  • Little bit makeup with a nice lipstick and tidy hair and look is perfect.
    Too much makeup is not good. it only looks good on special occasions.
    If you take off ur makeup and look a completely different person then its a turn off.

a girl should look herself with make, not someone completely different.

0|0
    0|0
  • Personally, I love makeup. I like to see bright colors and little accents that show your character. However, I am a clown, and shouldn't be considered a "normal" representative of my gender.

0|0
    0|0
  • LOOOL only one guy said turn on. Hilarious. You women are so manipulated by marketing it's insane. Men are too, but not to the degree that women are. Not even close.

0|1
    0|0
  • I do not care for makeup and believe women usually look better without it. Many men share this sentiment.

1|0
    0|0
  • Too much makeup makes me think the girl's personality is fake like her face, sorry it sounded rude but i can't put it in another way.

0|0
    0|0
  • Doesn’t matter to me but makeup can be a turn on for me.

0|0
    0|0
  • The best way is when girls use makeup and we didn't see it

1|0
    0|0
  • I don't think you need to put make up
    You are naturally so pretty

0|0
    0|0
  • A little never hurts. A lot doesn't look good unless she really knows what she's doing

0|0
    0|0
  • I would prefer no make-up. But I've come to appreciate the skill and effort to put on make up.

0|0
    0|0
  • Less is more.
    I don't like girls wearing make up.

0|1
    0|0
  • I don't like it, I prefer natural beauty.

0|0
    0|0
  • Are you really 19

0|0
    0|0
  • Anything that, isn't spottable

0|0
    0|0
  • I don’t like when women wear it.

0|0
    0|0
  • False advertising

0|0
    0|0
  • just don't cake it on your face

0|0
    0|0
  • I think makeup is great.

0|0
    0|0
  • Wusses wear make-up.

0|0
    0|1
  • More from Guys

What Girls Said 14

• aw yeahhhhhsss! vote A! it's a turn on! the more make up you cake on your face, the better it gets! everyone gets horny when they see you on the corner of their eye, when they see you clearly they get orgasms bursting out their body like a broken fire hydrant while twitching like a crazy ragdoll on the floor.

just kidding i vote for D haha

0|0
    0|0
  • I like makeup, it's fun. Wear it if you want, or don't. It's your choice. Some men will like it (or at least feel neutral about it) and other men will say "it makes you look fake." So who cares? Just do what you want. :)

0|0
    0|0
  • It looks fun to apply, and maybe someday I will learn the skill, however, for full face makeup, I am not really a fan of because it enhances my beauty enough that when I take it off, I feel not as pretty.

I just like lipstick and gloss, eyeliner and occasionally eyeshadow.

But I really do like the glow look on olive skin tone, glossy lips (natural color).

0|0
    0|0
  • People need to take care of their bodies/skin. There would be no need for make up if everyone did this.
    I don't wear makeup and never have. I take care of my skin.

0|0
    0|0
    • This is the most idiotic thing I have ever read here.
      You're probably one of those who tell people with acne that they should just wash their face every day.

• Having makeup on for most girls makes them feel like a billion dollars. Although it is possible to use too much and make you look like a clown but its all about what girls feel on the inside.

0|0
    0|0
  • Reminds me when i was younger lol i did wear too much lol xx

0|0
    0|0
  • In moderation and when it’s done right, it can really brighten up a girls face. I definitely dislike too much makeup though.

0|0
    0|0
  • Not really a "turn on" but it looks awesome when pulled off accordingly to their facial features.

0|0
    0|0
  • it makes you look better if applied properly , that's kinda the point

0|0
    0|0
  • I don't like to wear it, I much prefer my bare face.

0|0
    0|0
  • You will always be cutter with make up

0|0
    0|1
  • I prefer natural face

0|0
    0|0
  • Makeup is life

0|0
    0|0
  • The hottest women are those who can rock it without caking & painting their faces with it.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes