Is it bad to wear too much makeup on your first date? How much makeup is enough to wear?

I'm going on a date soon and I want to look nicer but I don't want to go overboard

0|1

Most Helpful Guy

• Only stop applying make up when you look like a drag queen.

Seriously why do you need to factor in how much makeup to wear.
    Are you in witness protection program? Can you make yourself a new face?
    You dont need much of at all...

2|0
    1|0

Most Helpful Girl

• I hate to advertise falsely on a first date. I try to keep it to gloss and a bit of highlight so I know they think I'm beautiful as I truly am before I wow them with all of the extras. Why waste our time and effort on someone incompatible, right?

2|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 14

• I don't think you should worry! Put on how much you're comfortable with and if a guy has a problem with you being comfortable with how you present yourself there's obviously something wrong with that connection.

2|0
    0|0
  • However much you are comfortable with wearing. The guy should know who you are, not what you think he wants you to be.

3|0
    0|0
    • You're gonna become a great man one day, I love this reply!

• Show All
    • You have other things to focus on though. Education is more important at this age, don't take it for granted. Many kids don't have the ability to have one.

• Yes, I know that. I don’t even really focus on getting a girlfriend, but I still feel like garbage late at night because of it anyway

• i think it can send a wrong message or make a guy wonder what you really look like if you arrive caked in makeup.

1|0
    0|0
  • Trust your instincts. Most guys say they don't like girls to wear makeup, but the truth is that unless you slap it on with a trowel they don't know you're wearing it.

2|0
    0|0
  • It's just bad to wear makeup all the time, be yourself and be happy about it

1|0
    0|0
  • I think it's far more important how you make that person feel then the ammount of makeup

2|0
    0|0
  • Just wear a minimum. Understated rather than overstated.

1|0
    0|0
  • Just wear lightly makeup and trust what your instinct tells you.

0|0
    0|0
  • Why would you ever wear too much?

1|0
    0|0
    • it's depends on everyone honestly because some people think lipstick and 1 eyeshadow is too much.

• Depends on how good u are at makeup.

2|0
    0|0
  • It bad to wear to much makeup anytime.

1|1
    3|0
  • Minimum amount of makeup. Less is more.

1|0
    0|0
  • Don't wear any

1|0
    1|1
  • Whatever looks natural

1|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 20

• For a daytime date i'd keep it light. The atmosphere is more likely to lean towards laid back and chill.

For a nighttime date, usually dinner or a bar, i would say take it up to moderate with darker shading around your eyes to make them look brighter and more alluring.

2|0
    0|0
  • On a date I would wear these makeup:

- Fill in my brows
    - Mascara
    - Concealer
    - a lot of moisturiser for the dewy look
    - Creme highlighter (this gives a natural glow, opposed to the powdered ones)
    - Blusher
    - Lipstick of any shade (Dark/light/bright/natural. GO HAM ON IT!)

1|0
    0|0
    • If you've got acne prone skin, I'd advise you not to user too much moisturiser and stick to a semi matte look.

• Minimum amount. For a first date, you want to make an effort, but you want him/her to see mostly still just you. Then, if you wear more makeup on later dates, then they'll understand more of how much of an effort you put in usually.

1|0
    0|0
  • Put on makeup until you feel confident and beautiful and then stop. The makeup is for you, not him. If he thinks that the level of makeup that you like to wear is too much, then maybe thats an indicator that he's not the best option out there.

2|0
    0|0
  • Most guys prefer minimal makeup that enhances your natural beauty not to transform you into someone else. I think a bit of mascara, neat eyebrows, neutral eyeshadows/blush, little of lipbalm would be totally fine. Confidence is what you need most! Good luck

1|0
    0|0
  • In my opinion i think it's good to wear eyebrow product (depends how good your eyebrows are w out it), mascara and lipstick. I wear that on a daily basis, but it's perfect on a date. Not too much but you look like you can clean yourself up nicely.

1|0
    0|0
  • Wear whatever you feel happy and confident in. If the date doesn't like it, they aren't worth your time.

2|0
    0|0
  • Honestly girl just be yourself and do you, put on the make up that makes you feel comfortable and confident and happy.

3|0
    0|0
  • Me when i was younger lol xx

3|0
    0|0
  • Absolutely not. That shouldn't have an impact on your first date. At all.

1|0
    0|0
  • Honey wear as much makeup as you want. If he doesent like it, he's not the one for you.

3|0
    0|0
  • Hmm. I think just enough makeup to still look natural. But still enough to enhance your features.

1|0
    0|0
  • Enough to make you feel nice and not out of your comfort zone.

1|0
    0|0
  • For me it is bad. You're hiding your face.

1|1
    1|0
  • Wear whatever you want

2|0
    0|0
  • Too much is always too much.

1|0
    0|0
  • normal.

1|0
    0|0
  • i prefer no makeup

1|0
    0|0
  • Don’t wear a lot, I am a girl and I use makeup but I personally think a lot of makeup makes girls uglier

1|0
    1|0
  • Depends on ur skin. Light natural layer wouldn't hurt if u have pimples or discoloration. But natural sometimes looks better. Bc once u do that later make sure u do some blush bc foundation takes away the natural color of the face. Mascara and maybe flirty pink lipstick r of course. Just do what u feel the most comfortable and confident in!!

1|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes