How to be pretty?

I really feel my self esteem dropping. The terrible feeling when you see a pretty Youtuber and the vast majority of comments are always positive and complimenting their looks, and photogenic instagram models... it just hurts so much. 😒 When your boyfriend who you told everything to and did so much for and spoiled with the life of you, suddenly stops talking to you. When people cyberbully you and when you spent your childhood being bullied and called ugly... and seeing all of these girls getting showered with compliments can really deteriorate your self esteem.

I have been called beautiful essentially more than I've been insulted or called ugly, but I can't precisely tell if they were just trying to make me feel better or if they genuinely mean it. It's gotten to that point honestly and I just want to feel admired and appreciated... but I can't do that if I'm not photogenic or pretty enough. Do I need makeup or plastic surgery? I just wish I knew how to be pretty like the other girls... ☹

Updates:
please don't pity me, this was honestly a dumb question and i was wallowing in self doubt <3 i still am, but thank you for looking out for me and i pray that none of you have to go through this

3|0

Most Helpful Guy

• most instagram models or YouTube characters these days are fake, either completely loaded with makeup, plastic surgery or other various types of enhancements. Don't try to be like them, try to be yourself and love who you are, not who they are.

Having someone that you've loved so much turn on your back and treat you like garbage is a massive shocker, I have sympathy for you. If you want to talk to somebody I'll lend my ear, I'm off from school for a couple of days anyways :)

4|1
    0|0
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE
    • you're such a pure soul. β™‘ i would love to speak with you anytime! people like you are so rare in this clouded world. please do not ever change for anyone, you are a gem. β˜οΈπŸ’—

• I'll take what you just said and reverse it right back towards you. You're unique, you're rare, you don't need to change. If you ever want to chat private message me and we can connect friend!

Most Helpful Girl

• No no no..
    You are beautiful just the way you are no matter what..
    Don't think you are not beautiful don't think that you need makeup because u don't..
    Don't think you need surgery because u don't..
    You are beautiful just the way you are and God thinks and knows that you are beautiful to.. If people make fun of you just ignore and walk away and yes it will hurt but keep in mind that God thinks your beautiful , I think your beautiful, and if your family and friends that truly love you they will think your beautiful to... just the way you are
    And yes we ( me , God, family , friend. Those who truly love u ) say it to you
    If u want to..
    You can pm ne if u would like to I won't mind..
    Your friend your sister in Jesus Christ

1|0
    0|0
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE
    • And I'm truly extremely sorry for what u been through I now how u feel but extremely worse but still know..
      God and i r here for u

• thank you my dear angel princess πŸ˜­πŸ˜­πŸ’žπŸ’•πŸ’•πŸ’• you are a precious angelic soul in this worldβ™‘ i love you forever, my beautiful princess πŸ’›

• I love you to.. I am here if u need me..
      And God is here for u to.. All u have to do is pray he will answer but probably not right away.. You are defentily a princess to πŸ’›πŸ’™πŸ’œπŸ’šβ€πŸ’—πŸ’“πŸ’•πŸ’–πŸ’žπŸ˜„πŸ˜ƒπŸ˜€πŸ˜Šβ˜ΊπŸ˜‰πŸ˜Œ

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 16

• You can be beautiful without those things. You just need to like things about yourself and they don't all have to be exterior. Most real men don't care for the exterior shit because of how easy it can change

1|0
    0|0
    • By the way I saw your other post before it got removed. Please seek help. :(

• ahhh thanks angel, i was just hurting so much and often it can trigger that... but i will get help soon πŸ˜’πŸ’— thank you for looking out for me

• I get how we can all hurt some times. I would rather someone get help than make that permanent of a decision. I don't mind also listening and being a friend but I think if you feel this way you should go to the hospital...

• Don't compare your body to others. You'll always be disappointed. Try to make the things you like about yourself stand out, no matter what others think about it. There'll be people enough who like it. Try emphasizing freckles, curls, straight hair, parts that are smaller or larger than average. Find beauty in yourself, not in others. Most of all, don't beat yourself up.

1|0
    0|0
  • look, some people life is never easy, never was, never will be, you have to accept the fact, that you are one of those people, who's life is just like hell, and you have to get used to it, im sorry to say this, but im not trying to de motivate you.
    as long as it about your looks, all i can say is, im pretty sure you are underestimating yourself, a lot of girls do that, im sure you are very attractive

1|1
    0|0
  • Self esteem dropping? Drop the base!!!
    Just kidding. Stop relying on people's comments to choose ur worth learn to be happy by urself

3|0
    0|0
  • Buy a panda. I have never seen a sad person with a panda. And then everyone will pay atention to the panda and not you. Thrust me, pandas can solve everything bad in this world

1|0
    0|0
  • Start with things you genuinely love. Don't think what other will this k about you doing that. This will help you in gaining self love. Everything around us starts with self love.

1|0
    0|0
  • Smile :) it makes everybody pretty :) it also helps a lot to make people laugh :) but at least what I can see in your profile picture you are pretty πŸ‘πŸΌ

1|0
    0|0
  • I can tell you just from reading this post and your comments that you got what they don't have. You have a beautiful personality and it just shines everytime you talk

1|0
    0|0
  • By taking implants and caking yourself with make up.
    They are the only ways which obviously gross out most people. Just stay happy and smile like this 😁

1|0
    0|0
  • I can maybe help on improvements on your looks but if you feel pretty or not is more a selfeestem issue.πŸ˜πŸ™„

1|0
    0|0
  • So better stop paying attention to what they call u beautiful or ugly

1|0
    0|0
  • A smile and thinking positively goes a long way more than you think.

1|0
    0|0
  • Wide intellect

1|0
    0|0
  • I'm sure you look just fine...

1|0
    0|0
  • I bet you’re so pretty, everyone’s self esteem drops at some point you look different to yourself then what other people see

1|0
    0|0
  • Makeup maybe. Plastic surgery.. no... But at the end of the day... It's the impact you leave on the world, not the looks you have. People don't remember Neil Armstrong for his looks, don't love Obama for his handsomeness, don't like their own moms because they're pretty... They love and admire these people for their actions and the difference their lives have made to those around them and to the world.

2|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 11

• Girl you're beautiful and look adorable! please stop being so hard on yourself, you're a lovely person with a wonderful personality!, everyone gets low days where they feel bad about themselves i know i often do, but you do not need plastic surgery at all! :) <3

0|0
    0|0
  • I'm sure you are pretty in your own way. Stop comparing yourself with other women. There is always be someone who is more attractive than us. We cannot be pretty to EVERYONE because there will always be some people who find us unattractive unless you are a living mannequin. Beauty is subjective. You might be surprised that many people find those women (like those insta girls you mentioned) unattractive. Just because they receive compliments online, that doesn't define them as the most beautiful.

2|0
    0|0
    • thanks babydoll!πŸ’•πŸ’• you are very beautiful by the way, inside and out β™‘ please don't ever take my advice by wearing makeup or wanting plastic surgery because those are just my struggles. but you are beautiful just as you are. your words have brought healing to my soul

• I understand because I went through the same thing before. I had depression too and I used to hate how I look. I suffered from a very bad acne and was bullied for it in school. My parents weren't being supportive and it made everything worst. I was all alone struggling. I know I look so much better after I graduated from college but sometimes I still feel certain ways about myself. It took me so many years to finally accept myself the way I am. About the plastic surgery, don't worry I had that silly thought too only to realize that I was torturing myself to please those who don't even care about me. You are welcome! I'm glad you feel better. Just remember one thing, you a are beautiful God's creation ❀

• Hey, i dont want to say that i know what you feel but i spend my childhood being bullied and called ugly too.
    Society or your surroundings made you this way. This is sad really. But i think we should learn that you can make other people agree with you. At least make yourself happy about being you.
    Please dont let your surrounding dictated the way you look upon yourself.

2|0
    0|0
    • whoever called you that is a horrible human being 😒 you are such a beautiful soul πŸ’— thank you my lovelyβ™‘

• Pretty to one maybe not be to the next. For me pretty is staying fit, pretty hair, skin. Men like CHASING WOMWN once you do everything for them and run, chase them.. your no longer a challenge. Ignore, be busy, dont CHASE

1|0
    1|0
  • ideally, i can tell you to just be yourself and love yourself, but it's hard when you've got so many insecurities - i know the feeling. the beauty industry is a superficial world. in reality, we've all got our self-doubts - even celebrities. if makeup or plastic surgery is on your list, make sure you're doing it for yourself, not the society. if it will make you happier and more confident - there's nothing wrong with that. alternatively, take a break from all of this - go out and give back, volunteer, do something good for yourself and the community. it'd be a nice escape from seeing everything in terms of looks and delve into something more worthy: character. people will admire and appreciate you for the beautiful person you are, not the beautiful person you look like; and the ones who only look at the surface don't deserve to go any deeper.

1|0
    0|0
  • a lot of practice makes you pretty. makeup,,,, fashion... keep trying...

1|0
    0|0
  • Put a pink bow in your hair, wear some sexy heels, and know you’re the prettiest girl in the room.

1|0
    0|0
  • Models in the media aren’t real. They create certain stereotypes that everybody wants to follow and makes us believe we are less beautiful than they are. But reality is different. What is beautiful to one person might not be from
    Another. In the other hand they live from their image so fro them taking care is a must. Never compare yourself to anyone else or you will never ever be happy. I’ll cite a phrase I read here and Inhope might help you: Everyone is attractive to someone but nobody is attractive to everyone. Enjoy your life a it is now. Stop worrying. Looks aren’y everything. I envy more an astronomer, a scientist. All
    These fake models are overrated. Good luck. I’m sure you are more pretty than any of them

0|0
    0|0
  • You need to tell yourself that you’re pretty everyday and not care what others say.

0|0
    0|0
  • Stop comparing yourself. them Instagram hoes fake

1|0
    0|0
  • Oh my God how fucking annoying. First of all accept yourself for who you are. You're not the other girls so quit talking about them and what they get that you don't, stop playing the victim. Workout, eat better, change your style and fake your self esteem until you have one.

0|0
    3|1
    • please don't be negative, it's simply a question. if you're going to be rude then please just leave.

• Show All
    • plus i'm sensitive so... surprise!!!

• Agreed, anon, but you need to work on your delivery skills.

Recommended myTakes